looking to buy my first sinn watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to buy my first sinn watch

hi guys, after recently buying my 1st real grown up watch in august, i realised that bringing it to the dorms in australia where i will be going soon is not too good an idea if i wish for it to not be stolen, and as such i have been looking to get a sinn watch to cover that.

i am currently looking at the sinn 556, sinn 756 or the sinn 756s, leaning towards the 756.

i have some questions:

firstly, whats the price of these 2 respective watches?

secondly, whats the difference between the 756 and 756s besides colour?

and lastly, where should i go about purchasing one of these watches, and whats the pros and cons of buying from them. thanks

THG seems to be very expensive in general so im a bit hesitant on them from the start

thanks a lot guys

EDIT: if anyone is thinking of selling one of the above watches, or knows anyone who is thinking of selling one, please pm me.

sinn 656 is now on my list as well

Comment

i dont think u have much choices if u dont get it through THG...not unless u have lobang via the grey market...
      Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
      Tag Heuer Formula 1
      Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
      Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
      Rolex GMT II 16710
      Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

buying from AD means that if there is anything wrong with the watch, you can go back to them.

buying from gray dealers means not able to authenticate the watch. THG is an authorized dealer and that means not possible to authenticate. also, if you buy from gray dealers, you are very much on your own after that. no service centre locally means you have to handle all the servicing on your own meaning sending in the watch on your own etc. this may give rise to loss of watch in transit.

personally, i would only go to a gray dealer if the price savings is more than 500.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thanks a lot, but is it possible to point me towards a grey dealer? thanks a lot

Comment

I think there are two members here who may be - "puateikor" & "dorothy".
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              I think there are two members here who may be - "puateikor" & "dorothy".
              Haha, thats me! Thanks for the referral!
              Anyway, SINN Frankfurt increases their watch prices every August.
              And due to the fact the THG dun increase their SINN watch price here in Singapore
              in relation to Frankfurt every August, it is better to buy from THG, cause the savings
              you get when you get from grey dealers might be just $300-400.

Therefore, i always advise soon-to-be SINNERS to get from THG!
              Cause paying that extra $300-400 will get you a piece of mind + insurance
              against a lemon piece!

Till date, i have yet to come across a lemon piece so far!! Choi Choi!

Then again, dun discount the grey dealers as well, like what triton has said, sometimes if the
              grey dealers might give a good pricing, and if the savings amounts to at least $500
              which is almost 20% of the already discounted price by THG, why not get a "grey" piece!
              Last edited by puateikor; 25-12-12, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Sorry guys, what or where is THG? Thanks.

Comment

The Hour Glass at Ngee Ann City

Comment

Sdr
                    In Present:-
                    Tudor Heritage Black Bay Burgundy 79230R
                    Omega 3570.50.00 Speedmaster Professional
                    Zenith Favre Leuba Pocket Watch

In Remembrance:-
                    Rolex Explorer II "Polar" 16570 A series
                    Rolex Submariner 168000 R series
                    Rolex Submariner 16610 X series
                    Rolex Submariner 16610 K series
                    Rolex 116400GV Milgauss

Comment

Hi, was at THG Millennia this evening and just ordered/ bought a 556 for S$990 but transaction has to be thru UOB Card.

Comment

Am looking to buy a sinn too. Thanks for the tread

Comment

Originally posted by 3monsters View Post
                          Hi, was at THG Millennia this evening and just ordered/ bought a 556 for S$990 but transaction has to be thru UOB Card.
                          Hi, is S$990 a reasonable price for 556 A and which is the standard strap?

Comment

Hi Widezoom, just collected the watch this evening from THG, it comes with the standard rubber strap. Also managed to see a U1 with a red rubber strap.

Comment

Originally posted by 3monsters View Post
                              Hi Widezoom, just collected the watch this evening from THG, it comes with the standard rubber strap. Also managed to see a U1 with a red rubber strap.
                              Hi 3monsters, thanks for the reply.
                              is the UOB card offer only applicable to "556 A" or also available for "556 I" too?
                              is it possible to change to other strap, like the metal chain or other leather type?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X