Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Require 10 post to view sales forum, What is your view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by triton View Post
    you may want to click on the self help link under Latest Announcement
    Given that its a feedback thread, just a suggestion that perhaps you can bold the statement of the self help link under the Latest Announcement to draw attention to it.

Comment

• i have 13 posts yet i cant reply nor post new threads? pls assist

Comment

• So, how do i view other sales post?

Comment

• not very friendly as i juz wanted to view garage section to buy watches and not to sell or something.

Comment

• whr to post 10 replys when the thread so little things -_-

Comment

• you were presented at least 3 opportunities to direct you to the thread where it will advise users where to post 10 replies.

1. there is a self help link under latest announcement where you should be accessing
              2. there is a notice that even provides a link for you to click on
              3. as a registered user, you would have been directed to the thread where it tells you to post

you have politely chosen not to read them especially when you were directed to the thread as mentioned in point 3

there are many threads in both categories to allow new members to post.

Originally posted by Fabbybeenhad View Post
              whr to post 10 replys when the thread so little things -_-
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Is very difficult for me as a newbie to participate. If you talk about garage forum, i agreed but not on discussion forum. Now i want to open new thread about Arnold & Son to share thinking also cannot.

Comment

• when members wanted to sell an item, some have gone to open threads asking the same question that has been discussed resulting in redundant threads. when members started to post in useful threads with replies such as great info, other members say it is flooded with redundant posts.

you have been a member since 2013, and you just had 2 posts. the forum is both a place to seek answers for queries as well as for members to share their knowledge and experience.

to you is difficult. however many others have done it.

Originally posted by sunarto234 View Post
                  Is very difficult for me as a newbie to participate. If you talk about garage forum, i agreed but not on discussion forum. Now i want to open new thread about Arnold & Son to share thinking also cannot.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Hi there, why not let the person who create the thread to close the thread? And also with 10 post...hmm post what?...can't be some nonsense right. I really think it is really redundant leh...

One thing you can do is to delete those old thread that could be 1 year ago....to upkeep the sale thread.

Comment

• And also can't post for the seek of posting just to achieved 10 post....so duh leh...like what I am doing now?

Comment

• in the past, sellers can create/post/edit/close threads, however some of the options were widely misuse. and hence certain options were removed.

what to post? you can choose to participate actively or otherwise.

you will be surprise to see what some of the posts are.

you need to thank the forum advertisers who are paying for the cost of this forum so that members like you enjoy the benefit for posting items without any cost.

what you are suggesting is teaching sellers to be irresponsible. sellers are responsible for their sales threads, is like your wife/mum cooks a meal for you to enjoy (posting items without cost) and then leave the left overs (old threads) expecting wife/mum (moderators) to clean up for you (delete old thread). if you have a maid to clean up, then you have to pay her wages right? so will you be willing to pay the moderators to help you delete your sales threads?

Originally posted by Rattapong View Post
                        Hi there, why not let the person who create the thread to close the thread? And also with 10 post...hmm post what?...can't be some nonsense right. I really think it is really redundant leh...

One thing you can do is to delete those old thread that could be 1 year ago....to upkeep the sale thread.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                          in the past, sellers can create/post/edit/close threads, however some of the options were widely misuse. and hence certain options were removed.

what to post? you can choose to participate actively or otherwise.

you will be surprise to see what some of the posts are.
                          you need to thank the forum advertisers who are paying for the cost of this forum so that members like you enjoy the benefit for posting items without any cost.

what you are suggesting is teaching sellers to be irresponsible. sellers are responsible for their sales threads, is like your wife/mum cooks a meal for you to enjoy (posting items without cost) and then leave the
                          left overs (old threads) expecting wife/mum (moderators) to clean up for you (delete old thread). if you have a maid to clean up, then you have to pay her wages right? so will you be willing to pay the moderators to help you delete your sales threads?
                          But then if the wife or your mum force you eat the thing that you hate or dun like, will you eat it? Yes we must thank the advertiser for doing good. However it's also their benefit that some watches are also sold right? As for the moderator, you are her for passion or for wages?

Comment

• Hi,

please note that in my previous posts there is no mentioned of forcing. secondly, as a matured adult, you can choose not to eat it. you requested multiple times through sales threads and pm to me and other moderators to have your access removed and yet you are still participating in this forum. so it means you are capable of deciding to participate or not. i have chosen not to remove your access upon receipt of your request because i am giving you time to collect your thoughts as i believe you posted the request not in the best state of mental mind.

kindly note the title below the user name is administrator. also moderators in this forum are volunteers who do not receive wages, if sellers expect moderators to clean up, then it is only right that sellers pay moderators for work done.

unless a owner of a forum has deep pockets, then it is possible to run it with passion.

Originally posted by PrinceLTH View Post
                            But then if the wife or your mum force you eat the thing that you hate or dun like, will you eat it? Yes we must thank the advertiser for doing good. However it's also their benefit that some watches are also sold right? As for the moderator, you are her for passion or for wages?

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

• As a brand new member I can see the reasoning behind the 10 replies needed before being able to post new threads. It keeps out spammers, bots and drive-by posters. Is it a bit inconvenient? Yes, but it probably helps filter out people who would ultimately not contribute much to the forum. I'm happy to be here and as someone new to the world of Rolex, I'm looking forward to learning alot from the regular members. Cheers!

Comment

• thanks for your perspective. there are other forum who requires more than 10 posts to be able to for items for sales. as such 10 posts to some is tough but to others it is not.

please understand that it is not easy to customize restrictions for just 1 group or section in the forum and another set of restrictions on anther sections.

Originally posted by Kush View Post
                                As a brand new member I can see the reasoning behind the 10 replies needed before being able to post new threads. It keeps out spammers, bots and drive-by posters. Is it a bit inconvenient? Yes, but it probably helps filter out people who would ultimately not contribute much to the forum. I'm happy to be here and as someone new to the world of Rolex, I'm looking forward to learning alot from the regular members. Cheers!

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X