New scam by paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scam by paypal

Dear all watch lover, just to share recently I had came across, a online scam.
    I have recently post to sell my rolex datejust in sg roc. A few days later a person sms on phone saying that he is interested in dealing with my watch, but he claimed that he is from msia, and he can only do the transaction through paypal.
    However after we have agree on the price through email, he requested me to go click on my PayPal account of the request money option to send a invoice to him.
    And later part of the day the conman will reply through my mail saying that he had already send out the money to my PayPal account, and the most amazing part is he manage to generate a paypal email Saying that the buyer had completed the transfer of money to my PayPal account and the status Will be on pending till I have ship over the item and reply them with the shipment tracking number.
    I got nearly con by the conman, and lucky I have call and verify with PayPal and PayPal reply me that they don't work that way. So ladies and gentlemen of sg roc, please beware of dealing your item with oversea buyer, as nowdays the tactics of scam is getting more and more creativity.

Thanks for sharing and it's fortunate that you were alert and manage to stop the scam. But I think the title could be rephrased as it seems to imply that PayPal is trying to scam us.
    elusive

Comment

As a Paypal user for more than 10 years, despite whatever email I received from Paypal or Buyer, I will still log on to check whether there is really payment in my account. No payment, no shipment.

And yes Paypal will never do escrow service like thingy.

Last time when we buy stuff online we also used Western Union.... those were the notorious days for scammers. I still remember that the most common rule of thumb is to never send payment to Russia. No offence to any Russian bro here....

Comment

Yeah, especially "e-money".

It's always the best to log in Paypal account personally to verify, not even email links from "PayPal" which may be a fake website done up.

Always make sure to go into Paypal and see the transaction, and add the tracking number once you ship it out in case of dispute from not receiving item.

Comment

this is not a new scam, not only via paypal, also via other means of money transfer.
          there was the same scam in a buy/sell bag forum, someone responded to a sell bag listing of mine, saying he is in the US and wants to buy the bag for his wife in Malaysia. Just immediately say he wants to buy the bag, didn't even ask for pictures or try to neg. on the price which already raise red flags.

emailed me a copy of citibank US money wire to prove that he already sent the money and i get a email from the bank to provide confirmation on shipping of item and they will clear the money. Seriously no bank or money transfer service works in that way. why should they be bothered to only release payment when their client receives an item.
          Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

I'm a frequent PayPal user. Thanks for sharing this!

Comment

reference to this thread, which was started last year.

similar modus operandi.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thank for sharing just wan to check the Malaysian men isit never ask for nego n picture for watch at all, today I just receive a Malaysia miss call two time from a Malaysia men he told me Henham pay full cash my watch but my watch is on hold it now...I find that so weird he never even ask my watch condition at all and photo for the watch at all just say meet me n cash deal...I feel weird and just reject him my watch have been on hold now....Just wan have some reply here itis a scam??

Comment

thank for sharing

Comment

thank for sharing

Comment

thanks for sharing . hmm seems quite creative though

Comment

Received an offer from a buyer some time ago. He/she decided to play it cool for some time then came back to me again yesterday. Received a paypal email stating that I need to provide shipping number before payment can be released. The e-mail was with some minor errors, like no space between brackets and year of the copyright is wrong. I think as sellers we can look at such tell-tale signs or even give the agency a call directly.

Comment

For sharing...

I received a Message from a man saying his name is Paul, saying that he wanted to buy a Rolex watch for his son birthday and willing to pay for freight charges. However, he is in off-shore, and wanted to pay via PayPal.

I smell a rat.
                          I was thinking, why not he TT money to his son to buy anything he wish for instead.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X