No announcement yet.

Recommend a sub-$1000 watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no leh.. i purposely dress like i cannot make it.

then again.. i really cannot make it.

Comment

At $1k, i suggest Glycine.
      At S$2k, I suggest Sinn.
      At $2-3k ... Omega.

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
        tat is a excellent adv... lol... if nt.. u end up like me... ... at first i wan a sub 2k watch.... then found tat i can get something nicer at 3k.. nw.. tinking abt 4k preown rolex.... damn wtf.. so till nw.. i still undecided..
        hahaha. this was what happened to me few months back. at first aim for 1k + watch. then aiya thought might as well get the 3k tag heuer carrera. then after that my dad say can get rolex wad. so aim for 4k preown rolex. then end up bought new submariner 14060m for 5.2k. lol.

so its good advice that you set a budget and stick to it. dont raise it. also, i bought it from dickson watch at paragon. that guy (Richard) who sold me was quite good. let me try all the sexpensive watches like knowing that its impossible for me to buy ( i only 20. wear t shirt and jeans go in nia.) hahaha. he also recommend me chopard mille milgia ( how to spell ah). but my hands too small. =)

if i were TS, i would get a Ball/Oris/Hamilton. Wouldnt get a tag F1 as doesnt click with me. Can seriously consider the 3 brands. especially Ball/Oris. =) Probably my next watch. hahah

Comment

Thanks for the advise Keltzar will look at Glycine.

xylene, yes im sticking to my budget LOL

What is everyone's advise on paying by instalments?

btw, any thoughts on this brand - Sub-Chrono?
          Last edited by iceburn; 20-09-07, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iceburn View Post
            Thanks for the advise Keltzar will look at Glycine.

xylene, yes im sticking to my budget LOL

What is everyone's advise on paying by instalments?

btw, any thoughts on this brand - Sub-Chrono?
            ur budget = ???

my personal advice is strike a deal with AD for mode of payment first. amex, master/visa or cash. deal sealed then say go for instalment.

personally, u need to ask urself, if u go on instalment, it means that ur credit limit goes down by the amount of instalment u paying. r u comfortable with that?

also instalment plans already factor in the interest. that is why only tell them last min about going on instalment.

also if there is 1 mth free instalment plan, then it is quite worth it. else not really worth to go instalment unless cannot afford upfront payment when bill comes.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Ok 1k flat. So gonna look at Glycine/Tag.

I wont be going on instalment as im scared of owing ppl money. so tts why ive chosen the lowest cost.

Comment

Glycine is available from Hour Glass I think... but shop around, some of the shops quote more, some less.

I like the Combat series ... they are affordable at about S$650-700+ ..

If you have a higher budget, consider getting used ... there are many shops where you can find a good deal.

Like, for about S$1.7k you can buy a used Sinn U1 which uses the sub steel. This model will hold its resale value.

If you SERIOUSLY on a budget, go find an Invicta 8926c or the more expensive variant. I have one which cost <S$200 ... and I enjoy it as much as my rolexes. May have to order online.
                http://home.woh.rr.com/johnholbrook/8926.html

The 9937 is better, but costs about S$500.
                http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/99...937return.html
                http://www.geekhideout.com/invicta-9937.shtml
                http://home.woh.rr.com/johnholbrook/9937.html

Try not to spend on credit. You are buying new items not collectibles. Buy what you can afford or save up for.

Comment

woooah... sinn u1 *eyes sparkle.

ok im searching where i can order this invicta fella.

Comment

hamilton got limited edition for less thn 2k. X wind .. quite nice

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/webapp/...=ka&y=14&p=271
                    Last edited by pet; 21-09-07, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iceburn View Post
                      woooah... sinn u1 *eyes sparkle.
                      think u1 is out of ur budget.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

ya. i agree. dont think about paying by installments. firstly it means your credit limit is reduced by the price of the watch, not how much you pay per installment(as explained to me by emotus).

if i had 1k. i would consider oris. =) good luck in your quest. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by xylene87 View Post
                          ya. i agree. dont think about paying by installments. firstly it means your credit limit is reduced by the price of the watch, not how much you pay per installment(as explained to me by emotus).

if i had 1k. i would consider oris. =) good luck in your quest. haha.
                          i think some retailer will charge u a few percent for tht also... or either, jst dont gv u good discount ...

Comment

I prefer Tag Heuer...never liked Sinn...or that Glycine. All not worth me paying 1k for it

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              I prefer Tag Heuer...never liked Sinn...or that Glycine. All not worth me paying 1k for it
                              i prefer sinn to tag heuer. no questions about it. does tag heuer produce any watches of special material like sinn?

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                                i prefer sinn to tag heuer. no questions about it. does tag heuer produce any watches of special material like sinn?
                                i also prefer sinn ... but dont prefer the seller ... hahahha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X