No announcement yet.

Ball Owners gather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, if there any problem with newly bought BALL, just call up miss celson from BALL Sg and she would fix a time for you to bring down the watch for inspection by the watchmaster. BALL aftersale service is one of the best! Top notch.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
      Congrats on an excellent choice. I've always preferred the older series from Ball.
      The older series are indeed nicer. Happy CNY to you and your family old pal. From watchuseek/WTF
      sigpic

Comment

• Hello my friend! Time certainly flies, its been quite a while. Nice to see u here. Have u added any Ball to your collection since then?

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
        The older series are indeed nicer. Happy CNY to you and your family old pal. From watchuseek/WTF
        sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
          Well, if there any problem with newly bought BALL, just call up miss celson from BALL Sg and she would fix a time for you to bring down the watch for inspection by the watchmaster. BALL aftersale service is one of the best! Top notch.
          Hi i'm new in this forum, what's the retail price for Engineer Master II Diver Chrono
          Model Shown: DC1028C-S1J-BKGR Pls advice...

Comment

• I haven't being in touch with my BALLs for a while. Oops. The msrp is around $4.7-5k a fews years back if i recalled correctly. Plus less of 20% to 25% (even inclusive of any pice hike) it should be less than $4.5k. Still i am surprise that the new magnate GMT is retailing around $4k.

For discount, just try your luck when you talk to the AD. I bought my BALL watches from All Watches(from Mr Micheal) in wistma and Vincent watch (from Mr Louis) at Tampines. Not really sure of the discount market for BALL now but i know Rolex going to cut the discount to 10% just as you are reading this post. Hope it help or others can fill in. Cheers.
            sigpic

Comment

I haven't being in touch with my BALLs for a while. Oops. The msrp is around $4.7-5k a fews years back if i recalled correctly. Plus less of 20% to 25% (even inclusive of any pice hike) it should be less than $4.5k. Still i am surprise that the new magnate GMT is retailing around $4k.

For discount, just try your luck when you talk to the AD. I bought my BALL watches from All Watches(from Mr Micheal) in wistma and Vincent watch (from Mr Louis) at Tampines. Not really sure of the discount market for BALL now but i know Rolex going to cut the discount to 10% just as you are reading this post. Hope it help or others can fill in. Cheers.

Thank you so much for this helpful info...!!! will go down to wisma and tampines to try my luck!

Comment

I haven't being in touch with my BALLs for a while. Oops. The msrp is around $4.7-5k a fews years back if i recalled correctly. Plus less of 20% to 25% (even inclusive of any pice hike) it should be less than $4.5k. Still i am surprise that the new magnate GMT is retailing around $4k.

Hi Iceheller, Price they quoted is around $4200 rubber strap before discount. still considering as i search quite a few forum for this Engineer Master II Diver Chronograph, but can't seems to find more info of this watch as most of the people doesn't buy this diver chrono. is it because the Engineer Master II Diver much better than the Diver CHRONOGRAPH??? please advise....

Comment

• It depend. With BALL Diver chronograph, it is generally more expensive as it uses the ETA7750 movement compare to the other divers which uses the basic ETA28xx. (It like comparing a turbo engine car with standard engine car, which one is more expensive in normal sense.)

Maybe most people might find the chrono movement useless, so they go for the normal diver. But that being said, the normal one(displaying only hour/min/sec) may not necessary be more cheaper as it might have been certified as chronometer by COSC. The COSC certification may not cost much but the movement need to be of certain grade(eg. surface finishing of movement and etc) before it can be tested. So that perparation would bring up the cost.

Look at your budget(you mostly likely would not stop at buying one watches). Have a look and feel of all the watches that you like when you go to the AD. From there, see which one attract you most. If I would to choose, I would get the Diver GMT in Gold dial. Cheers.
                  sigpic

Comment

It depend. With BALL Diver chronograph, it is generally more expensive as it uses the ETA7750 movement compare to the other divers which uses the basic ETA28xx. (It like comparing a turbo engine car with standard engine car, which one is more expensive in normal sense.)

Maybe most people might find the chrono movement useless, so they go for the normal diver. But that being said, the normal one(displaying only hour/min/sec) may not necessary be more cheaper as it might have been certified as chronometer by COSC. The COSC certification may not cost much but the movement need to be of certain grade(eg. surface finishing of movement and etc) before it can be tested. So that perparation would bring up the cost.

