Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up Close with the Sinn U1000 Chronograph

Sinn U1000 Chrongraph

Here's some press info to share along with some pics of the NEW 1000m U1000 Chronograph by Sinn.

Summary strengths are:
    - Submarine steel
    - 1000m water resistant
    - Chrono pushers can be activated underwater!
    - New locking bezel mechanism
    - 60 minute counter on chrono
    - Copper sulphate dehumidification

Sinn U1000 / U1000 S (EZM 6)

The superlative diver’s chronograph
    When talking about watch models due to hit the market during the course of this year, industry insiders and the public alike are sure to be mentioning the U1000 from Sinn Spezialuhren in Frankfurt am Main. This diver’s chronograph boasts a host of special functions and technologically advanced features that other manufacturers would struggle to match – a “superlative” diver’s chronograph, you might say.

Optimised chronograph display
    “In terms of the technical details, as with our other watches, we’ve left nothing to chance in the U1000. Even the most minor detail has been the subject of painstaking attention”, explains Lothar Schmidt, owner of SINN Spezialuhren. The heart of the U1000, for example, employs Sinn’s Caliber SZ 02 design. Developed and manufactured by SINN as a modification to the traditional chronograph display, this design incorporates a 60-minute register at 6 o’clock – rather than the 30-minute register, that you would typically find on other watches. The practical construction offers a compelling advantage: with the support of the hour counter at 12 o’clock, hours, minutes and seconds stopped by the chronograph can be read immediately, without the need to perform inconvenient calculations.

Faultless operation, even when diving at 1,000 meters (100 bars)
    In terms of usability of the chronograph function, SINN has once more set innovative new benchmarks here, in a number of respects. The pusher function, for example, can also be used underwater and, thanks to its large, unscrewed pushers, operated easily even when wearing diver’s gloves. The function is guaranteed to operate until nominal pressure is reached. Thanks to Sinn’s inclusion of this feature, the wearer can record an additional mission time, in addition to using the bezel.

Dehumidifying technology, for zero condensation
    For every diver, knowing that their watch is not going to mist up is of key, life-saving importance. “That’s one safety requirement that we’ve solved through our sophisticated, patented dehumidifying technology”, explains Lothar Schmidt. Divers can now safely operate their watch in the water knowing that the crystal will not fog or cloud with humidity.

Increased operational reliability, thanks to dehumidifying technology
    To slow down ageing of the oils due to enclosed and/or residual air humidity inside the watch, the movement is housed in a near-dry atmosphere created by three supporting elements (dry cap, Viton® seals and inert gas filling). This durably enhances operational reliability and accuracy.

Guaranteed to work between - 45°C and + 80°C
    Sinn’s 66-228 special oil and an adjusted position tolerance of the parts in the U1000 guarantee operation at temperatures ranging from - 45ºC to + 80ºC.

German submarine steel ensures resistance to salt water
    TEGIMENT technology guarantees high resistance to scratching
    The case of the U1000 is made up of especially seawater-resistant, advanced 212A-class German submarine steel and is hardened using TEGIMENT® technology. This gives it effective protection against any scratching of the casing surface, while also providing a base for the black protective coating of the U1000 S. Plus: the pusher, crown and the captive bezel are also made from tegimented submarine steel.

Diver’s safety bezel, to avoid unwanted adjustment
    The bezel on a diver’s watch needs to ratchet in minutes to the left and lock when turned to the right. What’s special about the bezel on the SINN diver chronograph is that it’s secured against inadvertent adjustment, for example when receiving a bump.

My Note: With the new bezel, to adjust it - press down in the direction of the yellow arrows, the gap between the bezel and case (blue arrows) will narrow. Then you can turn and adjust the bezel. once released, the Bezel will spring back up and lock - no more accidental movements.

