Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed: Thinking of getting my first PAM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed: Thinking of getting my first PAM...

hi Bros/sis,

I'm back after few years of no actions in this forum. Was thinking of getting my first PAM, but not sure where to start. I do hv few queries to ask, and hope u guys can help to give some advices:

1. which model of PAM is most popular and holds it's value most? as I don't want to get a watch that depreciate to 50% the moment u wear it..as im looking for BNIB.

2. Buying off the AD or direct sellers here?

3. with budget max to $15K which model would u recommend?

4. Or would u recommend other brand of watch for this budget...

requirement:

44mm max as I hv small wrist. Radiomir is out.
    leaning towards 317, 359,441,241,233......

Pls advise. cheers and nice weekend to all.

This hobby is just addictive and fun...I'm going to get self-poison again....
    but mostly importantly, to buy a watch that will SMILE at you when u wear it

hey Bro Triton, Oceanklassik and DarkAngel!! how are u guys?
    There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

go with ur feeling and ur likes..
    diamond & sapphire glass are NOT friends!!

Comment

Good choice for panerai...

Comment

I got 312 for myself and then I bought 351. Design and case are the same but material is different.

The sales person advice me not to get 351 since I have 312 but I am not regretting it at all.

So, you have to try and see which you like rather than whether it will depreciate by how many %.
        Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
        Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
        Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
        Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
        Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
        Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
        Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
        Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
        Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
        Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

Everyone has their own views. Examples of questions you want to ask yourself before looking:
          - sandwich or painted dial?
          - go historical by getting manual or go auto winding?
          - dome crystal?
          - SS, PVD, ceramic, etc?
          - GMT?

BTW, PAM317 costs more than $15k.

Originally posted by nimm12
          you may find this thread useful - if you can only own one panerai, ever, which one?
          +1

Good luck with your search.

Comment

i think is very personal when it come to "which pam should i buy" personally i think pam should be simple

Comment

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
              hi Bros/sis,

I'm back after few years of no actions in this forum. Was thinking of getting my first PAM, but not sure where to start. I do hv few queries to ask, and hope u guys can help to give some advices:

1. which model of PAM is most popular and holds it's value most? as I don't want to get a watch that depreciate to 50% the moment u wear it..as im looking for BNIB.

2. Buying off the AD or direct sellers here?

3. with budget max to $15K which model would u recommend?

4. Or would u recommend other brand of watch for this budget...

requirement:

44mm max as I hv small wrist. Radiomir is out.
              leaning towards 317, 359,441,241,233......

Pls advise. cheers and nice weekend to all.

This hobby is just addictive and fun...I'm going to get self-poison again....
              but mostly importantly, to buy a watch that will SMILE at you when u wear it

hey Bro Triton, Oceanklassik and DarkAngel!! how are u guys?
              It's been a long time since you were active! Hahaha, am fine going to ORD soon! Time flies man

Of all the pams, the 312 smiled at me as a simple design with a date, just what I needed

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Go with your heart when you are searching for your Pam. Try them out and then decide. One man's poison is another's meat. For example, I love my 351 but you may disagree!

You may even want to look at some 47mm ones, like the Subs, even though you have a small wrist! They sit much higher on your wrist due to its thickness. I thought I could not wear a 47mm due to my small wrist (6.25") but I was pleasantly surprised.

Good luck on your search and hope you find one that puts a smile on your face, like you mentioned!

Comment

You might have to factor in the waiting time for some of these models. Not sure about the rest but many people told me the 00441 is very difficult to come by and waiting list is long. A few people at ION asked me how did I managed to get one since everyone know its difficult to get.

Comment

I don't know any guy who sticks to his first PAM. In that sense you might want to reconsider getting a preowned piece instead of a BNIB if you aren't sure which model is for you...

The strange thing about PAM watches is that the size shrinks* after you wear it for a while, so don't be too sure about the "maximun size" as well.

*Not really shrinks but it looks smaller as you get used to big and thick watches
                    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                      I don't know any guy who sticks to his first PAM. In that sense you might want to reconsider getting a preowned piece instead of a BNIB if you aren't sure which model is for you...

The strange thing about PAM watches is that the size shrinks* after you wear it for a while, so don't be too sure about the "maximun size" as well.

*Not really shrinks but it looks smaller as you get used to big and thick watches
                      My best mate has stuck to one Pam for about 3 years and counting!

And you are right, the size does "shrink: when you get used to it!

Comment

thanks for some of the advices given. still think if I should go for rolex....maybe into vintage sport watch.. red sub.
                        There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
                          My best mate has stuck to one Pam for about 3 years and counting!

And you are right, the size does "shrink: when you get used to it!
                          Lol. Like the TV I bought. After a while, it does look smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
                            thanks for some of the advices given. still think if I should go for rolex....maybe into vintage sport watch.. red sub.
                            After asking and getting so many suggestions for pam, you say you still think you should go for rolex. Play us iszit?

But seriously...unless you can only own either rolex or pam, it is good to have a pam in your collection as there is no other watches quite like it (not to mention those homage by other brands). It would add some variety, and is useful on days you feel like being a Sylvester Stallone
                            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                              it is good to have a pam in your collection as there is no other watches quite like it ... ... and is useful on days you feel like being a Sylvester Stallone
                              I really like this quote!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X