Serivce Experience with THG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serivce Experience with THG

Hi, anyone here ever dealt with THG with regards to their SINN watches for aftersales problems or servicing? How's their service level? any comments?

I think there are few threads which is relevant to your queries. Search.

I recalled one or two threads created by one of the members "terrenceterrence" or something.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Have just sent in my sinn u1 for repair at THG probably 5mths back. Took them exactly 3mths to repair which they told me beforehand the timeframe. problem with the watch is that it just went dead =\. watch is under warranty so its free. pretty satisfied except the long waiting time. hope it helps.

Comment

i am glad u had a "decent" experience with THG. For me my experience with them so far has been disappointing.

In my case, they were slow to respond to my queries, refused to take ownership of my watch's problem and ultimately I had to seek assistance from SINN Germany and they are in the process of (Hopefully) solving my problem.

So i will NEVER buy another SINN watch from THG ever again though i might buy used or from overseas, in fact after this experience i am hesitant to fork out thousands of dollars for a brand that has no proper support or service centre here in Singapore.

Comment

Just to share. Mine wasn't a sin but a glycine. This was late last year when they were still the agent/ ad for glycine. Bought a golden eye from them. The crown came apart. Detached after 3 days. Brought it in. They took a whole moth to fix it. They said their watchmakers were all away. What utter rubbish. After hey lost the agency/ dealership officially 2 months later, same problem occurred. I brought it to the new agent dksh myself. Took them less then a week to fix it. And there was only one watch maker there .
          I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
          http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Personally, I find that THG has no sense of urgency when it comes to dealing with customer enquiries. Typical response time to mails is several days. Typical repair time is several weeks to a month. I find this unacceptable and have thus stopped purchasing from them. No hard feelings. If their service improves one day and they carry a brand I want I'll buy again. It's a consumer's market right?

Comment

How come buy luxury watches must sent to retailer to repair? The service centre refuses to entertain walk in repair request?

Originally posted by Stoned View Post
              Personally, I find that THG has no sense of urgency when it comes to dealing with customer enquiries. Typical response time to mails is several days. Typical repair time is several weeks to a month. I find this unacceptable and have thus stopped purchasing from them. No hard feelings. If their service improves one day and they carry a brand I want I'll buy again. It's a consumer's market right?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwitan View Post
                How come buy luxury watches must sent to retailer to repair? The service centre refuses to entertain walk in repair request?
                Reasons could be varied. Some do it out of convenience. But for me, I usually send back to ad if the watch has problems within the first month of purchase.

Comment

Sometime back I wanted to get a second Sinn. They didn't have the model I want in stock because I wanted a specific model with German language day wheel. They ordered one for me (without me paying a deposit). They shipped the watch to Singapore within two weeks. So far I think that the service I got had been excellent.

This is what I recommend to all people. Try to find a sales person (who is fairly senior and not likely to quit soon) to assist you. Cultivate a relationship with that sales person. Thereafter, that person will take ownership of your problems and queries. In this way, you get better service and your issues will be treated expediently.

Comment

Originally posted by zquek View Post
                    Sometime back I wanted to get a second Sinn. They didn't have the model I want in stock because I wanted a specific model with German language day wheel. They ordered one for me (without me paying a deposit). They shipped the watch to Singapore within two weeks. So far I think that the service I got had been excellent.

This is what I recommend to all people. Try to find a sales person (who is fairly senior and not likely to quit soon) to assist you. Cultivate a relationship with that sales person. Thereafter, that person will take ownership of your problems and queries. In this way, you get better service and your issues will be treated expediently.
                    I believe this thread is about AFTERSALES service not about sales service.

Comment

Originally posted by zquek View Post

totally agreed with your advise.... this is what I do too... haha

Comment

Sinn after sales from THG is immensely terrible. Had problems, miscommunications, and delays with all my Sinns when I went through them. Worst case was my U1000 which spent almost half a year laid up. Handed over dunno how many different salespersons who don't know the history of the repair and I have to repeat same story every single time. Eventually the watch Came back with a different case number which they didn't even realize and when I brought the watch in again they claimed I (yes…me.) must have made a mistake - insinuating i changed the watch case or some crap. They 'tried' to communicate with Sinn germany but it was excuse after excuse and delay after delay until I decided to contact Germany myself and lo and behold I got a response within a day stating that Sinn themselves changed my case and had informed THG.

