Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Require 10 post to view sales forum, What is your view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you already have 10 posts.

Originally posted by stty View Post
    How do we accumulate these 10 posts?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by Watch-lover View Post
      As per topic headlines, novices now required 10 post to view sales forum. What is the reason behind it? Please share your view.
      Dont know

Comment

• I have hit 10 posts but still unable to access other part of the forum. Not sure why ?

Comment

• the reason is because you were tasked to update your email your address via pm. a set of instructions were given in the pm as well.

did you read the pm and perform the tasks as required?

Originally posted by Bluedayz30 View Post
          I have hit 10 posts but still unable to access other part of the forum. Not sure why ?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Specific Instructions

The instructions are really specific and all needs to be fulfilled before we can view or post in sales forum. It might be for the reason to clean up unused account as some users might have more than one account. It is for a good cause but an additional action for user. Thanks.

Comment

• with all due respect, this is a really stupid rule. you're not going to involve anybody in the community this way, and you end up with threads full of meaningless posts, disrupting possibly fruitful discussions.

building a community starts with quantity (of users) and the way to do that is by removing barriers to entry - not by driving them over to the other watch sites.

again, i say this with all due respect

Comment

• i do not agree with the fact that a community starts with quantity of users only, quality of users is important too.

also users can view sales forum - paid advertisers section without any restrictions.

Originally posted by fattchoywong View Post
                with all due respect, this is a really stupid rule. you're not going to involve anybody in the community this way, and you end up with threads full of meaningless posts, disrupting possibly fruitful discussions.

building a community starts with quantity (of users) and the way to do that is by removing barriers to entry - not by driving them over to the other watch sites.

again, i say this with all due respect

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

• 10 post not easy for a newbie

Comment

• So at lease has to post 10 then i can view the forum why has to be lime tat

Will be troublesome in order to view or purchase watches from sgroc now

Comment

• I think not only at garage section lei.. the main rolex in general also cannot post.. :'(

Comment

• I just joined todqy.Also cannot post.
                        How do i get to post in Rolex General Thread?

Comment

• you were directed to read 2 threads, one of the threads has a section - why cannot post. answers can be found there.

alt you can click on the self help link located under the latest announcement section.

Originally posted by BlueBatman View Post
                          I just joined todqy.Also cannot post.
                          How do i get to post in Rolex General Thread?

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                            you were directed to read 2 threads, one of the threads has a section - why cannot post. answers can be found there.

alt you can click on the self help link located under the latest announcement section.
                            Should go and read thru.Thanks.

Comment

• The rule does make some sense.

If one pays close attention to the threads, one can see a lot of threads are quite old while total members of this forum almost hits the 100,000 level! In order to keep this forum alive, some activity needs to be generated on the forum.

However, in my humble opinion, that is also immediately the weakness of the rule. Now people are replying on post that are like, more than 1 year old or so and not really contribute to the quality of the forum. But I assume that the admin has hired some folks who are specialized in these kind of issues of generating activity on a forum. Hitting the 100,000 level for a forum is quite an achievement so I assume the seo strategy works.

Comment

• Thank you for your feedback.

however, many members like you live in "peace time" of this forum. many members have not seen spammers' posts in the long time. one of the reasons to impose a 10 post count is because many spammers posted spam posts in the sales threads. these spammers can at 1 time post 10-20 replies in all threads especially sales threads. this is one of the several measures to ensure spammers are kept at bay.

Originally posted by Linda View Post
                                The rule does make some sense.

If one pays close attention to the threads, one can see a lot of threads are quite old while total members of this forum almost hits the 100,000 level! In order to keep this forum alive, some activity needs to be generated on the forum.

However, in my humble opinion, that is also immediately the weakness of the rule. Now people are replying on post that are like, more than 1 year old or so and not really contribute to the quality of the forum. But I assume that the admin has hired some folks who are specialized in these kind of issues of generating activity on a forum. Hitting the 100,000 level for a forum is quite an achievement so I assume the seo strategy works.

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X