• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for SG-ROC, im willing to sponsor

1) 1 watch - quartz watch. FOC one.
    2) CD/DVD folders
    3) used motorola V3X - working condition. box. full accessories
    4) this one is pending. i will talk to my friend about putting up a banner or link on their website. i will wait for him to get back to me on pricing. then will be able to commit something for this forum. louisoh. u fine with this idea? anything to share, kindly pm me. thanks
    5) i also dont mind sponsoring hosting fees + possible of network traffic for 1 quarter of a year. louisoh can get back to me?

sorry. im unable to take up such tasks - treasurer/etc as 2008 will be pretty tight schedule for me.

will look for more items.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      for SG-ROC, im willing to sponsor

1) 1 watch - quartz watch. FOC one.
      2) CD/DVD folders
      3) used motorola V3X - working condition. box. full accessories
      4) this one is pending. i will talk to my friend about putting up a banner or link on their website. i will wait for him to get back to me on pricing. then will be able to commit something for this forum. louisoh. u fine with this idea? anything to share, kindly pm me. thanks
      5) i also dont mind sponsoring hosting fees + possible of network traffic for 1 quarter of a year. louisoh can get back to me?

sorry. im unable to take up such tasks - treasurer/etc as 2008 will be pretty tight schedule for me.

will look for more items.
      that's great Seems like the guys here are quite generous...I can consider throwing in my glass chess set..

Eh how bout this..if we have enough stuff...we can post on newspaper and tell the whole s'pore wad we doing. 1 it can drive a hell lot more of traffic and they can participate in the auction. What you guys think? Who knows if a big company sees it they might also contribute to it. Just a suggestion,tell me if i m not realistic

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        that's great Seems like the guys here are quite generous...I can consider throwing in my glass chess set..

Eh how bout this..if we have enough stuff...we can post on newspaper and tell the whole s'pore wad we doing. 1 it can drive a hell lot more of traffic and they can participate in the auction. What you guys think? Who knows if a big company sees it they might also contribute to it. Just a suggestion,tell me if i m not realistic
        not jst guys lah, maybe ask the gsting to throw in a used gstring .. .hahahhahaa

wonder how much people bid ...

Comment

Great idea . Btw, how much is your glass chess set? International one or chinese one? I'm a chess enthusiast

I'm a potential buyer
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Since the response from all is so spontaneous, I will also support and contribute with a Seiko Automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
              Great idea . Btw, how much is your glass chess set? International one or chinese one? I'm a chess enthusiast

I'm a potential buyer
              INternational. you interested i take a pic for ya

Comment

INternational. you interested i take a pic for ya
                I Keen. This one made in where? You play chess also?

Comment

err guys...so the money goes to? charity or SGROC fund for members activities?

also, there'll be a centralised point to collect the gifts (and proceeds too)? Bidder contact seller directly or should the bidder contact the IC? payment mode? may have to iron out some processes first.

cheers

james
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I Keen. This one made in where? You play chess also?
                    Put the pics and talk about it at my sales thread...otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                      err guys...so the money goes to? charity or SGROC fund for members activities?

also, there'll be a centralised point to collect the gifts (and proceeds too)? Bidder contact seller directly or should the bidder contact the IC? payment mode? may have to iron out some processes first.

cheers

james
                      Agree. Let's iron out things. My chess set can wait a bit.

Firstly, I think we got to establish the cause for collecting these funds:

1. If we're thinking of doing charity, then we need to be more focussed. What beneficiaries are we looking at? Cancer patients? Orphans? Slow children? Old folks? Or what? I suspect we may fall short in terms of resources ($$$) here, unless we are able to collect quite a bit. If the spirit is to give, then I think $$$ is only one avenue that we can approach. I personally feel that there're other ways that we can contribute too, apart from giving $$$. One is to visit the homes and make our presence felt. Perhaps we can organise an outing there

2. If we're thinking of getting this to fund our future activities, then we may need to first set up, something like a committee. We need ppl to forecast and organise routine meetups and get togethers. We need ppl to control the funds. We need ppl to give suggestion, opinions and guidance.

Last but not most important, we need A-C-T-I-O-N. Somebody got to spearhead this effort. May I propose Wolfeyes, since this brilliant suggestion arose from him. I'm willing to lend my utmost support to whoever spearheading this

Let's turn this to a reality

Comment

1. If we're thinking of doing charity, then we need to be more focussed. What beneficiaries are we looking at? Cancer patients? Orphans? Slow children? Old folks? Or what? I suspect we may fall short in terms of resources ($$$) here, unless we are able to collect quite a bit. If the spirit is to give, then I think $$$ is only one avenue that we can approach. I personally feel that there're other ways that we can contribute too, apart from giving $$$. One is to visit the homes and make our presence felt. Perhaps we can organise an outing there

2. If we're thinking of getting this to fund our future activities, then we may need to first set up, something like a committee. We need ppl to forecast and organise routine meetups and get togethers. We need ppl to control the funds. We need ppl to give suggestion, opinions and guidance.

Last but not most important, we need A-C-T-I-O-N. Somebody got to spearhead this effort. May I propose Wolfeyes, since this brilliant suggestion arose from him. I'm willing to lend my utmost support to whoever spearheading this

You guys just go ahead and plan first...I can sell my chess set first,then after that take the money and donate out lor...no diff.

Comment

Lets not put all into the future activities fund.. since it's pretty hard to fix a gathering for >5 ppl.... smaller sized gatherings are much easier to fixed. Then again, i would say that we can set aside a part of it to fund such gatherings.. fund will be used for makan, drinks, activities for sgroc members and family, etc..

As for treasurer, i dun mind holding the $ but for transparent reasons, would suggest that we have 2 person in charge of the $ issues (No gold taps like mr durai )

Charity wise, it's definately good to give some things back to the society esp to those less fortunate... auctions can be held via ebay.com.sg as there are more traffic there...

So to summarize up, what we need now is:
                          1) Some1 in charge for the whole campaign
                          2) 1 more person to help me with the safekeeping of $..
                          3) Compiling the list of items to be auctioned off (brand new except for watches preferred?)
                          4) The beneficiaries that we are looking at ? how many % to set aside for SGROC gathering's fund?
                          5) Start a few smaller sized gatherings esp with the more active members first... Lets say this coming sat or sun ? at a centralised location?

These are what i can think of atm... Anymore things to add on ?
                          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

got a little prob for me to speahead this..cos am doing regional sales and travels pretty frequently (i know there're a lot of busy people here)....i can help louis to "safekeep" the money though and evolve to other roles when needed...

thanks

cheers

james
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV
                            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

The person driving this got to be someone who has time, believes in what we're doing, and is passionate. Otherwise, I forsee that this will die of natural death in time to come. Perhaps one of the Mod shld take this up?

I can help with s/n 3

Comment

I am abit more free now coz I took a LONG LONG BREAK from my job...but don't want something too tough.

Number 1 is not really possible for me.
                                Number 2 maybe if you bros trust a 16 YO.
                                Number 3 MP took already
                                hmm..Number 4...I have a suggestion. We come out with a few hospitals or old age home,that we like to help and we decide from there. I don't really believe in giving cash money alone,but I think it would be better if we donate to them items like say furniture. If theirs are old we change it. But of course this will depend on how much we have also.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X