Look at your budget(you mostly likely would not stop at buying one watches). Have a look and feel of all the watches that you like when you go to the AD. From there, see which one attract you most. If I would to choose, I would get the Diver GMT in Gold dial. Cheers.
                    Diver GMT in Gold dial looks great too but i'm still considering the Diver Chronograph and the Diver Chronometer coz both case size 44mm which i like. Really can't decide on which one coz both fit so nicely on my wrist... by the way can i order the rubber strap deployant from AD?? or other brands like sinn etc.. fits nicely on ball watches??

ETA7750 movement is better than chronometer certified by COSC????
                    Sorry that i ask so many questions......

Comment

• I am not a watch expert. But ETA7750 got additional module for all the chrono function and is a very reliable "engine" that has been use for a few decades. But that being mentioned, so is the ETA28xx "engine". I cannot say which movement is better but in order to use the word "chronometer" on swiss watch, it has to go through COSC certification. Both series of "engine" are all from the same suppliers(eg for swatch group).
                      Some may argue that chronometer is better as it goes through a series of tests and the movement need to be of certain grade before it can be tested. But not to forget that COSC is only at the moment of testing, it does not mean that your watch would worked within the COSC specs throughout it life span (not to forget watches get dropped or being rough-up during the transportation process after it leaves the manufacturing plant. ). And for the watch movement grade part, can you really spot the different grade less the jewels? Unless you have a open caseback or skeleton watch, you may even never have a chance to see the "engine" (unless your hand is itchy and decided to DIY). Just my 2$. Cheers.
                      sigpic

Comment

• ETA 28XX vx 7750

Can't compare ETA 28XX with 7750 movement as they are meant to support different functions of a watch and both movement have different grades like one bro has mentioned. Both are very reliable and proven movement.

7750 is primarily meant for watches with chronograph function but there are cases where such movement is used in a non-chrono watch for one reason or another, such as in the case of Panerai PAM90.

I think what is more relevant for consumers to know is that, it costs significantly more to service a 7750 movement as opposed to a ETA28XX - brand of watch plays a part of course, as always.
                        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I am not a watch expert. But ETA7750 got additional module for all the chrono function and is a very reliable "engine" that has been use for a few decades. But that being mentioned, so is the ETA28xx "engine". I cannot say which movement is better but in order to use the word "chronometer" on swiss watch, it has to go through COSC certification. Both series of "engine" are all from the same suppliers(eg for swatch group).
                          Some may argue that chronometer is better as it goes through a series of tests and the movement need to be of certain grade before it can be tested. But not to forget that COSC is only at the moment of testing, it does not mean that your watch would worked within the COSC specs throughout it life span (not to forget watches get dropped or being rough-up during the transportation process after it leaves the manufacturing plant. ). And for the watch movement grade part, can you really spot the different grade less the jewels? Unless you have a open caseback or skeleton watch, you may even never have a chance to see the "engine" (unless your hand is itchy and decided to DIY). Just my 2$. Cheers.
                          You are absolutely correct about COSC watches not guarantee log term accuracy. In fact you would be surprised with how fast some COSC certified watches become inaccurate. Besides usage pattern, it also has to do with the quality of the movement itself. In generally a higher-end movement such as zeith, breguet etc will provide better long term reliability (accuracy included) as compared with a standard ETA, COSC certified or not.

COSC certification comes with an extra cost, which of course is passed on to the consumers.
                          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• Originally posted by infusionflank View Post
                            by the way can i order the rubber strap deployant from AD?? or other brands like sinn etc.. fits nicely on ball watches??
                            You can call BALL Watch Sg to see if they can fix anything for you but I thought one of the model come with the rubber strap deployant...
                            sigpic

Comment

I am not a watch expert. But ETA7750 got additional module for all the chrono function and is a very reliable "engine" that has been use for a few decades. But that being mentioned, so is the ETA28xx "engine". I cannot say which movement is better but in order to use the word "chronometer" on swiss watch, it has to go through COSC certification. Both series of "engine" are all from the same suppliers(eg for swatch group).
                              Thanks for the useful info! now i got better understanding of watches! love this FORUM..!
                              you are very helpful! thanks again.

Comment

• Just gotten my first ball... So happy....
                                Current:
                                No More Liao...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X