• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found the photo

Comment

Originally posted by definitelydan View Post
      found the photo

Wow okay and their service technician can miss that very obvious problem and return the watch to you...

Comment

Thus far my experience with THG has been good. I agree with another bro that mentioned that it does help to have a regular sales consultant who knows the ropes well. I have stuck to the same sales consultant for years and I never had any problems when sending my watches in.

Comment

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
          Thus far my experience with THG has been good. I agree with another bro that mentioned that it does help to have a regular sales consultant who knows the ropes well. I have stuck to the same sales consultant for years and I never had any problems when sending my watches in.
          Sadly not everyone buys many watches over the years and seriously service should not be based on personal relationships with sales staff or service staff. Service should be delivered in a professional and meticulous manner regardless of personal feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Balzebub View Post
            Sadly not everyone buys many watches over the years and seriously service should not be based on personal relationships with sales staff or service staff. Service should be delivered in a professional and meticulous manner regardless of personal feelings.
            well. i've gone back to this sales consultant before. guess the problem lies at the service end, since they have little control after the watches leave the boutique

Comment

is your sinn ezm bought from THG?

if it is not, then THG will advise you on the cost accordingly. if they did not, you may like to request them to advise you on the cost if any
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I'm quite surprised to hear the bad experience by fellow forumners. I have recently sent my Sinn for servicing/repairs because the date wheel change is very late (i.e. 5 am in the morning). They told me that the repair will take about 2.5 months because of lack of parts but will be free of charge. I have been waiting for more than 1 month already. I will update everyone once I got it back.

Comment

Guess no one beats my experience of EZM1 being service for more than a year. I got a brand new bracelet as good will.

Comment

It's me and i am back with another rant about THG. This time i am really really upset and CASE has advised that i should lodge a formal complaint with them blah blah.
                    I purchased new SINN UX from them in Jan 2014 just before CNY. Service of course during the buying stage was decent. However when packing up my UX, i noticed that the COSC certificate was missing, so i asked the sales rep and she assured me "NO no, what COSC certificate, this watch doesn't come with one" So i asked "You absolutely sure about that?" "Yes" was the answer i got and as it was already late i left it at that. However i found out from my regular sales guy at THG that there SHOULD BE a COSC certificate with every UX sold. So fast forward a week later, they found my COSC certificate and i had to make a trip down to their HQ to pick it up. Strike 1 for poor service and bad attitude. In the interest of good service and as a apology i was expecting them to local courier the certificate to my office.

Worse was to follow as i found that the COSC certificate was dated 2007 which means THG just sold me a 6 year old UX without informing me that it's actually new old stock...that to me is strike 2..dishonest...

But nevermind, since it came with 3 year warranty, i was willing to accept that i just spent money on a 6 year old watch...however, friends, colleagues soon commented that hey how come your watch hands are yellowish-beige in color while your dial markers are snow white, is that by design? Oops it seems that due to the watch sitting in their stock room for years, the watch hands had already discolored. I contacted SINN with pictures and they said, yes it's a clear case of hands discoloration, can you please send the watch back to Germany so that we can fix it under warranty. I was advised i can either send it back myself or use their AD here in Singapore - THG. Sadly i chose to try THG.

I went to their boutique and the manager told me, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with my UX, looks normal to him, basically they refused to do anything until i showed him the email from SINN customer service; only then did they take my UX and issue me with a service repair no. That's strike 3 for THG...trying to shirk responsibility with the everything is normal line...

Fast forward 2 months plus, I received no updates from THG regarding the status of my UX, has it reached SINN Germany safely? What work will be done on it? How long will it take? No call, no email, nothing. So i called them, and after taking down my repair no. the guy said nope, the watch is not ready for collection and as to what SINN is going to do and how long it will take he will need to check and get back to me. I wait for a week and no calls from THG so i email SINN and to my horror their response was WE DO NOT HAVE ANY RECORD OF YOUR THG REPAIR NUMBER, NOR IS YOUR WATCH WITH SERIAL NUMBER XXXXX CURRENTLY IN OUR WORKSHOP UNDERGOING ANY SERVICE PROCESS, PLEASE QUICKLY FIND OUT FROM THG WHAT HAS HAPPENED?" Strike 4 for THG...2 months plus and my UX is MIA....

So i call THG and ask what is the status of my UX. They try to throw some smoke my way by telling me that oh after their workshop here had accessed the watch they decided that it needs to be sent back to Germany for repair, but had not done so YET. This is obviously a lie as it is already stated on my repair form that WATCH TO BE SENT BACK TO FACTORY" and as every collector knows, the UX can ONLY BE REPAIRED AND SERVICED BY SINN as it is oil filled, hell even a battery change needs to be done by SINN. So what assessment was the local THG guys doing for 2 months??!! Strike 5 for them..Lies and more lies..

So believe it or not, this is my service experience with them so far. For the love of god and all that is good in this world. DO NOT BUY ANY WATCH FROM THG THAT REQUIRES ANY KIND OF AFTER SALES SUPPORT FROM THEM!!! ONLY BUY BRANDS FROM THEM THAT HAS THEIR OWN BRAND SERVICE CENTRE HERE IN SG. And if i ever buy any watch from THG EVER AGAIN, please kick me!

END OF RANT.

Comment

care to share which outlet?