Of course I should have done my part in checking myself when I received the watch but overlooked it. However, This obviously meant that THG did not even bother to match the watch they sent out with the watch they received and had the cheek to claim a thorough process of checks and balances and that i was bringing ANOTHER watch to them instead.

I travel so I get my Sinn overseas. And I have friends in Germany who help me settle / post for me if there is need for repair / servicing. Recently also found some local shops can service the simple Sinns or those with our Argon cases so thats a good thing… but yeah… totally given up on THG after many years and spending waaaay too much cash on their crappy after sales service.

There's nothing I need from THG that I can't get from any other watch shop in Singapore.

Comment

To share my recent crappy service experience with THG...I purchased my U2 from THG at a IMO high mark up compared to online dealers, i was paying extra for the peace of mind of having the option of a service centre right here in Singapore for my watch in case it needed any repairs, regulation etc.

In the short 2 months that i've owned this watch i have had to approach THG twice for assistance:
                          1. The stainless steel end-link of my bracelet was faulty and extremely loose; went down to THG hoping that they can assist in resolving this issue; all they did was tell me, sorry, there is nothing they can do why don't i contact Sinn direct. Cut a long story short, Sinn Germany CS is outstanding and they quickly took care of the problem. If the attitude of THG is so "bo chup" then why the hell did i pay a premium to purchase my watch from them??

2. One of the spring bars that was supplied with the stock rubber bracelet got bent and i was told to go down to any THG branch, preferably the one i bought the watch from and they will take care of it. I offered to pay them for a new set of Sinn spring bars since i was advised by Sinn CS that the spring bars for the steel bracelet is not compatible with the spring bars from the rubber strap (difference in length and perhaps thickness i believe) but THG said no worries just bring it down. I dropped by the Taka branch and they replaced the spring bars and reattached my rubber strap for me in the back. Being in a hurry i did not look closely. However upon reaching home i discovered that without first telling me they had slapped on a pair of non Sinn spring bars that were TOO SHORT so the tips (which are also too slim) were hardly in the lug holes and wiggling around too much, meaning they might damage my lug holes or pop off and i can kiss my watch good-bye when it kisses the pavement. Upon closer inspection, one of the spring bars was defective, the spring mechanism had already failed??!! This is irresponsible and totally bo chup...if they do not have the correct or even working spring bars in this case, just say so and i can either go to their service centre or wait while they order a pair for me and paying for it is also fine with me...

So to summarize, i will NEVER EVER buy another Sinn or any other watch from THG and will NEVER EVER recommend any friends to do so.

And i've shot an email complaint about THG to SINN Germany, no idea if this will accomplish anything, but THG needs to wake up their f++&ing ideas....

Guess the morale of the story is, don't buy any brands that do not have their own service centre in Singapore...

Comment

The master technician there for dksh is James Tay and he is good.

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
                            Just to share. Mine wasn't a sin but a glycine. This was late last year when they were still the agent/ ad for glycine. Bought a golden eye from them. The crown came apart. Detached after 3 days. Brought it in. They took a whole moth to fix it. They said their watchmakers were all away. What utter rubbish. After hey lost the agency/ dealership officially 2 months later, same problem occurred. I brought it to the new agent dksh myself. Took them less then a week to fix it. And there was only one watch maker there .

Comment

Hi all, it looks like from most of the posts in this thread that reaction to THG's service for Sinn is largely undesirable. My experience is somewhat similar to the bros here. I sent in my sinn to THG because it was running 3-4 minutes fast a day. when i got it back 3 weeks later i found a scratch on the crystal. when i questioned the sales people they tried rubbing the crystal for 10mins before acknowledging it was a scratch but of course they tried to push the blame to me. I demanded that they send the watch back in for a crystal replacement because there was no scratch on it when i sent it in. they couldnt find any indication of a scratch in the pre-servicing document (a document they take down any damage on the watch, scratches etc before sending the watch in - the customer will have a copy as well).

fast forward another 3 weeks i got the watch back. all seems fine. then next day i inspected the watch closely and realised that there was a green ring on the side of the watch where its supposed to be closed (dont have any pictures). I suspected they didnt close the watch caseback properly. the salespeople once again apologised and they said that the technicians didn't close the case back properly - had to take it in again. took another 2 weeks for them to close the case back. so that's 8 weeks in total for something rather insignificant (initially, the watch was magetised).. and now the timekeeping in the watch is not excellent.. anything between 4-10secondsfast a day. But i'm very reluctant to send it back to them for fear of further damage.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X