Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Watch Service Quality From IWC Singapore

Hi all,

Just sharing my recent experiences with IWC Watch Service Department.

In 2014, I bought my first IWC Top Gun Doppelchrono, pre-loved. Sent in to IWC for FULL servicing. Watch had to go back to Schaffhausen. Came back, discovered lint under crystal. Sent it back, they fixed it. For a watch of IWC's standing, how could this be possible? A 5-figure watch with a 4-figure service fee should not see such sloppy standards.

In 2015, to my regret, I sold off my TG Doppelchrono.

In 2016, I missed the TG Doppelchrono and rebought my second one, pre-loved. Sent it in to IWC for FULL servicing.

That is when my pain began.

First instance - Watch came back with multiple mid-sized white specks and dust underneath crystal. Sent it back in to fix, came back alright.

Second instance - After wearing watch for 3 days, 10 o'clock pusher suddenly died. Doppelchrono complication refused to function. Sent it back to IWC. According to sales staff, Service Department "forgot to service my Doppelchrono complication." What the..? I thought I sent it in for FULL SERVICE? Asked for explanation, Service Department just told me they were notified of the problems and rectified the issues. No explanation of how they could have allowed dust in (never check?) and how they missed servicing such a key part of the movement. Watch fixed and returned to IWC boutique for my collection.

Third instance - Before I collected watch, Sales staff informed me that upon their inspection, there was visible dust on the black dial of the watch. I told them to send it back to rectify it and not waste my time travelling down to Boutique. Watch came back, I was told the Department Head personally serviced and checked. I collected the watch, and a compensation gift.

Now, Fourth instance - Upon closer inspection under direct sunlight, I once again see a dust speck on my dial.

At this point, I am too tired to continue travelling down to IWC Boutique to send the watch in. Again.

I am done with IWC. Deeply disappointed that an impeccable watch brand and pedigree of IWC, could allow such blemishes to leave their watch workshop.

Anyway, just sharing my 2.5 month struggle with them.

Now I got to search for reputable third party watch repair shops to clean my dial for me....

i feel your frustration. Hope u get over it soon.

I do not think it is IWC that is disappointing.
    It is the standard of watchmaking service at the Richemont service centre in Sgp that is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by redvine View Post
      i feel your frustration. Hope u get over it soon.

I do not think it is IWC that is disappointing.
      It is the standard of watchmaking service at the Richemont service centre in Sgp that is horrible.
      Yes, I should have been more exacting in my words. thanks for pointing it out.

IWC is fine, but the Richemont Service Centre needs to wake up their idea.

Comment

Sorry to learn of this

It's just so coincidental that I have also recently heard from a colleague about Richemont's lack of good service for Panerai. I don't know how the various watch brands conduct checks on their aftersales service providers, but they must recognize that, this is also one of the major factors in their sales figures.

A poor reputation for a brand's aftersales service quality can eradicate consumers' confidence. Well, under this gloomy economic climate, it just gets worse.

TS' incident wasn't the first (negative) I heard about Richemont. There will always be good and bad things you hear of or experience it yourself. But Richemont in particular, less good than bad.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Sorry to learn of this

It's just so coincidental that I have also recently heard from a colleague about Richemont's lack of good service for Panerai. I don't know how the various watch brands conduct checks on their aftersales service providers, but they must recognize that, this is also one of the major factors in their sales figures.

A poor reputation for a brand's aftersales service quality can eradicate consumers' confidence. Well, under this gloomy economic climate, it just gets worse.

TS' incident wasn't the first (negative) I heard about Richemont. There will always be good and bad things you hear of or experience it yourself. But Richemont in particular, less good than bad.
          Thanks for your comments.

I also own a Panerai PAM580, and I have read from the Panerai Forum previously about some forummer's bad experiences too. Makes me dread the day I have to send my Pam in for service.

As for my own case, the IWC sales person became increasingly apologetic and embarrassed about the state of their watch service department. When the watch comes back with Issue A resolved, but now presents me with Issues B and C, it starts to get old very, very fast. One time can forgive. Second time, maybe can still forgive (but with reservation), but third time and beyond, really testing my patience and affecting my confidence.

I now look at both my IWC Doppelchronos and single Panerai with some dread. I love the watches, but the support system that is behind them.....hmmmmm.

Which should really not be the way.

Comment

Can't agree more, I can feel your angst.

See if you can send some feedback to the IWC HQ.

Update us here if you can.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              Can't agree more, I can feel your angst.

See if you can send some feedback to the IWC HQ.

Update us here if you can.
              THanks

I wonder if anybody else had similar experiences with their precious IWC timepieces..

Comment

I experienced where they even attached the strap opposite and yet a staff from MBS keep claim that is the way it should be.

Dude I wore my watch everyday... pretty bad aftersales service

Comment

Originally posted by Watchlover1981 View Post
                  Hi all,

Just sharing my recent experiences with IWC Watch Service Department.

In 2014, I bought my first IWC Top Gun Doppelchrono, pre-loved. Sent in to IWC for FULL servicing. Watch had to go back to Schaffhausen. Came back, discovered lint under crystal. Sent it back, they fixed it. For a watch of IWC's standing, how could this be possible? A 5-figure watch with a 4-figure service fee should not see such sloppy standards.

In 2015, to my regret, I sold off my TG Doppelchrono.

In 2016, I missed the TG Doppelchrono and rebought my second one, pre-loved. Sent it in to IWC for FULL servicing.

That is when my pain began.