Comment

Originally posted by P1723 View Post
                        care to share which outlet?
                        You mean which outlet I dropped my UX off at? The Takashimaya outlet. Anyway still no call or explanation from THG...only the sales guy and he claims to be unable to contact anyone higher up the food chain. I believe they either misplaced my watch or forgot all about it for the past 2 months. It will be amusing to eventually hear what "management" has to say? Anyone has got the number or email of their management level staff?

Comment

It's me and i am back with another rant about THG. This time i am really really upset and CASE has advised that i should lodge a formal complaint with them blah blah.
                          I purchased new SINN UX from them in Jan 2014 just before CNY. Service of course during the buying stage was decent. However when packing up my UX, i noticed that the COSC certificate was missing, so i asked the sales rep and she assured me "NO no, what COSC certificate, this watch doesn't come with one" So i asked "You absolutely sure about that?" "Yes" was the answer i got and as it was already late i left it at that. However i found out from my regular sales guy at THG that there SHOULD BE a COSC certificate with every UX sold. So fast forward a week later, they found my COSC certificate and i had to make a trip down to their HQ to pick it up. Strike 1 for poor service and bad attitude. In the interest of good service and as a apology i was expecting them to local courier the certificate to my office.

Worse was to follow as i found that the COSC certificate was dated 2007 which means THG just sold me a 6 year old UX without informing me that it's actually new old stock...that to me is strike 2..dishonest...

But nevermind, since it came with 3 year warranty, i was willing to accept that i just spent money on a 6 year old watch...however, friends, colleagues soon commented that hey how come your watch hands are yellowish-beige in color while your dial markers are snow white, is that by design? Oops it seems that due to the watch sitting in their stock room for years, the watch hands had already discolored. I contacted SINN with pictures and they said, yes it's a clear case of hands discoloration, can you please send the watch back to Germany so that we can fix it under warranty. I was advised i can either send it back myself or use their AD here in Singapore - THG. Sadly i chose to try THG.

I went to their boutique and the manager told me, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with my UX, looks normal to him, basically they refused to do anything until i showed him the email from SINN customer service; only then did they take my UX and issue me with a service repair no. That's strike 3 for THG...trying to shirk responsibility with the everything is normal line...

Fast forward 2 months plus, I received no updates from THG regarding the status of my UX, has it reached SINN Germany safely? What work will be done on it? How long will it take? No call, no email, nothing. So i called them, and after taking down my repair no. the guy said nope, the watch is not ready for collection and as to what SINN is going to do and how long it will take he will need to check and get back to me. I wait for a week and no calls from THG so i email SINN and to my horror their response was WE DO NOT HAVE ANY RECORD OF YOUR THG REPAIR NUMBER, NOR IS YOUR WATCH WITH SERIAL NUMBER XXXXX CURRENTLY IN OUR WORKSHOP UNDERGOING ANY SERVICE PROCESS, PLEASE QUICKLY FIND OUT FROM THG WHAT HAS HAPPENED?" Strike 4 for THG...2 months plus and my UX is MIA....

So i call THG and ask what is the status of my UX. They try to throw some smoke my way by telling me that oh after their workshop here had accessed the watch they decided that it needs to be sent back to Germany for repair, but had not done so YET. This is obviously a lie as it is already stated on my repair form that WATCH TO BE SENT BACK TO FACTORY" and as every collector knows, the UX can ONLY BE REPAIRED AND SERVICED BY SINN as it is oil filled, hell even a battery change needs to be done by SINN. So what assessment was the local THG guys doing for 2 months??!! Strike 5 for them..Lies and more lies..

So believe it or not, this is my service experience with them so far. For the love of god and all that is good in this world. DO NOT BUY ANY WATCH FROM THG THAT REQUIRES ANY KIND OF AFTER SALES SUPPORT FROM THEM!!! ONLY BUY BRANDS FROM THEM THAT HAS THEIR OWN BRAND SERVICE CENTRE HERE IN SG. And if i ever buy any watch from THG EVER AGAIN, please kick me!

END OF RANT.
                          didn't expect this to come from THG, really disappointed to hear that. thanks for sharing so that we can all take note to avoid at all costs.
                          elusive

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                            didn't expect this to come from THG, really disappointed to hear that. thanks for sharing so that we can all take note to avoid at all costs.
                            Update: No calls from THG this morning when they promised they would call to explain what happened blah blah. I've submitted a complaint with CASE, not sure what they can do. The officer feels i have a case to fight. All i am asking for now is a refund or a replacement from THG since my watch has been sitting in their shop since Feb till now when it should already have been serviced/repaired by SINN Germany as per SINN's instructions.
                            Arghh, great customer service from SINN, it's THG that totally drops the ball!!

Comment

Update: No calls from THG this morning when they promised they would call to explain what happened blah blah. I've submitted a complaint with CASE, not sure what they can do. The officer feels i have a case to fight. All i am asking for now is a refund or a replacement from THG since my watch has been sitting in their shop since Feb till now when it should already have been serviced/repaired by SINN Germany as per SINN's instructions.
                              Arghh, great customer service from SINN, it's THG that totally drops the ball!!
                              Omg. The feeling really sucks big time.

Didn't expect this from THG...
                              but I think all industries are the same...all smilely and whatever quick promises just to make a quick sales and getting that fat commission at the end of the day.

When things happened, the true service standard will rise to the challenge.
                              And most of times are rather disappointing.
                              Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                              Tag Heuer Formula 1
                              Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                              Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                              Rolex GMT II 16710
                              Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

my goodness....this is the first time I heard about THG. I hope you get a new watch!
                                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                                Audemars Piguet ROO
                                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                                Panerai 270
                                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                                Rolex 116610LV