Dievas Aqualuna 1000m leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dievas Aqualuna 1000m leaked

I would like to share with you guys the story I have experienced with this Dievas Aqualuna watches.

I am a small time watch collector and focused my collection on dive watches from microbrands to Rolex DSSD and this passion for dive watches is linked to my sport activity since i got my PADI diving license.

I won the watch during the lucky draw for the Asian Geographic held at Novena Square ...the spanking new Dievas Aqualuna 1000m (read 1000m!) before the nightmare began...

After a dive at a depth of 90 meters in Sipadan Borneo, the watch was completely flooded! Quiet a dissapointment for a piece supposed to be 1000 meters waterproof ... i sent back to Anders of Gnomon @ Shaw Towers and got it back after about 3 weeks of changing maybe the O ring gasket and testing.

What i am puzzled here was how come a diving watch rated to withstand 1000m depth and MADE IN GERMANY have this kind of flaws. So guys, if you into dive watches, take a plunge and see whether your watch really waterproof as claimed!
    "My sound theraphy"
    Sonus Faber Electa Amator
    Krell 300i
    Micromega Stage 3
    Linn Sondek LP12

first question to ask - is the rating self declared by watch maker, or certified by a third party to demonstrate compliance to ISO 6425/ ISO 2281, or a similar industry standard for water rating?

Comment

To be honest.....i dun trust the depth rating from micro brands.......

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
        first question to ask - is the rating self declared by watch maker, or certified by a third party to demonstrate compliance to ISO 6425/ ISO 2281, or a similar industry standard for water rating?
        The 1000m stamped on the face and engraved on the back....below is exactly the watch which i used to have but i have sold after got it repaired..

"My sound theraphy"
        Krell 300i
        Micromega Stage 3
        Linn Sondek LP12

Comment

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
          To be honest.....i dun trust the depth rating from micro brands.......
          i guess so bro, maybe can withstand the kitchen sink depth or the jacuzzi only..
          "My sound theraphy"
          Krell 300i
          Micromega Stage 3
          Linn Sondek LP12

Comment

having a stamp on the dial and engrave on caseback doesnt equate to being compliant to ISO or equivalent water rating test standards

i recently saw 'REG TM' engraved on a micro-brand copycat of the panerai luminor crown protector - doesnt mean it is the registered trademark - it just shows how low copycats can stoop

the reason why micro brands remain micro and never make it big is they dont have a genuine interest in the quality of their products

Originally posted by Nurbisa View Post
            The 1000m stamped on the face and engraved on the back....below is exactly the watch which i used to have but i have sold after got it repaired..

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
              having a stamp on the dial and engrave on caseback doesnt equate to being compliant to ISO or equivalent water rating test standards

i recently saw 'REG TM' engraved on a micro-brand copycat of the panerai luminor crown protector - doesnt mean it is the registered trademark - it just shows how low copycats can stoop

the reason why micro brands remain micro and never make it big is they dont have a genuine interest in the quality of their products
              agreed with you, I heard a lot of complains about brand like Movas (Movement of Asia) from few forums too..
              "My sound theraphy"
              Krell 300i
              Micromega Stage 3
              Linn Sondek LP12

Comment

Sad to know this incident. I was fond of Dievas and thought about buying one.

Comment

i go diving but never with just any brands dive watch as i still an old fart who believes in dive computer such as sunnto

Originally posted by Nurbisa View Post
                  I would like to share with you guys the story I have experienced with this Dievas Aqualuna watches.

I am a small time watch collector and focused my collection on dive watches from microbrands to Rolex DSSD and this passion for dive watches is linked to my sport activity since i got my PADI diving license.

I won the watch during the lucky draw for the Asian Geographic held at Novena Square ...the spanking new Dievas Aqualuna 1000m (read 1000m!) before the nightmare began...

After a dive at a depth of 90 meters in Sipadan Borneo, the watch was completely flooded! Quiet a dissapointment for a piece supposed to be 1000 meters waterproof ... i sent back to Anders of Gnomon @ Shaw Towers and got it back after about 3 weeks of changing maybe the O ring gasket and testing.

What i am puzzled here was how come a diving watch rated to withstand 1000m depth and MADE IN GERMANY have this kind of flaws. So guys, if you into dive watches, take a plunge and see whether your watch really waterproof as claimed!
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

A 90M dive huh.... so was you on Tri-mix or other gas ?

was crown screwed in... just asking ?
                    ROLEX.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X