First instance - Watch came back with multiple mid-sized white specks and dust underneath crystal. Sent it back in to fix, came back alright.

Second instance - After wearing watch for 3 days, 10 o'clock pusher suddenly died. Doppelchrono complication refused to function. Sent it back to IWC. According to sales staff, Service Department "forgot to service my Doppelchrono complication." What the..? I thought I sent it in for FULL SERVICE? Asked for explanation, Service Department just told me they were notified of the problems and rectified the issues. No explanation of how they could have allowed dust in (never check?) and how they missed servicing such a key part of the movement. Watch fixed and returned to IWC boutique for my collection.

Third instance - Before I collected watch, Sales staff informed me that upon their inspection, there was visible dust on the black dial of the watch. I told them to send it back to rectify it and not waste my time travelling down to Boutique. Watch came back, I was told the Department Head personally serviced and checked. I collected the watch, and a compensation gift.

Now, Fourth instance - Upon closer inspection under direct sunlight, I once again see a dust speck on my dial.

At this point, I am too tired to continue travelling down to IWC Boutique to send the watch in. Again.

I am done with IWC. Deeply disappointed that an impeccable watch brand and pedigree of IWC, could allow such blemishes to leave their watch workshop.

Anyway, just sharing my 2.5 month struggle with them.

Now I got to search for reputable third party watch repair shops to clean my dial for me....
                  wanted to share the same experience . I own a iwc perpetual cal. rose gold . Gave it for servicing as the watch was running very fast . Was charged a 4 sum figure , watch came back after 3 months , collected from MBS botique . Just as a goodwill i bought a brand new leather starp for $400. In days the watch was giving problems , the rotor was kind of making a lot of noise , the watch now was running super fast . During a phase it was gaining 5 mins a day !!! what happened to quality checks , workmanship . went back to submit the watch for repair again in a few day , this time to Ion botique , the person was sympathetic and then took the watch gave me a document and said he will get back , Days passed then weeks , I called them . Was on hold for 10 mins as the lady was unable to locate my Watch
                  got a call back and was asked to collect the watch at anytime my convinience . Went to the botique , saw the watch , the date of my perpetual cal. watch was set a day in Advance !!!! now for those of you who know this super complicated moon phase watch its very difficult to set the date back as everything changes and this has to be done by a technician . Came back empty handed .....again days passed ..finally got a call and hurridly collected my watch ...left and do not intend to look back '

Comment

Complicating movements gives complication issues ! I feel u bro ! Stick to simple and robust calibers then.
                    Parts issue,send overseas,waiting time,poor QC etc do make you boil !Not to mention the high servicing cost ....they should be the one that give you a strap for goodwill not u buy from them bro ! For the trouble ! I had issues with JLC grand complications and IWC complications as well ....gave up ! Now stick to strictly 3 watch brands only.

Comment

Indeed I'm thinking of having some of my vintage IWC (cal 401, cal 89) for service, is IWC Singapore a reliable options, or anyone else in SG can reliably service them?

Comment

Originally posted by amitabh View Post
                        wanted to share the same experience . I own a iwc perpetual cal. rose gold . Gave it for servicing as the watch was running very fast . Was charged a 4 sum figure , watch came back after 3 months , collected from MBS botique . Just as a goodwill i bought a brand new leather starp for $400. In days the watch was giving problems , the rotor was kind of making a lot of noise , the watch now was running super fast . During a phase it was gaining 5 mins a day !!! what happened to quality checks , workmanship . went back to submit the watch for repair again in a few day , this time to Ion botique , the person was sympathetic and then took the watch gave me a document and said he will get back , Days passed then weeks , I called them . Was on hold for 10 mins as the lady was unable to locate my Watch
                        got a call back and was asked to collect the watch at anytime my convinience . Went to the botique , saw the watch , the date of my perpetual cal. watch was set a day in Advance !!!! now for those of you who know this super complicated moon phase watch its very difficult to set the date back as everything changes and this has to be done by a technician . Came back empty handed .....again days passed ..finally got a call and hurridly collected my watch ...left and do not intend to look back '
                        oh man, I feel you. so everything is okay now? any scratches on case, or dust under the dial?

IWC is a good brand, but for me, even the sales guy became increasingly exasperated with the service guys, and kept apologizing to me.

I used to think that there was a certain level of care I could get if i sent the watch back to the manufacturer. that the experience would be enhanced and that they would take care of me and my watch.

turns out this is NOT the case!

Comment

Originally posted by LSL View Post
                          Complicating movements gives complication issues ! I feel u bro ! Stick to simple and robust calibers then.
                          Parts issue,send overseas,waiting time,poor QC etc do make you boil !Not to mention the high servicing cost ....they should be the one that give you a strap for goodwill not u buy from them bro ! For the trouble ! I had issues with JLC grand complications and IWC complications as well ....gave up ! Now stick to strictly 3 watch brands only.
                          People told me that it is not so much IWC, but more of Richemont. I know some people who work in Richemont and also in IWC Singapore, so I tried to feedback to them to get their big bosses or whoever to see to the nonsense that is taking place in their service shop.

One can only hope!

Comment

Also, in addition to my IWCs (I have the TG Doppel and the Steel Doppel), I also have a Pam.

I am SOOOOO looking forward to see how else Richemont is gonna fish up when it comes time to service these watches again.

Not much confidence in them.

Comment

PAM service?! Ifor you.....

I've a long (scary) story to share but better keep it for another day.

Good luck with Richemont!
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X