Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1st IWC....Aquatimer 2000.. Worth The Cost Or OverPriced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here.
    I am torn between Aquatimer 2000 (especially the black/yellow combo) and Explorer II, I like both designs.
    My friend kept persauding me to get Explorer II because it can hold it's value compared to IWC.
    I am not a regular in the pre-owned market, hence, i would like to know whether my friend statement is true that Rolex watch can hold it's value much better than IWC?

Comment

Originally posted by rayray View Post
      Newbie here.
      I am torn between Aquatimer 2000 (especially the black/yellow combo) and Explorer II, I like both designs.
      My friend kept persauding me to get Explorer II because it can hold it's value compared to IWC.
      I am not a regular in the pre-owned market, hence, i would like to know whether my friend statement is true that Rolex watch can hold it's value much better than IWC?
      Just my own experience:

1. My 2yr-old & 10-yr-old Rolex - if I sell now still make a profit.
      2. I just got a 2-yr-old IWC - at almost 50% discount.

Is this "example" good enough?

Comment

But... if I may add... the above is just purely $ perspective.

Say, if you like the IWC more & its going to get more wrist-time and perhaps more "wow" from your friends.... then you weigh it yourself

Comment

Thank you for the information.
          My colleague did mentioned some Rolex range cannot hold it's value, he mentioned Explorer range is one of them.
          I am in dilemma now on which hold it's value better, Rolex or IWC?

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
          Just my own experience:

1. My 2yr-old & 10-yr-old Rolex - if I sell now still make a profit.
          2. I just got a 2-yr-old IWC - at almost 50% discount.

Is this "example" good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by rayray View Post
            Thank you for the information.
            My colleague did mentioned some Rolex range cannot hold it's value, he mentioned Explorer range is one of them.
            I am in dilemma now on which hold it's value better, Rolex or IWC?
            I myself asked the question of "value" recently, & received many valuabe comments from bros here.

If I may summarise a little... all brands will depreciate with age in general... but Rolex slower than others...

BTW, is it even relevant in the 1st place? Are you likely to sell it? I'm more inclined to keeping my purchases....

Comment

Thank you.
              I am buying for long term usage.
              Hence, after looking again at both watches, I will settle with Explorer II.

I myself asked the question of "value" recently, & received many valuabe comments from bros here.

If I may summarise a little... all brands will depreciate with age in general... but Rolex slower than others...

BTW, is it even relevant in the 1st place? Are you likely to sell it? I'm more inclined to keeping my purchases....

Comment

Originally posted by jijicat View Post
                Agree! I fell in love in my first sight. haha...

My wrist size is 6.4", This is the biggest watch I have ever bought.

Did you manage to get a discount for this boutique edition?

I ask the last time, no discount, but can throw in extra strap for free.

Comment

Thanks again.

I will look forward to purchase the Explorer II and most AD give max 15% (fixed) off.

Comment

Hi Guys!
                    I have developed a HUGE crush on the Aquatimer Edition Galapagos after seeing it in one of the boutiques overseas but it is a little out of my reach for now...
                    Instead I got a sweet deal for the Pilot Chrono (3717) from an overseas AD.

However, my heart still goes out to the Aquatimer...
                    How much is the 2000 model retailing for?
                    May wanna check with my Overseas AD to make some comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hohoho View Post
                      Hi Guys!
                      I have developed a HUGE crush on the Aquatimer Edition Galapagos after seeing it in one of the boutiques overseas but it is a little out of my reach for now...
                      Instead I got a sweet deal for the Pilot Chrono (3717) from an overseas AD.

However, my heart still goes out to the Aquatimer...
                      How much is the 2000 model retailing for?
                      May wanna check with my Overseas AD to make some comparisons.
                      Cortina watch raffles city quoted me 7600 and 6800 for the strap versions for 3717 and Aquatimer (auto 2000) respectively.. prices before 15% discount

Mind sharing how much ur overseas AD quoting u? Can pm me if its sensitive :P

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X