Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuracy of Sinn U1 SDR

Hi all,

Was wondering of the above mentioned for the selected ETA movement powering the U1. Just wanna know when would be needed to send for servicing with consideration of the Limited Warranty.

Tks

usually warranty covers manufacturer defects, such as movement problem crack in case not due to wearer's fault, etc.

wear and tear is not covered. servicing depends on yourself. if there is no problem with the watch, then live with it.

if you are scared, then just send in prior to warranty expire

Originally posted by AMF View Post
    Hi all,

Was wondering of the above mentioned for the selected ETA movement powering the U1. Just wanna know when would be needed to send for servicing with consideration of the Limited Warranty.

Tks
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Movement is based on ETA2824-2.

It can get really accurate to +/-10 secs a day, some finely adjusted movement can go to +/- 3 secs.

So it's due servicing when you see the capsule turning blue (in about 5 years time, you will see it really blue) or when the watch looses/gained too much time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenda View Post
        Movement is based on ETA2824-2.

It can get really accurate to +/-10 secs a day, some finely adjusted movement can go to +/- 3 secs.

So it's due servicing when you see the capsule turning blue (in about 5 years time, you will see it really blue) or when the watch looses/gained too much time.
        U1 don't have any blue capsule for your information.... only U1000 s, EZM 3 , etc etc from sinn

Comment

Reliability and Accuracy of Sinn Watches

I'm thinking of adding a Sinn U1 to my humble watch collection in the near future. Like the simple design and impressed by the specs. But I've read and heard some horror stories about Sinn's reliability and accuracy though they are supposed to be extremely tough. A close friend of mine owns a U2 and he also wasn't impressed with the accuracy with the watch. Hope to hear some objective views of the Sinn watches, in particular the U1.

Comment

I bought a brand new Sinn U1 last november after reading soooo many good things about it online.The excitement ended 3mths later when it suddenly stopped moving.
            I send the watch back to HG and they managed to get it fixed in a month.
            Overall impression of the watch is average at most, the lume sucks big time and accuracy is like 10secs/day..nothing to rave about.
            Only thing i like is the rubber strap and the deployant clasp, very well made and "rugged" looking.
            If i can turn back the clock, i will take the $$ and look at other brands like omega or breitling etc..

Comment

yes, i've heard the lume doesn't last long. i think the AR coating is prone to scratches which is ironical compared to how tough they have made other parts of the watch to be. sell to me leh? hahaa

Comment

Originally posted by jamester View Post
                yes, i've heard the lume doesn't last long. i think the AR coating is prone to scratches which is ironical compared to how tough they have made other parts of the watch to be. sell to me leh? hahaa
                just to highlight a few points

1) lume for a lot of other brands also doesnt really last long (including Rolex)

2) AR scratching is the same for all other watches that use AR.
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Most of Sinn watches use the ETA movement, should have no reliability problem on movement..
                  I'm a super low-baller

Comment

my U1 ok leh...
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

The accuracy is just as good as any COSC certified watches. Wear it continuously for a few weeks and then you should get a more accurate timing. Usually out of the box, the watch is about 7 secs fast a day but this may come eventually to about 2 secs fast a day. The way you place the watch (dial up/dial down/side, etc.) will also affect the accuracy of the movement.

The AR coating is the same like other watches with double sided AR coated crystal. It can get scratched.

Comment

Accuracy of Sinn U1 SDR

Newbie here, tried to use the search function but didn't manage to find an answer. so please forgive my ignorance.

I purchased the SDR a week back and set the time according to the time (referencing the seconds) on this site: http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/simpletime.html

I noticed that my watch is gaining about 13 secs per 24 hours. Is it functioning normally? What is the time reference that you are using regularly?

Thanks.

Comment

Did do a 40 wind clockwise manual wind? This happening my U2S.

Comment

Originally posted by ernestx View Post
                            Did do a 40 wind clockwise manual wind? This happening my U2S.
                            I did a 10 round manual wind before wearing the watch. I don't know how it was handled at THG though...

Comment

Originally posted by kentwp View Post
                              I did a 10 round manual wind before wearing the watch. I don't know how it was handled at THG though...
                              At least min. 40 winds full rounds clockwise turn.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X