Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everywhere there is carrots. only this one come in wide range of colors/shape/size
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

true!

Comment

Originally posted by The One View Post
        May i know is the thread price expensive or under price? i don't know about sinn. Please advice. Thanks bro.
        over priced...u can get from THG at $3600 brand new...
        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV
        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Hi,

I know there are certain rules/guides on the use of the sales thread but I wonder if we can give information in the thread/topic itself. For example, I see someone selling a watch at exorbitant price and wish to warn potential buyers; or someone selling at a price that is far too low due to lack of knowledge. How do I post warning/give proper information? A clear example is this thread:

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=9498

Please advise. Tx.
          bro OK, your intention is good but i think the buyers needs to do their own research..

i've received emails from members at times asking me if it's worth buying this/that watch...for those watches that i know of, i'll share with them how much pre-owned dealers are/were selling for their reference...for those i don't know...i'll tell them so...

We've all seen many over priced watches in WTS...sigh....What To Do??

cheers

james
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Hi bros, got quite a few pms asking me whether which pams are expensive, which pams can buy. Maybe because of my nick. But I am no expert, so can only give my 2cts.

I think it is better to be discreet. PMs are fine. Posting on thread can be touchy.

Caveat Emptor

Comment

I was just trying to help both parties cos' you'd never knw who is a potential buyer. Let alone PM'ing him/her. If it's a bit plus-minus of the price, I'm ok. It's the "way-off" pricings that I feel uncomfortable. Imagine you come across a SS Sub selling for $9k in our Sales Thread(just example only)?! Do you keep quiet? I agree we shld not meddle wif pple's sales but isn't tis an open forum When u post something here, be prepared for good, as well as bad reactions/responses. Right? Well, may b I'm wrong .

Just to share n clarify la. I'm neutral, heh!
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I feel that to demerit a thread is not very nice abit.

Why not we think of the opposite? By create a thread to merit those thread selling at very good price? Instead of up and up again...

Comment

I think if someone were selling a SS sub for 9k

I was just trying to help both parties cos' you'd never knw who is a potential buyer. Let alone PM'ing him/her. If it's a bit plus-minus of the price, I'm ok. It's the "way-off" pricings that I feel uncomfortable. Imagine you come across a SS Sub selling for $9k in our Sales Thread(just example only)?! Do you keep quiet? I agree we shld not meddle wif pple's sales but isn't tis an open forum When u post something here, be prepared for good, as well as bad reactions/responses. Right? Well, may b I'm wrong .

Just to share n clarify la. I'm neutral, heh!
                  no one would bite lah. So the "problem" would take care of itself.

Understand your good intentions but this is a market economy, price like water, will find its own level. Anyway, I have not seen a Singaporean buyer who does not ask the following questions before they buy:

a) got discount or not?
                  b) what's the best price ah?

anyway, since price is the biggest discussion topic on sg-roc, no one is likely to be shooting without first checking.

Comment

Ok la, gd discussion. I picked up some knwledge here. Tx.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Bro your intention is good! And I know that some "seller" are too much and deserved it.

I appreciated yout truthfulness! Thanks bro!

Comment

Good intentions appreciated

thumbs up.

Comment

let me share my experience about this situation. i once saw someone trying a sell a watch for a profit of 100% of the cost of the watch.

i pm the seller and the seller claims that it is to cover travel and hotel accomodation costs. i was like if you say so then i got nothing much to say. by the way, the profit is about 1k, which i feel is way too much.

i too was in a fix, to openly say in the thread. u gain the seller's wrath. to keep quiet, you feel bad for the buyer who became a carrot.

if you pm a buyer and say that the seller is overcharging. the potential buyer go to the seller quoting your nick/name. then incur the seller's wrath again.

as much as many of us who wants to help those people from overcharging. there is a price to pay for eventually.

so bottomline is do what you feel is comfortable. it is a free economy. some buyers do homework, some buyers dont. it is the same outside this forum where people buy things.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

What I feel is...if you know that person (buyer) well,or met him before or what...you can tell him it's too expensive. It's ok..but if you don't..risky.

We cannot create a price ceiling(econs yes..i m doing it this sem hahah) or fix the prices...if anyone wants to sell his 16610 at 15k let him be. Buyers dun do homework...and they happily pay...it makes his day...why spoil it?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

2me, those "upz 4 u", "nice watch there", "hope gd sale", etc shld all b sensored. i think it is fine to comment on price or even te looks of watches. afterall tis is a public forum. u cant always expect 2 only hear gd tinks tio bo? like those who posts fotos in gallery. most pple say swee ar swee ar but u don c pple say ka-na-sai rite? and why so? so don get offended if u post ur watch n some1 criticise it. afterall tis is a public forum.

Comment

well...dun see you had post any of your watches up here....y not give it a shot and see wad comments u can garner...lol....
                                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X