Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having 1 too many sales threads? (of similar watches)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having 1 too many sales threads? (of similar watches)

Hi, I come to this forum as it has many honest and good people (and sellers) who come together to discuss and trade watches.

However, it has come to my attention that sometimes there can be many sales threads of similar watches. I was hoping that perhaps, they can be complied into several threads instead of blasting all at once. I'm not saying that the watches are bad or anything, its just that it might not be fair to other sellers who really have many different offerings. I don't know, perhaps I just feel that one shouldn't have so many threads, till it seems like this is a personal "shop" front (also more meaningful titles should be given so we can differentiate items heehee)

I know that this forum is a public place where anyone can post anything but perhaps we could be alittle considerate.

just a thought
    fallraen
    "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Are you talking more about similar watches OR similar seller?

For the latter, Yes I agree to a certain extend that there can be an excessive number of thread by the same seller at times.
    I understand that the mod team discussed on this and I think agreed that if a seller have an X number of sales thread at any one time, they would be considered as a dealer etc. and would be moved to another thread.

BUt many atimes, its hard for the mod team to enforce this as there are too many things to moderate at times (especially when there was a period, this forum was under spam attack).

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

you are right, seller. my apologies. i guess you might be right, it can be quite hard moderating the forums...
      fallraen
      "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Hi Fallraen

Maybe u can PM me the details so we can see how to make it a fairer place... i do understand that there are indeed some sellers 'spamming' in the garage...
        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

?? No need to apologise lah...

Not difficult to moderate but rather they may have overlook it at times. I for one know for sure that they too are aware of this situation and are looking at it. Maybe you can suggest to Louisoh your idea of how these can be better managed? (I know he for one is all ears always!!!)
          Originally posted by fallraen View Post
          you are right, seller. my apologies. i guess you might be right, it can be quite hard moderating the forums...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

there is a new rule in place where any seller who has more than 3 threads is classifed as a private dealer. also each thread can ONLY contain 1 item. that is why you may have noticed that those threads with more than 2 items in it are closed.

also the mod team is currently cleaning up the sales forum so that those threads that are 'dead' will be deleted. this would mean that any thread not being updated for more than 4 weeks despite the seller being active in forum, will be closed and the seller being banned.

this is to instil some responsibilties in the seller so that the seller does not post and forget about the items posted. each seller is also required to update its thread status in due time. a seller may only be able to update the threads once per day rather than some sellers updating their threads more than once per day. this is done to make all sellers have a fair share of time being in the first couple of pages.

if you are referring to say 1 thread for submariner with date with different users, it is not feasible because there will be many repeated posts and it is to messy to look through the entire thread. buyers should make use of the search function to display sales items.

first type in key words such as rolex , submariner
            then select if the words to be in thread title of subject.
            then select in which section to look for those words.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

ahh.... i see. I alright, i understand how this works now.

*Disclaimer* i don't mean to target anyone or any product at all (no offence, just want to be clear about this hehe).

But at the private dealer section, I see alot of Marina Militare 8th batch, 9th batch, PVD, Look-a-like etc etc... and alot of them are of different design. I understand that you have to be 1 product per thread but the thing is, the name is still "Marina Militare"... its kinda confusing also. For example when I see something I like I forgot which one it is and I have to open many tabs to find 1 product.

Perhaps its not a issue of having too many sales threads but more of too much same name and a item number or a sales code to distinguish can be used to avoid such confusion (or makes the place looks kinda unorganized)

I hope I did not make a mountain out of a mole hill already ooops. I should have maybe pm the seller this suggestion.

thanks to the mods who are looking at my thread anyway.
              fallraen

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X