Certified by Germanischer Lloyd
    The new Sinn U1000 and U1000 S have both been subjected to and passes comprehensive tests, in terms of operation and water-resistance. The Frankfurt-based company works closely in this with the respected Germanischer Llloyd institute in Hamburg, which is responsible for attesting to technical safety at sea. The institute has certified the 100-bar pressure-resistance (= 1,000 m diving depth) of the U1000 and U1000 S. “Never before in this industry has a watch also fulfilled the requirements of the European diving apparatus standard, which involved the testing of reliability, accuracy and faultless operation, even when subjected to extreme changes in temperature”, says Lothar Schmidt, referring to the amount of development that has gone into the watch.

Form follows function
    When it comes to design, too, this watch signals its imposing presence, indestructibility and outstanding ability to perform. Essential features for any owner wanting to know that their personal safety will be ensured each day, even under extreme diving and wearing conditions. What’s more, the watch’s design meets SINN’s strict standards for mission time instruments. For SINN, one thing counts above any other: form should always rigorously follow function.

Pictures:

Hope you enjoyed the post.

Cordially

thanks.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Nice Pictures .

Date at 9 anyone ??
      1675/16610/116234/78240
      Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
      Hublot BB ASF
      PAM 104J
      Sinn 903 H2
      Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
      U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
      If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
        Nice Pictures .

Date at 9 anyone ??
        i would be considering this piece. a lefty that is worth to add to collection
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

thanks for the information...

if the price is not too ex...i'll consider it and then fix it on a brown leather strap.....till then, let's wati for another few months to know the price and stock delivery..

cheers

james
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

it has arrived.....yippe.

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              it has arrived.....yippe.
              how much, bro???

Current collection
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                how much, bro???
                think it's abt 7k after less according to my ad but that being said is subjected to change after it reaches local shores.

To Decksurgeon,

Many thanks for the review
                Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                "Foreign affections"
                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                What's NEXT?

Comment

Dun like..chrono dive watch????

prefer the new U2S.

Sigh, hope the AR coating is removed.else I am gonna scratch it again

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                    think it's abt 7k after less according to my ad but that being said is subjected to change after it reaches local shores.

To Decksurgeon,

Many thanks for the review
                    so..this is the one that the AD told me few months back that it costs this amt...

too ex....i wld rather save more $ get another watch....am closed for 2008....lol

Current collection
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV

Comment

ok. just saw this piece about 2 hours ago. brought my loupe down for examination.

it seems that all u series dials suffer the same fate. the white markers are not nicely finished. what is worse is that the piece i saw, serial number 14 i think even has a strand of greenish/bluish fibre on it the 35 min marker. the 15 min marker is quite badly done as well.

the white colors on the chronograph second hand is not nicely finished. you can see the marks of a tweezer on it.

anyway some of the 'defects' can be seen with naked eye. some with loupe.

the list price is 9500. standard discount applies. anyway, for the price that is being listed and sold, i expected better finishing.

overall, i would say this watch is still a darn good watch, only the finishing is a suspect. i expect more quality finishing @ this price of say 20-25% discount which means ~$7000.

@ $7000, i can get better finishing quality watch.

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

Wow Bro, so fast go down check out liao. Did u manage to see the Sinn 757 Diapal UTC Chrono ? Is it here in Singapore ?
                        the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Originally posted by kermit e froggy View Post
                          Wow Bro, so fast go down check out liao. Did u manage to see the Sinn 757 Diapal UTC Chrono ? Is it here in Singapore ?
                          eh. nothing from sinn new in the safe except the U1000.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                            eh. nothing from sinn new in the safe except the U1000.
                            Hee hee... Just wondering if U went inside to the SINN Safe and is it "Tegimented" ? R u referring to The Hour Glass at NAC ???
                            the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Originally posted by kermit e froggy View Post
                              Hee hee... Just wondering if U went inside to the SINN Safe and is it "Tegimented" ? R u referring to The Hour Glass at NAC ???
                              THG NAC safe inside no other new sinn liao. got U1 under reservation. no U2

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X