No announcement yet.

Omega or Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A speedy (chrono) will complement your datejust well.
    在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      Sorry bro, I am not sure about that. Try call the Service Centre to check. I called them recently to ask for the price of replacing a part and they gladly told me.
      Thanks bro. will do. cheers

Comment

Dun think its possible. Cos i tried they say no

Comment

owning watches is like eating food. every time eat crab, say Sri Lanka, Alaska, flower, but all are still crab. after awhile, you will feel bored. some time you want to eat prawn, sometime eat fish, sometime abalone..... .

Comment

Rolex.... If got spare cash can get omega too then upgrade to rolex

Comment

very little basis for comparison...brand value is very different...

Comment

that really depends on budget.

Comment

Cannot compare lah, one is mass produce like more than 0.5million per year afew years back. Now I suspect they at least produce a million a year! Buy already also see every Tom dick Harry & Jenny wearing it. Hahaha.
                  Buy the other one ppl say not as Utas as the other where frankly saying it all the same! Better both also dun buy and get other brand.
                  sigpic

Comment

Rolex Sub C would be the choice of many.. but if that seems too common, the Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 8500 or the new Omega Planet Ocean 43.5mm Blue looks great.

Comment

ha ha....

Originally posted by nimm12
                      raw abalone?

Comment

I got the same dilemma with TO too.....I like some model of sea master, at the same time some models of Rolex...they are abt same price over pre-own range...so still need to ask myself which I really like

Comment

Rolex!!!

If you have a particular model in mind then go for it. Whether Rolex or Omega. You already fall in love with it.

Comment

rolex for the win

Comment

Hi all,
                              My maiden post here so please be gentle...

I faced the same dilemma numerous times. Each time something else caught my fancy. So I never got around to owning an Omega.

I think the basic question would be whether you wanted a 'dress' watch (I am assuming not) or a daily 'go-to' watch, in which case both were acceptable. Then there is the question of budget, to which only you can answer. Lastly it depends on whether a particular watch or brand speaks to you more.

I like both Seamaster and Speedmaster but since I have acquired a Sub LV I feel I can only pass over Omega. In terms of public perception Omega is a cheaper brand (at least at present). However it is not any less robust (the latest Aqua Terra > 15,000 Gauss is a case in point). I might acquire one eventually, but that would be only after I have the Pateks, VCs, JLCs and what-not...and then it will never see enough 'wrist time'.

Life is never fair, and we can never have enough. If you ignore the prestige label, and the 'in-house' movement debate, then you will have a lot of other choices. Who knows, maybe even a Tudor Heritage Black Bay will appeal to you.

Hope this little rambling helps...

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghaied View Post
                                Hi all,
                                My maiden post here so please be gentle...

I faced the same dilemma numerous times. Each time something else caught my fancy. So I never got around to owning an Omega.

I think the basic question would be whether you wanted a 'dress' watch (I am assuming not) or a daily 'go-to' watch, in which case both were acceptable. Then there is the question of budget, to which only you can answer. Lastly it depends on whether a particular watch or brand speaks to you more.

I like both Seamaster and Speedmaster but since I have acquired a Sub LV I feel I can only pass over Omega. In terms of public perception Omega is a cheaper brand (at least at present). However it is not any less robust (the latest Aqua Terra > 15,000 Gauss is a case in point). I might acquire one eventually, but that would be only after I have the Pateks, VCs, JLCs and what-not...and then it will never see enough 'wrist time'.

Life is never fair, and we can never have enough. If you ignore the prestige label, and the 'in-house' movement debate, then you will have a lot of other choices. Who knows, maybe even a Tudor Heritage Black Bay will appeal to you.

Hope this little rambling helps...
                                I agree..it is down to personal preference......... I for instance, prefer Omega to a Rolex. Simply 'cause the brand "speaks" to me more. But within Omega itself, I cannot see myself wearing a speedmaster - some designs just don't align with me. Just like a choice of clothes and cars.... ultimately it is the statement you wish to make - all other things being more or less equal.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X