Bumping of threads and no external linking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumping of threads and no external linking

I would like to enquire regarding the above 2 rules..

1) Do we need to exactly follow the 24hr before each bump? Ie, a bump within 20 hrs (in my case) would have resulted in the mod breathing down ur neck and warning abt infarction points? If so, i find this abit unreasonable but i leave it to the owners and mods of this forum to decide.

2) No external links allowed. For example a person has 2 pieces of the item in stock and links it to his / her ebay sales acct (which was not an auction but a direct sale) for the intention of allowing people to see the availability and to reserve the item via his / her ebay sales. Not allowing this in the forums can actually result in misunderstanding as a buyer from this forum wants to deal but somehow someone else buy it from the ebay acct earlier but the seller could not check. This will result in alot of problems between the seller and the 2 buyers if both are hell bent on getting the item.
    I agree that its the seller's responsibility to check the ebay sales and this forums but pls do note that slips can occur especially with working individuals who cannot check their sales thread all the time.

Just my 2 cents cos i feel that SGROC is becoming abit of an elitist forum with inflexible rules and regulations.
    I actually applaud most of the rules (esp stating a price) but somehow a bit of flexibility should exist or else a vibrant sales community cannot flourish.

Sorry if i am overstepping my boundaries as a "just small member".
    Pls do whatever is fit.

Originally posted by ruzmidah View Post

1) Do we need to exactly follow the 24hr before each bump? Ie, a bump within 20 hrs (in my case) would have resulted in the mod breathing down ur neck and warning abt infarction points? If so, i find this abit unreasonable but i leave it to the owners and mods of this forum to decide.

Just my 2 cents cos i feel that SGROC is becoming abit of an elitist forum with inflexible rules and regulations.
    I actually applaud most of the rules (esp stating a price) but somehow a bit of flexibility should exist or else a vibrant sales community cannot flourish.

Pls do whatever is fit.
    Hi bro, I understand your frustrations but rules are rules my friend. Even as the owner, I don't give myself the leeway to post when I was free at 12am earlier on..I waited till after the 24 hrs was over before I updated my thread. You can look through any of my threads, (example below)

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=64652

Yesterday 12:29 AM
    Today 01:13 AM

I follow the rules strictly because if I don't set the right example, none of you will follow and that 20 hours gap will shorten and shorten until we just bump whenever we want to right?

Hope you understand that if we were to bend the rules, then no one will follow and it will make our forum very messy. When the forum becomes messy, you too, complain about it being messy and who's gonna clean it up?

It's my mods who take off their precious time to contribute to the forum.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

as you mentioned, it is seller's responsibility to check. seller will want to post item for sale in many places as possible to sell an item

rules and regulations are in place to help maintain this site for the benefit of all members. if rules and regulations are not imposed, then why set them in the first place? same concept applies to working in a company, there are rules and regulations as well.

2) No external links allowed. For example a person has 2 pieces of the item in stock and links it to his / her ebay sales acct (which was not an auction but a direct sale) for the intention of allowing people to see the availability and to reserve the item via his / her ebay sales. Not allowing this in the forums can actually result in misunderstanding as a buyer from this forum wants to deal but somehow someone else buy it from the ebay acct earlier but the seller could not check. This will result in alot of problems between the seller and the 2 buyers if both are hell bent on getting the item.
      I agree that its the seller's responsibility to check the ebay sales and this forums but pls do note that slips can occur especially with working individuals who cannot check their sales thread all the time.

Pls do whatever is fit.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Many thanks for the reply...

Then i urge the mods to be more consistent in their rulings (and more courteous in their replies in our threads, my english is fine i guess but thats a personal and small matter)....
        Previously i had done the same (ie bumping my threads within 20 hrs etc etc but not more than once a day) ever since i joined in Apr 2010
        Also i have put 2 items in one post (to sell as a set) once somewhere in AUg - sept 2010.

So far i had no infarctions during that time. But now, apparently the rules are either tighter or the reiging mod is doing is job very well and the prev one is not.

Anyway, frankly speaking, to ensure a strictly 24hrs prior to next bump will only make this forum harder to manage in the near future.

Hope the discussion can end here, its just a personal feedback. I can offer no solution as i am just a small fry.

Comment

we appreciate your feedback.

a point to note is that the almost the entire mod team has since changed.

Many thanks for the reply...

Then i urge the mods to be more consistent in their rulings (and more courteous in their replies in our threads, my english is fine i guess but thats a personal and small matter)....
          Previously i had done the same (ie bumping my threads within 20 hrs etc etc but not more than once a day) ever since i joined in Apr 2010
          Also i have put 2 items in one post (to sell as a set) once somewhere in AUg - sept 2010.

So far i had no infarctions during that time. But now, apparently the rules are either tighter or the reiging mod is doing is job very well and the prev one is not.

Anyway, frankly speaking, to ensure a strictly 24hrs prior to next bump will only make this forum harder to manage in the near future.

Hope the discussion can end here, its just a personal feedback. I can offer no solution as i am just a small fry.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

You are not the only one that is been issued out reminder not to bump your sales thread more than once per 24 hours. Pls check your facts before you jump the gun.

I am more on the ball on the forum rules as i find that it is my duty to ensure everyone follow the forum rules including myself.

I do have 1 watch sales thread too and i follow the rules as well...

As for your comment on my reply in your sales thread, i do not think it is rude or offensive at all....afterall all the points that you have raised up, answers can be found in the Forum FAQ section.

Finally, rules have to be followed as it makes the forum less chaotic regardless if you are a big fry or small one..

Regards,
            Feilong108
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X