Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the best maintained wts forum in Singapore :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the best maintained wts forum in Singapore :)

Good job to the sgroc fellows....
    Last of the Mohicans: PAM 321R, Rolex Submariner, Montblanc Star Chronograph GMT Automatic, Locman Titanium

Past Collection: PAM 359P, PAM 312N, Rolex GMT Master II, JLC Reverso Squardo Chronograph GMT, PAM 112, IWC Portofino IW353304, IWC Portofino IW356501, Omega Planet Ocean,Tag Huer Link Chronometer,Omega Speedmaster Chronometer

the credit goes to all the moderators past and present in maintaining the garage section.

a big applause to all sellers who plays a part in updating their sales threads in accordance to the forum rules and regulations so that all the items are as current as possible.

this indirectly brings a better experience for potential buyers in looking for items to sell.

Originally posted by kenzo666 View Post
    Good job to the sgroc fellows....
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I hate to admit this, but other forums seems to be like a 'war zone' at times.

At least here can see different categories for different sellers but not fair to some who are classified as private dealers.

Organized and have different sellers in the first few pages, at least gives me as a buyer a chance to compare prices and don't have to do advanced search at times.

Thanks to the hardworking moderators and organized administrators to keep this forum neat and tidy. Makes a better surfing experience.

Comment

I echo the compliment.

Just a small comment/observation - most sellers whom WTS threads got moved to the private dealer watch garage aren't happy about it not just because they aren't a dealer as such but also due to the perception that dealers' price are more expensive than individual seller's and hence potentially less exposure for the private dealer garage.

I understand the intention to separate the "mass sellers" but maybe there are some other better ways for the admin to achieve the same purpose? I don't have a suggestion now but I'll try to think about it ok...
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by watchnoob View Post
          I hate to admit this, but other forums seems to be like a 'war zone' at times.

At least here can see different categories for different sellers but not fair to some who are classified as private dealers.

Organized and have different sellers in the first few pages, at least gives me as a buyer a chance to compare prices and don't have to do advanced search at times.

Thanks to the hardworking moderators and organized administrators to keep this forum neat and tidy. Makes a better surfing experience.
          Talking about other forum...

I see that many sellers in one forum don't bump up their threads anymore. They simply copy-paste and create a duplicate sale thread every few days!

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
            I echo the compliment.

Just a small comment/observation - most sellers whom WTS threads got moved to the private dealer watch garage aren't happy about it not just because they aren't a dealer as such but also due to the perception that dealers' price are more expensive than individual seller's and hence potentially less exposure for the private dealer garage.

I understand the intention to separate the "mass sellers" but maybe there are some other better ways for the admin to achieve the same purpose? I don't have a suggestion now but I'll try to think about it ok...
            By the way I know of some real non-advertising dealers trying to avoid being moved to the private dealers garage by using multiple nicks to prevent hitting the quota. So there is loophole there...sorry if I have just opened up a can of worms.

Comment

please do share if there is a better system to categorized them.

however do note that suggestions are welcomed but not all suggestions will be implemented as there might be other concerns.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

no system is perfect.

By the way I know of some real non-advertising dealers trying to avoid being moved to the private dealers garage by using multiple nicks to prevent hitting the quota. So there is loophole there...sorry if I have just opened up a can of worms.

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  please do share if there is a better system to categorized them.

however do note that suggestions are welcomed but not all suggestions will be implemented as there might be other concerns.
                  Fully understood, sir.

no system is perfect.
                  Yes agree no system is perfect. If you had listened to me and set a rule to disallow multiple nicks, there would be less such issue. Yes, practically it is still not possible to stop people from having multiple nicks, but it would have the deterrence effect and people who want to use the forum long term would think twice about flouting the rule. Basically people can get around all the restriction/quota set per sale forum with multiple nicks...so please reconsider.
                  Last edited by pegasi; 21-02-13, 03:20 PM.

Comment

setting the rule is easy, enforcing is the tough part.

how do you propose to validate that nicks are not owned by the same person?

many members or outside the moderators/administrators are not aware what are the work that goes behind the scene. what members don't see does not mean it is not happening. take for example handling spammers and their threads/posts.

do note that the administrator/moderators have a full time job as well.

will you like to come on board and help to enforce that users do not create multiple nicks?

Yes agree no system is perfect. If you had listened to me and set a rule to disallow multiple nicks, there would be less such issue. Yes, practically it is still not possible to stop people from having multiple nicks, but it would have the deterrence effect and people who want to use the forum long term would think twice about flouting the rule. Basically people can get around all the restriction/quota set per sale forum with multiple nicks...so please reconsider.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

pegasi...pegasi...pegasi...pegasi...pegasi.....mod erator..pegasi...moderator..pegasi.....moderator
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think it will be good if Mr Pegasi to be on board...he seem to have many ideas on how to improve the forum in a productive way.

I am sure he can handle the duty of preventing and monitoring Clones and multiple nicks task very well...
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

setting the rule is easy, enforcing is the tough part.

how do you propose to validate that nicks are not owned by the same person?

many members or outside the moderators/administrators are not aware what are the work that goes behind the scene. what members don't see does not mean it is not happening. take for example handling spammers and their threads/posts.

do note that the administrator/moderators have a full time job as well.

will you like to come on board and help to enforce that users do not create multiple nicks?

When I first brought up this matter of multiple nicks in an earlier thread not so long ago, I already admitted that it would be difficult to enforce such a rule. And then I said again in this thread that it is practically impossible to stop people from doing so.

Will I like to come on board and help to enforce that users do not create multiple nicks? There is a problem with the structure of this sentence. Enforce a rule is not the same as prevent a rule from being broken. Can the police in any country totally prevent theft? No, but that doesn't mean there isn't a point to have a rule to deter theft.

Will we ever know if someone has multiple nicks? Sometimes we do, most of the time we don't. In the case where an active regular seller or a real dealer use multiple nicks, it could be quite easily exposed unless he use multiple phone nos to contact with the eventual buyer and send different people to deal with the buyer. I have more than one experience with seller who was the same person I had dealt with before under a different nick. But since the rule says there is nothing wrong with that, I have no reason to expose them. And psychologically people hesitate and think twice before flouting a rule for fear of being exposed/shamed/punished. There is a difference, I can tell you.

In my opinion, a forum like this should promote openess and sincerity. And to me, one identity per single human being, is the minimun requirement to achieve that.

I fullly appreciate what the admin/mods are doing to maintain this wonderful forum on voluntary basis on top of their full-time job. Which is why I am not suggesting to validate the nicks, but simply adding and broadcasting the rule should keep the rate of multiple nicks down.

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            I think it will be good if Mr Pegasi to be on board...he seem to have many ideas on how to improve the forum in a productive way.

I am sure he can handle the duty of preventing and monitoring Clones and multiple nicks task very well...
                            Mr. feilong, your invitation sounds more like a challenge

If my suggestion always kena rejected by boss, then it's not fun.

Comment

Mr Pegasi...I do not challenge....i merely like the thought of having another chap to join our jolly team of Moderators.

Sometimes it is easy to talk but hard to walk the talk....Hahahaha
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X