No announcement yet.

Tag Heuer.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think more like Tag management feel that they cannot command such a price for their watch against their competitiors..they will just price themselve off the market...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by Tasmania View Post
      Funnily enough, I was at DFS at Orchard looking at watches. A group of teens, around 19, 20 years old was looking at omega watches. A guy from the group suggested to the girls why not look at Tag instead. Lo and behold, the young gal commented, "Hello, Tag Heuer is for kids. We are looking at watches for investment"
      I look at this line I heart broken lor

I myself own a Tag....and well I am ard there age...lol

Those ah sia kias are dumb la....Rolex is a better "investment" than a Omega.

Although I know I shouldnt say the word investment,because as a true watch lover we dun buy watches for investment sake.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Tasmania View Post
        A guy from the group suggested to the girls why not look at Tag instead. Lo and behold, the young gal commented, "Hello, Tag Heuer is for kids. We are looking at watches for investment"
        Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        I look at this line I heart broken lor

Those ah sia kias are dumb la....Rolex is a better "investment" than a Omega.

Although I know I shouldnt say the word investment,because as a true watch lover we dun buy watches for investment sake.
        i was once @ their age, till today i still have my 2 formula 1 tag which i just sent in for overhaul. i have kept most if not all my watches to look back and say i have been there, done that.

and yes, today i wont even consider a tag because for that price to pay, one can certainly get a better movement watch with better built watch case. this is because we have grown older and the want has differed and our opinions have changed.

someone would say a patek is better investment than a rolex. or a lange is better than rolex. honestly speaking, rolex is also one of those overpriced watch like panerai.

and i agree with you, i buy a watch is because i like it. in the past, i bought rolex because i know over time, it is one of the watches that will not lose too much money. and now i want to buy watches because of its complications.

my liking for watches through the years have changed.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          i was once @ their age, till today i still have my 2 formula 1 tag which i just sent in for overhaul. i have kept most if not all my watches to look back and say i have been there, done that.

and yes, today i wont even consider a tag because for that price to pay, one can certainly get a better movement watch with better built watch case. this is because we have grown older and the want has differed and our opinions have changed.

someone would say a patek is better investment than a rolex. or a lange is better than rolex. honestly speaking, rolex is also one of those overpriced watch like panerai.

and i agree with you, i buy a watch is because i like it. in the past, i bought rolex because i know over time, it is one of the watches that will not lose too much money. and now i want to buy watches because of its complications.

my liking for watches through the years have changed.
          guess...that old line hav to be used again

TO EACH HIS OWN....

Well said..

Comment

Ok, from this thread, seems like Autavia and Monza lines are discontinued?

I believe Monza's are COSC right? They come with the cert though the dial does not have the chronometer wording...

Another question: is Kirium discontinued also?
            Last edited by HerzAusStahl; 23-03-08, 02:55 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

sms/whatsapp to 9OO3-8999

Comment

Originally posted by HerzAusStahl View Post
              Ok, from this thread, seems like Autavia and Monza lines are discontinued?

I believe Monza's are COSC right? They come with the cert though the dial does not have the chronometer wording...

Another question: is Kirium discontinued also?
              yes the 2 lines are discontinued because Tag wants to consolidate their watches to reduce R&D costs...the more lines you've...the more $ you need to do R&D to make each line unique and yet attractive to different target audience.

Have not heard that Kirium will be discontinued but i won't be surprised...with all the new calibres....Tag is looking at a different positioning now...

cheers

james
              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV
              Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                yes the 2 lines are discontinued because Tag wants to consolidate their watches to reduce R&D costs...the more lines you've...the more $ you need to do R&D to make each line unique and yet attractive to different target audience.

Have not heard that Kirium will be discontinued but i won't be surprised...with all the new calibres....Tag is looking at a different positioning now...

cheers

james
                I think the kirium is discontinued liao la...didnt see it at ADs.

Comment

Thanks, any comments on the cosc kirium? Think I shall buy a Monza also if I do see one then, like the watch. I bought 3 Tags (1x F1, 2x 2000 series) 10 years back, and have been trying to get over my prejudice on this brand ever since. Played with some friends' Aquaracer and Carrera past few days and thought pretty well of them

Comment

i still wear my 6000 series... Last serviced in 2004. Honestly speaking, since i have my own income, i never looked at a Tag no more... Just dun feel its worth the $$... I rather spend on a brand tat has a bigger reputation in watch making and create their movements... Sorry if my statement offends anybody...

I have to admit that Tag do create good looking watches though..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                    - GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                      i still wear my 6000 series... Last serviced in 2004. Honestly speaking, since i have my own income, i never looked at a Tag no more... Just dun feel its worth the $$... I rather spend on a brand tat has a bigger reputation in watch making and create their movements... Sorry if my statement offends anybody...

I have to admit that Tag do create good looking watches though..
                      Well....I agree...spend it on something better

Comment

• Yeah same sentiments generally. But say an Aquaracer chrono auto goes for $2700 new, what alternative chrono auto would be considered "better"?

Comment

• Originally posted by HerzAusStahl View Post
                          Yeah same sentiments generally. But say an Aquaracer chrono auto goes for $2700 new, what alternative chrono auto would be considered "better"?
                          Without doubt, with < $3k to play around with, I will go for an Omega Speedmaster.

Better movements and better value for money
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                            Without doubt, with < $3k to play around with, I will go for an Omega Speedmaster.

Better movements and better value for money
                            agreed

Comment

• <$3k can get Speedmaster now? Auto with date? Where? Good stuff man like that! But I have 2 already though, kind of boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by HerzAusStahl View Post
                                <$3k can get Speedmaster now? Auto with date? Where? Good stuff man like that! But I have 2 already though, kind of boring.
                                Try those preowned ones. I've seen Moon watch being sold for < $3k. In fact, previously, there were a few speedmasters for sale in this forum going for < $2k...

But if you already have 2, then you may want to consider others. You already have 2 speedmasters. Why chrono again?
                                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X