No announcement yet.

Tag Heuer.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm using Aquaracer Chrono Auto at $2700 new as a gauge - what alternative chrono auto (new) from other brands fall within this price point? Because I do also share the sentiments that Tags are over-priced, so I'm just re-checking my own frame of mind to see if that is still valid... or given the rise in prices of the other brands, Tags have become more viable purchases.

sms/whatsapp to 9OO3-8999

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Well....I agree...spend it on something better
      eh u r contradicting urself le. tot u got a F1 tag??

Comment

• Originally posted by egstring View Post
        Shh,

Dun make him pai seh .
        1675/16610/116234/78240
        Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
        Hublot BB ASF
        PAM 104J
        Sinn 903 H2
        Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
        U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
        If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

• Originally posted by egstring View Post
          Well...though I got a F1. I dun really fancy Tag Heuer and the resale value just sux...but I had to get something which doesnt make me look so lok kok wad...and the price of F1 is ok with me..so buy lor.

I maybe a Tag owner...but it doesn't really mean I will support them hahaha...coz their value really is not there 1. hahaha
          Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
          Shh,

Dun make him pai seh .
          No lor...not make me pai seh la....dun wry

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• ok lo if u r talking abt the resale value den got nothing to say la. Think for me, cos most my high end stuffs got sentiment value one so tats why I wont/cannot sell. So dont care abt resale value. hehehe

Comment

• so any 1 aiming this model?

Comment

• Nt bad a pc from tagH
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• i seen e video on e calibre 36 , but i don get it... how e 1/10 secs works...

any helpers here?

Comment

• i apologise in advance if my comments are offensive to anyone.

personally tag is swiss made but for those who have not make it to buy something with more substance.
                    tag seems to be like the BMW 1series, small and cheap, but not worth the money.

i have not owned tag before, but i was once given a swatch and the quality was lousy.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by skydude View Post

so any 1 aiming this model?
                      Nice is nice...but the price dunno nice not

Comment

• need to wear on hand then can feel feel also...

this piece shld b in spore water by aug ???

Comment

• I just ordered a rubber strap for my F1...will arrive only 2 months later at $115 just in case u guys need price reference...

Comment

• Originally posted by skydude View Post
                            i seen e video on e calibre 36 , but i don get it... how e 1/10 secs works...

any helpers here?
                            the measurement of the 1/10 or 1/8 or 1/6 of a second depends on the vibrations per hour of the watch.

if the VPH is capable of making eg. 6 very small sweeps per second on the second hand. then it is capable of a resolution down to 1/6 of a second.

typically the summary table by my calculations are:

18000 VPH = 1/5th of a second (2.5Hz)
                            21600 VPH = 1/6th of a second (3.0Hz)
                            36600 VPH = 1/10th of a second (5.0Hz)

ok now comes the difficult part and the absolutely purists will want to know this before plonking down a sum of money probably equivalent to a small african nation on a watch that has XYZ claims.

let say the movement is capable of 1/10th resolution as it is 36600vph.
                            on the counter scale the mechanism must be designed such that the hand on the tenth of a second pointer is directly coupled to the pallate/escapement.
                            this means that you only have discrete blocks of 1/10th like a "flying seconds" mechanism. this is the hidden beauty of a true technnical watch.

if you dont have this direct coupling and use a intermediate gear from the escapement to the fraction of a second counter. then there is a possibility that the hand can stop at a position of say 0.55 sec. we know that this is not possible as in 1/10th steps this is 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 ....etc there is no 0.55sec on this scale.

if an intermediate wheel is used, then (if i can manufacture a watch) i can also play with the ratios. theoretically: can use a 18000 vph movement with a escpament resolution of only 1/5th sec and make it turn a hand on a scale with 1/10th sec intervals via a intermediate gear train.....cheating lah but it is technically possible.

by now i hope i have not confused you.

so in summary, if you want to know the marketing/advertising claim:
                            do some due diligence and figure out the exact way the technical parts work. they you can see for yourself and this makes watches way more fun too.

happy surfing about the tag and its construction. enjoy the upcoming public holiday too

Comment

• Gd info
                              Btw, can advise how to go about ordering it? Thanks!
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                                Gd info
                                Btw, can advise how to go about ordering it? Thanks!
                                most welcome, glad you found it useful.

ordering, i suppose the usual Tag outlets can get you one?
                                failing that the boutique should also be a point of sale.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X