where to service omega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steffan View Post
    Recently sent my 5 years old speed master to AC @ wheellock place for calibration, servicing & polishing. The estimated cost without parts replacement abt $700!! Say if JW can deliver the same scope of work for your watch... why not for them to handle. Only difference is Omega AC extend another 2 years warrenty after that.
    anything happen within the two years, i think you have "made" your money back. once you go aftermarket service, the warranty stop once you have exchange money, but when you go thru authorised service centre, you are continually look after because they have to rectify any problem posed by their previous job.

because if they do not, you will complain and it will result in bad publicity
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Agreed ! Esp so when we r talking here abt watches tat cost hundreds and thousands of dollars.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Actually hw long then need to send watch for servicing har?? Any difference between Omega & Rolex??
        Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

Originally posted by whiteangle74 View Post
          Actually hw long then need to send watch for servicing har?? Any difference between Omega & Rolex??
          actually mechanical watches around same interval as long as 10yrs, but some need attention after 5yrs.

my dad never service his watch for >30yrs, and my mom also never service >22yrs.

of course YMMV
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

No diff wif brands. Wif owners,yes. I mean dpends how u wear it,like how frequent,on wat occasions,how u take care of it,etc. Te owner is te best judge. Example if u wear a watch like once a mth n only to an air-con office,doing office job,say for few hrs,then u may need to only svc betwn 6-8yrs once. Comparing anothr who wears 5times a wk,for 8-10hrs each time,leave te watch untouchd,uncleand aftr each wear. Then te svc'g may b betwn 2-4yrs. Tatz IMO only. I may b inaccurate.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X