Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopard Mille Miglia (how to spot)

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to this. Don't know whether have anyone posted this before.
    But I'm about and is still contemplating to get a Chopard Mille Miglia Chrono from a 2nd hand watch shop.
    But the thing is, how do I spot whether if it's fake or authentic?
    Eventhough it comes with complete box, papers & is still under factory warranty

Please advise.

Cheerios,
    i:m

Chopard Mille Miglia (how to spot)

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to this. Don't know whether have anyone posted this before.
    But I'm about and is still contemplating to get a Chopard Mille Miglia Chrono from a 2nd hand watch shop.
    But the thing is, how do I spot whether if it's fake or authentic?
    Eventhough it comes with complete box, papers & is still under factory warranty

Please advise.

Cheerios,
    i:m

Comment

Buying from 2nd hand shops typically is safe.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks Darkangel for e speedy replies!

Comment

Hey Darkangel,

Thanks for the speedy replies!
          Was eyeing on a Rolex GMT till I spotted this piece (chopard) which I've love so much couple of years back!
          Now I couldn't get my mind off it !!!
          Hahahaa

Comment

i would still throw caution into the wind. there are very good fakes these days with original box and papers.

my suggestion is check with THG or chopard boutique who is the local servicing agent if any.

tell the second hand shop that you will send the watch in for verification. if the watch is found not to be authentic, you have the right to a full refund. have the shop that your terms and conditions on the receipt. however authentication time should be agreed between 2 parties. usually 3 working days should not be an issue.

if the shop state your terms on the receipt, chances are the watch is authentic. no matter what, the watch is still worth at least couple thousands. paying a nominal fee for authentication should not be an issue.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hey Thanks Triton!!!
              Btw, where's THG ???
              I read somewhere in the forum that at times Chopard might take up to 2 months to verify.
              How true is that?

Comment

Originally posted by invisibleman View Post
                Hey Thanks Triton!!!
                Btw, where's THG ???
                I read somewhere in the forum that at times Chopard might take up to 2 months to verify.
                How true is that?
                I recalled something like that too, that it will take quite a while for verification to be done. And 'THG' stands for The Hour Glass. There are many outlets in Singapore. Go check out their website to locate them.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  i would still throw caution into the wind. there are very good fakes these days with original box and papers.

my suggestion is check with THG or chopard boutique who is the local servicing agent if any.

tell the second hand shop that you will send the watch in for verification. if the watch is found not to be authentic, you have the right to a full refund. have the shop that your terms and conditions on the receipt. however authentication time should be agreed between 2 parties. usually 3 working days should not be an issue.

if the shop state your terms on the receipt, chances are the watch is authentic. no matter what, the watch is still worth at least couple thousands. paying a nominal fee for authentication should not be an issue.
                  I don't think any 2nd hand watch shop or even trader will do that. What if the buyer send in a fake to authenticate? Or change certain parts in the watch before sending in? The shop or trader who sold the watch will lose both the watch and the refund.

Comment

I intended to get a 2nd hand chopard too till i saw this thread.....wonder if JW or MT or BT wld do authentity check on chopard....

Comment

there are preown shops who have done it. these shops know their products, some of them will open the case back to let you inspect.

do understand that i am coming from the angle of a prospective buyer. if i look from the angle of a preown seller, there are other measures they take. i will scan a receipt that i bought an item from a shop and they did that aka wrote, not authentic, full refund.

Originally posted by reccaflame View Post
                      I don't think any 2nd hand watch shop or even trader will do that. What if the buyer send in a fake to authenticate? Or change certain parts in the watch before sending in? The shop or trader who sold the watch will lose both the watch and the refund.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

i have edited some of the details. but it is to show that there are pre-own shop owners who are willing to write it down.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X