X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SINN Klassik 1736

Anybody owns this model?
    Am thinking of buying it...

Saw the piece some time back in Germany. I feel it's a bit too small if you are used to wearing bigger watches (36mm for this watch). A good piece to consider if you are looking for a dress watch. The dial is a beautiful enamel dial. One complain about the hour markers, they should make it in German silver raised/applied markers instead of black.

Comment

This model comes in two sizes, my friend. The 36mm dial is the smaller version. There is a 40/41mm version IIRC. I saw one selling at THG-NAC and two pieces at THG-MW a month or two ago. I like it very much when I saw it on the Internet many years ago but because it was not available in our market then, I could not really figure out if it is as nice as it looks on screen.

When I saw it at the above locations, 'molested' them (both sizes) a bit, and after learning about the prices, I decided to give up. IIRC, the bigger version costs around $3K after discount while the smaller one around mid-high $2K after discount. To me, it ain't as pretty as it shows on screen.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

yeah, went to THG Taka and saw the smaller version...way too small...they dont have the 42mm one.
        then again, I wonder for a flat face watch, would 42 mm be too big?

anyone know where i can the 42mm to molest? Ocean Bro, u said at MW is it?

Comment

I saw the 42mm previously at NAC branch. I saw both the 42mm and 36mm models at the MW branch.

And yes you are right, the 42mm looks and feels big on the wrist. The 36mm one looks more 'palatable'..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Its a nice piece piece, I nearly bought it years ago but they had issues bringing in the one I want. The dial is porcelain and is made by a well known firm from Germany, out of this range they have also made some with pictures handcrafted on it of the river rhine and such. Its a very handsome piece but I just felt the price was a little on the high side.

Comment

tried the 42 mm, way too big for a flat faced watch...however, I did try on the IWC Portuguese (silver dial blue hands) and fits me like a glove....really really like it...wat ya all think...

Comment

so long as you like it. it is most important. i prefer the port 7 days
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

A little contradicting . Do you mean the Portuguese is much smaller than the 42mm klassik? I haven't tried the Portuguese but the 42mm klassik seems big for me too. And yes, the 7-Day is also my all time favourite . I can only dream of owning one .
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    A little contradicting . Do you mean the Portuguese is much smaller than the 42mm klassik? I haven't tried the Portuguese but the 42mm klassik seems big for me too. And yes, the 7-Day is also my all time favourite . I can only dream of owning one .
                    yes, portuguese is only 40.9. yipee...

7 day too ex and I dun need that function.

Comment

Yes, the Portuguese looks very nice but they go for twice the price of this Klassik.

Didn't know about the 42mm Klassik, may be too big. I feel that 40 is the correct size for this watch.

Comment

ermmm...actually is 4 times the price of Klassik....

Originally posted by Wenda View Post
                        Yes, the Portuguese looks very nice but they go for twice the price of this Klassik.

Didn't know about the 42mm Klassik, may be too big. I feel that 40 is the correct size for this watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X