Omega or Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega or Rolex

COnsiderign to buy my 2nd watch, which brand to choose? I own a ROLEX datejust

I will go for a sub!

Comment

I cannot help you choose but I can give you my perspective of Rolex vs Omega.

Somehow I have always relate Rolex vs Omega to Mercedes-Benz vs BMW. Both comparisons give me similar impression of conservative vs more trendy, uncle vs younger. Such impression went deeper into my mind when I saw in a few movies that James Bond drives a BMW wearing Omega. Ya I know James Bond also worn a Rolex Sub in the old Bond's movie but that was the old time you see.

Having said that, for most commoners, Rolex and Mercs are still the Kings and hence the symbol of status, despite them not being the most expensive or prestige brand of their kind.

I own both Rolex & Omega. While Rolex has a bigger feel-good (read: "hau lian)" factor, I enjoy my Omegas a lot more.

Still not sure which to choose? That's perfectly fine because that's not what my post intend to achieve
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

You may consider a Rolex sport if it fits your wrist well.

Comment

So u have a rolex dress watch, are u looking at a sports model? In terms of prestige factor, i think rolex ranks higher, thanks to the billions splurged on marketing and brainwashing consumers...
          elusive

Comment

R o l e x
            Rolex Blue Sub TT 16803 (9mil '1986)
            Rootbeer GMT TT 1675 (6mil '1979)
            TB TOG HG 1625/3 (3mil '1973)
            DateJust SS 16234 (Y900k '2002)
            DateJust WG 16014 (7mil '1981)
            Oysterdate SS 6494 (300k '1944)
            YachtMaster SS 168622 (F100k '2004)
            WTB: 6605

Seiko 4006-6080, 5606-7100, 6309-7040, 6309-7230
            6139-6010, 6139-7002, 6139-8020 (blue+brown), 6218-8971T
            7005-7039, 7005-7062, 7009, 7009-8100, SKX 009 J
            SRP 025 K1, SRP 043 K2, SNA 655 P, SNDA 15 P1, SNDA 83
            WTB: Speed Timer 6138-0030 (blue)

Comment

Rolex!

Comment

You'll get both someday
                "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Consider an Omega since you got Rolex. The current lineup from Omega is very classy and dressy compared to Datejust. Example will be the Hour Vision or Aqua Terra which looks great in leather straps. I own both Rolex and Omega and wear Rolex for prestige factor such as formal meetings or dinners but Omega is worn for subtleness and daily wear. My two cents opinion.

Comment

You will never go wrong with another Rolex

Comment

Originally posted by watchlist88 View Post
                      Consider an Omega since you got Rolex. The current lineup from Omega is very classy and dressy compared to Datejust. Example will be the Hour Vision or Aqua Terra which looks great in leather straps. I own both Rolex and Omega and wear Rolex for prestige factor such as formal meetings or dinners but Omega is worn for subtleness and daily wear. My two cents opinion.
                      Read something from a blog, in early years, 60s or 70s, OMEGA is more exp than ROLEX. however ROLEX cached up and become a symbol of rich man, even though I am not rich .... yet..
                      Prefer to get a OMEGA, still no idea what to choose, seamaster or Speedmaster?

Comment

Both Seamaster or Speedmaster have its own merits and design. Choose one that will go with your personality .... take your time ; sleep over it for a week or two and you will know what you want. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by cyb View Post
                          Read something from a blog, in early years, 60s or 70s, OMEGA is more exp than ROLEX. however ROLEX cached up and become a symbol of rich man, even though I am not rich .... yet..
                          Prefer to get a OMEGA, still no idea what to choose, seamaster or Speedmaster?
                          Both are iconic and excellent watches, and yet very different in look and purpose. Also depends on whether you are more fascinated by being James Bond or an astronaut.

I am a speedy guy. Buy hey, the seamaster is suited for a prince.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                            Both are iconic and excellent watches, and yet very different in look and purpose. Also depends on whether you are more fascinated by being James Bond or an astronaut.

I am a speedy guy. Buy hey, the seamaster is suited for a prince.
                            Hey any idea if the Service Centre can help change the colour of the dial and bezel from black to blue?

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                              Hey any idea if the Service Centre can help change the colour of the dial and bezel from black to blue?
                              Sorry bro, I am not sure about that. Try call the Service Centre to check. I called them recently to ask for the price of replacing a part and they gladly told me.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X