Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event: TRANSATLANTIC CROSSING WITH IWC SCHAFFHAUSEN (Pics Intensive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you all for the kind words of appreciation.

the history is indeed very interesting, that IWC was started by an American from boston to begin with.

Comment

I dunno if I may be wrong but it seems like it is so much harder to come across an IWC watch in S'pore, as compared to a Pam. Yes, Pam may be collectibles and yes, some models are very limited. But they are generally, not SO difficult to get, since there is also the grey mkt. I tend to find IWC watches more difficult to get.

I may be wrong afterall but it is thru' my personal experience. Just share-share la.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Nice article to read about....nice pics too!awesome!!!
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Awesome read. I was very intrigued by the father-and-son edition too. Wonder how much moola need to be set aside for this. Would be kool if I could get on for my son & I to wear together when he's older.

Comment

wow....ur son is so lucky..hehehe...how come my old man neber tink that way..Zzzzz...

Comment

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
              Awesome read. I was very intrigued by the father-and-son edition too. Wonder how much moola need to be set aside for this. Would be kool if I could get on for my son & I to wear together when he's older.
              If my memory didnt fail me, i think its abt $5k+ for son, and $21k+ for father.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                If my memory didnt fail me, i think its abt $5k+ for son, and $21k+ for father.
                errrrr......no quite.

the father is only avaliable in platinum RRP is SGD$71,000
                son edition is $7,100 in S/Steel.
                if you have more than one son, more "son" pieces can be bought

Comment

Wow....the prices are very beautiful as well....

Comment

Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
                    errrrr......no quite.

At this prices, can I buy two "son" pieces, and I call my son brudder instead?

Comment

decksurgeon.. thanks for the article and the effort to write up..

From this, I can tell that you are very passionate about IWC? (also judging from the pieces you are selling!!! droollzzzz....) Am I correct to say this?

By the way, pardon my ignorance but like to understand if the reported event was held in Singapore? How the hell you get the opportunity to attend such an even?? I would love too if opportunity arises...

IWC watches caught my attention and eyes when I was 13yrs old, 30 yrs back.. And I am still loving my 1st ever prized purchased since the day I got it! I duno about HOW hard was it to come by an IWC as what Klassik said but for me, I know it took me sometime to hunt down before I made mine. This was becos, I wanted the best mix of NEW + CHEAP + REPUTABLE AD!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

usually such events are organised by sincere, THG, brands itself. they got your database, so in time, they will send u a mailer and invite you.

think last month, there was a chopard event where they showcase the basel 2008. it was held in equinox.

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                        By the way, pardon my ignorance but like to understand if the reported event was held in Singapore? How the hell you get the opportunity to attend such an even?? I would love too if opportunity arises...
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

hmmm....high flyers and the movers and shakers of Singapore upper class....well...it seem i m currently not up there yet..hahaha..still struggling to make it to middle class...nice food,watches and ladies...good motivation to work hard now...in order to make it to nice events like this sort of scale..

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                            From this, I can tell that you are very passionate about IWC? (also judging from the pieces you are selling!!! droollzzzz....) Am I correct to say this?

Thank you for your kind words, indeed am passionate and enthusiastic about the brand and its product offerings.

The event was indeed held in singapore. as for the invites, the night i attended was from IWC database. not obtained from THG or any other distributor.
                            for the second night, i believe some invites came from a list from the Thepusists.

in the end, there is always an imagery that you have to have very deep pockets to enjoy watches. not true - as long as you are enthusiastic about discovering the product, learning and understanding all aspects w.r.t. history/technology/ manufacture etc etc...you can be an enthusiasts. this clearly beats the buy with a 10million dollar watch but does not know anything about it.
                            not everyone at these events needs to be "haute horology high society" - the pre-requisite is the passion and the interest to begin with, that goes a lot more way than a big bank account.

kind regards

Comment

hi deck... Glad to hear yr affirmation... And to find a fellow IWC lover!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                              - GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
                                errrrr......no quite.

Thanks for correcting . I love IWC watches too.
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X