Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horrible Watch Service Quality From IWC Singapore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Warao.. reading all the posts here made me sweat... just when i am taking a serious look at the Portuguese & Big Pilot.......

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      PAM service?! Ifor you.....

      I've a long (scary) story to share but better keep it for another day.

      Good luck with Richemont!
      Really? Oh no...

      Comment


      • #18
        hello!

        Hi all!

        I purchased the limited edition IWC 3786 Pilot Ceramic Double Chronograph a few months back.

        Of course, IWC gave me a very nice, memorable souvenir. Another horror story to reflect their incompetence!

        I acquired that beautiful piece and sent it in for a complete overhaul. Same to ION Orchard Boutique. I requested for brand new crystal, titanium pushers, and crown.

        When the watch came back to the boutique for collection, service staff found a SCRATCH ON MY BRAND NEW CRYSTAL. WHAT THE HECK? It pisses me off just thinking about it now.

        DO WATCHMAKERS NOT CHECK?
        DO THEY NOT GIVE A VISUAL INSPECTION BEFORE WATCH LEAVES THE SHOP?
        IS IWC QUALITY SIMILAR TO THE LIKES OF FOSSIL AND GUESS AND FLIK FLAK WATCHES AND P.O.S knockoffs from Chatuchak Market? I THINK SO!

        I told sales staff to rectify that issue and not waste my time. It came back as expected, and I have been enjoying it since.

        The sad thing was that I was just about to buy the Top Gun Perpetual Calendar. If IWC Watchmakers are not skilled enough to change a crystal, I highly doubt they are capable enough to service the 7 day perpetual movement.

        That being said, however, Shout-out to Andrew from IWC Ion-SG boutique for taking care of me during those painful days of servicing the 3786.

        Also, GONG XI FA CAI to all!

        Comment


        • #19
          ah.

          makes me think twice now.

          Originally posted by Watchlover1981 View Post
          Hi all!

          I purchased the limited edition IWC 3786 Pilot Ceramic Double Chronograph a few months back.

          Of course, IWC gave me a very nice, memorable souvenir. Another horror story to reflect their incompetence!

          I acquired that beautiful piece and sent it in for a complete overhaul. Same to ION Orchard Boutique. I requested for brand new crystal, titanium pushers, and crown.

          When the watch came back to the boutique for collection, service staff found a SCRATCH ON MY BRAND NEW CRYSTAL. WHAT THE HECK? It pisses me off just thinking about it now.

          DO WATCHMAKERS NOT CHECK?
          DO THEY NOT GIVE A VISUAL INSPECTION BEFORE WATCH LEAVES THE SHOP?
          IS IWC QUALITY SIMILAR TO THE LIKES OF FOSSIL AND GUESS AND FLIK FLAK WATCHES AND P.O.S knockoffs from Chatuchak Market? I THINK SO!

          I told sales staff to rectify that issue and not waste my time. It came back as expected, and I have been enjoying it since.

          The sad thing was that I was just about to buy the Top Gun Perpetual Calendar. If IWC Watchmakers are not skilled enough to change a crystal, I highly doubt they are capable enough to service the 7 day perpetual movement.

          That being said, however, Shout-out to Andrew from IWC Ion-SG boutique for taking care of me during those painful days of servicing the 3786.

          Also, GONG XI FA CAI to all!
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

          i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

          kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do


          if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

          your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

          disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

          Comment


          • #20
            not cool at all. feels bad man..

            Comment


            • #21
              Oh dear

              Read here recently, a 'PAM story'; now it's the IWC. Are they in the same group "Richemont"?
              The Crown Of Achievement

              Comment


              • #22
                Seeing the stories posted here scared me to get a preloved IWC. Thot of getting an Ingenuiur Chrono and send for overhaul. Now better dont touch. Also i read some where IWC 7 days movement is not a very reliable/durable movement, need servicing regularly, even saw some stories about rotor came off fr the movement....

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Watchlover1981 View Post
                  Hi all,

                  Just sharing my recent experiences with IWC Watch Service Department.

                  In 2014, I bought my first IWC Top Gun Doppelchrono, pre-loved. Sent in to IWC for FULL servicing. Watch had to go back to Schaffhausen. Came back, discovered lint under crystal. Sent it back, they fixed it. For a watch of IWC's standing, how could this be possible? A 5-figure watch with a 4-figure service fee should not see such sloppy standards.

                  In 2015, to my regret, I sold off my TG Doppelchrono.

                  In 2016, I missed the TG Doppelchrono and rebought my second one, pre-loved. Sent it in to IWC for FULL servicing.

                  That is when my pain began.

                  First instance - Watch came back with multiple mid-sized white specks and dust underneath crystal. Sent it back in to fix, came back alright.

                  Second instance - After wearing watch for 3 days, 10 o'clock pusher suddenly died. Doppelchrono complication refused to function. Sent it back to IWC. According to sales staff, Service Department "forgot to service my Doppelchrono complication." What the..? I thought I sent it in for FULL SERVICE? Asked for explanation, Service Department just told me they were notified of the problems and rectified the issues. No explanation of how they could have allowed dust in (never check?) and how they missed servicing such a key part of the movement. Watch fixed and returned to IWC boutique for my collection.

                  Third instance - Before I collected watch, Sales staff informed me that upon their inspection, there was visible dust on the black dial of the watch. I told them to send it back to rectify it and not waste my time travelling down to Boutique. Watch came back, I was told the Department Head personally serviced and checked. I collected the watch, and a compensation gift.

                  Now, Fourth instance - Upon closer inspection under direct sunlight, I once again see a dust speck on my dial.

                  At this point, I am too tired to continue travelling down to IWC Boutique to send the watch in. Again.

                  I am done with IWC. Deeply disappointed that an impeccable watch brand and pedigree of IWC, could allow such blemishes to leave their watch workshop.

                  Anyway, just sharing my 2.5 month struggle with them.

                  Now I got to search for reputable third party watch repair shops to clean my dial for me....

                  i too have issues with Richemont Service Centre in Singapore. My suggestion is to go to a third party repair facility to have it serviced in the future .

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Bad watch or bad service

                    I too have bad experience with Tag Heuer. Sigh...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'm actually thinking of sending in the portuguese 7 days for servicing because it is running around +10 to 15 seconds faster each day.. watch purchased for 1.5 years, still under warranty.. should I send it in or it should be considered acceptable and I shouldn't take the risk to make things worse?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by inzaghi09 View Post
                        I'm actually thinking of sending in the portuguese 7 days for servicing because it is running around +10 to 15 seconds faster each day.. watch purchased for 1.5 years, still under warranty.. should I send it in or it should be considered acceptable and I shouldn't take the risk to make things worse?
                        For an IWC in-house movement, I think it is a little off. Even some of my mass produced ETA movement watches have better accuracy than that. For such a new watch, it is definitely better to get it checked. And I don't think you have much of a choice but to go to Richemont because it is an in-house IWC movement and the watch is still under warranty.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

                          For an IWC in-house movement, I think it is a little off. Even some of my mass produced ETA movement watches have better accuracy than that. For such a new watch, it is definitely better to get it checked. And I don't think you have much of a choice but to go to Richemont because it is an in-house IWC movement and the watch is still under warranty.
                          guess I'll do that and hope for the best .. thanks!

                          Comment

                          Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

                          Collapse

                          Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X