Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advisory : Watch Repair/Service Recommendation ( Non Rolex)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch repair in Singapore

Bro's I have a Sekonda 1977 watch and I dropped it in water. The crown and date seem to have seized up and need someone to look at this

Do you know where or who can do this in singapore without charging an extortionate price?

Thanks!

Comment

I had a colleague ( I v lost his contact) who had moisture removed from his watch for $20.
      It was done in a shop in Golden Landmark.
      That s all the info , sorry .

Comment

Hamliton Watch Repair?

Hi all,

I have been trying to reach the good people at Swatch Wheellock to inquire about the charges related to servicing my Khaki/Air Race GMT but it seems that no one is answering the phone. This has been going on for some days actually.

I am considering to change my strap (to the metal bracelet type), service the movement and also to polish and buff off dings and scratches.

Can anyone provide a ballpark figure on how much Swatch will be charging? Also, are there any recommended shops out there who can do the same or maybe an even better job with Hamilton watches at a lower price?

Thanks much!

Comment

Help Help - Vintage Watch repair

Hi does anyone know or can recommend a shop to repair my vintage watch?

Watch has a mechanical manual winding movement which is working well and strong but the crown has dropped off and one pusher button has dropped off.

Thank you

Comment

Try H------- G------ at Riverwalk . Shawn does quite a fair bit of repair work for vintage pieces. Call him before you go down. He travels so sometimes the shop is not open.

Comment

Good and cheap.
              http://yeomansweblog.wordpress.com/2...l-watch-maker/

Comment

Advisory : Watch Repair

Hi, I am a new member here. Have done a search but didn't find something close to what I need. It may not be appropriate to answer directly or you may not want to commit anything. I just need recommendation to a reliable watch repairer you guys may have used.

Of course the best bet is to go back to the agent but usually they cost more. Those in the big retail units have higher overhead and naturally need to charge more too.

Care to share and I will check them out on my own. Ultimately, it is our own decision who we use. Your recommendation is just to save some leg work for me.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by shopiao View Post
                  Hi, I am a new member here. Have done a search but didn't find something close to what I need. It may not be appropriate to answer directly or you may not want to commit anything. I just need recommendation to a reliable watch repairer you guys may have used.

Of course the best bet is to go back to the agent but usually they cost more. Those in the big retail units have higher overhead and naturally need to charge more too.

Care to share and I will check them out on my own. Ultimately, it is our own decision who we use. Your recommendation is just to save some leg work for me.

Thank you in advance.
                  Jw watch

Comment

Lucky Chinatown

Comment

Thank you guys.

Comment

Any members with review for the shop? Thanks

Comment

i no longer share which watch repairer i go to as i had a not so nice experience for sharing several of my sources.

when people share their source, one has to understand that the entire process is between the owner of watch and the watch technician.

different watch owners have different expectations as such, the watch technicians' service may not be up to the owner of watch standard. this is where the issues will arise.

as such, review of the watch repair and/or watch technician should serve as a guide not the whole truth.

if someone shares their source, be appreciative. use your own judgement to decide. i have posted before if this watch technician i have no issues with, does not mean other people will not have.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613 View Post
                            Jw watch
                            Does jw repair all diff brands? Or only certain brands?

Comment

T-- H---

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                                ...one has to understand that the entire process is between the owner of watch and the watch technician...
                                i'll be honest and add that i've used (by now) all of the "renowned" watchmakers in singapore and i've had bad experiences at least once with each of them... ie, something went wrong with my watch after a service - not something unexpected but something that should have been fixed before i took possession of it OR fixed after my second or third collection.

i have nothing against any of the watchmakers in singapore and my expectations were low to begin with (singaporeans tend to like it good, cheap and fast although we know there is no such combination of 3 - only 2!) but i my impression in general is that they are all extremely busy and are more concerned with a fast turn around than a quality job.

at the end of the day, servicing costs (not at RSC) is cheap in snigapore and all of them were happy to correct the problems i had. if this had been back in the US or if i had paid >$750 for a simple service, then i'd be really unhappy.

it's best to adjust your expectations...

“Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X