Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Sinn back to Frankfurt

Hello all.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience on sending a Sinn watch back to Frankfurt for repairs / servicing etc etc.

My 3 mth old U1 SDR has suddenly stopped functioning. Wind (manually or by wrist movement) as I may, it lasts no longer than 10 -15 mins at the most. I've sent it to THG for a look, but they claim to be unable to fix it and said it needs to be sent back to Frankfurt.

They, of course, said they would send it for me, but as my watch wasn't bought from them (I bought it in Frankfurt when I was on honeymoon a few months back), they would have to charge for shipping; and the duration may take several months.

In case anyone starts wondering now why I didn't go with THG, it's not so much the additional shipping costs. BUt more of the time it takes for them to sort anything. And of course, their cr@**y service. Some background: I've had a U1, U2 and now a U1000. And every time i've had to send it back through THG, its been a monumental hellish experience. Eck-speriences that I shall not state here. (But pm me if you're curious...hahaha..)

Anyhoo... now my watch has stopped and even the THG SA said to me it would be faster and better for me to send it in myself.

But i'm having a problem with couriers. DHL won't send it. FEDEX will only insure up to USD1K. And TNT will only do personal courier and that costs fricking S$8000.

Yes. 8K. I can fly there and back with money to spare.

So any suggestions?
    =)
    Last edited by Vanco; 26-11-11, 05:28 PM. Reason: punctuation.

just curious, your U1, U2 and U1000 are bought direct from Sinn Germany or through THG?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I have never heard DHL or Fedex rejecting to send a parcel. What's their reason?

Comment

Only my first U1 (normal), and my U1K were bought through THG. The U2 was bought off a fellow former (still with warranty) and my current U1 SDR from Germany.

DHL won't take watches of that price range, FEDEX will take it but only insure up to USD1K.

Comment

Well, why not check with Sinn and see what suggestion they offer? Most probably ask you to go through THG. One thing i notice for Sinn is that, you got to send it back to them directly for repair even if you buy from local AD, THG dun do service. I wonder if THG even change battery for quartz watch so by their company... If not, just send it to a reputable watch repair shop in Sg. as Sinn movement are mostly ETA/based movement. It will save you lots of $$.
          sigpic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X