Resale Value - Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right!

Esp. when your watch grow with you... monetary value is meaningless to you... it becomes priceless...

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
    Just kidding kie.

U buy what sings to u.
    To each his own.
    Values, appreciation & etc are secondary

Comment

Panerai Resale Values

I have never owned a Panerai but have looked at a 233 recently. My concern is long term resale - will they hold the value that my Rolexes always have?

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog90 View Post
        I have never owned a Panerai but have looked at a 233 recently. My concern is long term resale - will they hold the value that my Rolexes always have?
        As I understand, Panerais and Rolexes tend to hold their value better than most other brands
        My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
        IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
        IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
        IWC 500401 Big Pilot
        PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
        PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
        PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
        Sinn UBlack

Comment

IMO, depends on the model you get. some models, like any other watch brands, are more collectable and hence retain their value better. I may be wrong but I understand that if you like the 233, it's good to get the 1st series....Don't take my word for it, better do some research on your own.
          "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
          three times is enemy action and
          over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
          ."

Comment

Some of the early i series 233 were know to have some issue with the PR indicator. However, this could be rectified if send for servicing within the 2 years period. Not heard sbout such issue with j and k series.

Generally, Pams and Rolex and Patek holds value better than others but depends on model too.
            For Pams, generally SE holds better than historic than contemporary but still depends on model
            Whether a certain model holds better than another is hard to tell....even hardly than guessing the direction of the stock market.

So just buy what you like cos holding value is not as important as you feel good wearing it.

Comment

A few of the Bros already said it. It all depends on the models. I believe too that it applies to all watch brands.

You must have bought all the right Rolex models . Some of the Rolex models are also known to have steep slide in value.

Dino

Comment

IMHO, buy the watch that you like and don't bother about the resale value. If the watch appreciates, treat it as a bonus.

If you bought the watch, and love it, don't think you will sell it even if it appreciates. If it depreciates, at least you still love it.

If you only think about resale, don't buy unless you are a trader.

Comment

Dont worry abt it.Go for it!Value for Pams is very stable.

Comment

Holding value... no one knows, mate

Hi Mate,

The truthful answer is: No AD sales person knows. No dealer knows. And no collector knows.

The truth is no one knows.

It is a correlation with world key economies and ours. Especially the US economy since there are so many American Ristis.

In Year 2007 and 2008 up to end of Q3, there was a significant run of Panerai resale prices. Almost bullish, I might say. But what wasn’t bullish then? It was a period of time where so many things in the world had risen month on month, quarter on quarter. In Singapore, even the kopi and tea-O prices were rising to play catch up.

In a rising market, a large percentage of worldwide ristis just simply digged in with their collections, leading to a constricted supply. There was no rocket science to it. Just a natural human tendency. Whatever models... SE…Non SEs… discon.... non discon…there was little rush to sell.
                    So, the logical progression was a rise in Panerai prices, and other renowned brands.

Just my take on the past Panerai rising prices.

Now, your 233 decision.

If you are thinking of picking up a PAM 233 to have some fun with, the prices for a BNIB or pre-owned piece are quite ok.

There are collectors who like this model, despite the much debate on the “fang” vs. clean and non clean dial… everyone will have always something to say about a model… Do learn about the I series fang issue. You can get that at Paneristi or PuristPro.

It is a 8 days… next wind.. u know one week has passed.. so that is some good winding fun.

If you pick up a pre-owned one at say $12.6K to $13.9K, depending on series and condition… well… I think the prices are ok, assuming you are buying it to have some fun for a while. I just can’t see it trending below $10K. I think a number of us – Sing Ristis – will be duly concerned if it happens….we all have our PAMs rite?

Go for it, strike at the right price, and enjoy the Panerai fun. Shalom

NB:
                    I do not have a 233 for sale nor own one at this point of writing. Also, I am not related to any seller who may be selling one.
                    I had owned one before though. 

On the comments above, I mean no offence to other ristis who think otherwise.

Comment

HI

Hi sir ,
                      Pam generally retains its value quite well .
                      I'm Looking to buy a Pam to replace my 111 which i sold it off , few mths ago .
                      Focal JM_Labs .
                      "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                      Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                      Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                      Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                      Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                      Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                      Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                      Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                      Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                      Cartier Santos 100XL
                      Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                        Hi sir ,

After buying a brand new AP, now so fast looking for another pam ah? Which moded, bro?

Comment

bomba?

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                          Hi sir ,

Comment

like louie, i got myself a pam 87 with a nice blue T dial

Comment

Just like most have said, go in with your heart, if you like it so much, bring it home and give yourself a treat.

In regards to the value of the PAM233, I guess it's pretty safe cos afterall, it's a watch with an 8-day complication. Watches with complications tend to hold their value past the $10k mark.

However, taking a simple regression analysis for the various models of collectible watches vs their value, you might be able to spot your best bet. A Omega Flightmaster 910 is more sought after than a 911, a Omega Ploprof with a nicely aged Mk 1 dial (almost impossible to find) can fetch thousands of dollars more than a Mk 2/Mk 3. The same applies to a Mark 1 orange hand Rolex Explorer II 1655 with straight seconds hand, it'll cost much much more than the later series. Though the watches I've mentioned are more high profile collectible watches, I borrow the same theory to be applied to PAMs: Neo vintage T dials have better resale than L dials, True Vintage and Pre-A PAMs are out of reach for most, 'A' series are more expensive than any later series. There are different dial variations to the PAM233, and that's what makes it interesting to me, and my personal view is that if I were to get a PAM233, I'll go for the 'I' series with Mk1 dial (hopefully without any reliability issues)... Although I do admit that it's all a guessing game, it makes watch collecting fun for me.

So, get a PAM233 regardless, cos being the first of the first in-house complication of Panerai, I think it's a very safe bet.

My 2 cents
                              "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                              --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                                like louie, i got myself a pam 87 with a nice blue T dial

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                                Just like most have said, go in with your heart, if you like it so much, bring it home and give yourself a treat.

In regards to the value of the PAM233, I guess it's pretty safe cos afterall, it's a watch with an 8-day complication. Watches with complications tend to hold their value past the $10k mark.

However, taking a simple regression analysis for the various models of collectible watches vs their value, you might be able to spot your best bet. A Omega Flightmaster 910 is more sought after than a 911, a Omega Ploprof with a nicely aged Mk 1 dial (almost impossible to find) can fetch thousands of dollars more than a Mk 2/Mk 3. The same applies to a Mark 1 orange hand Rolex Explorer II 1655 with straight seconds hand, it'll cost much much more than the later series. Though the watches I've mentioned are more high profile collectible watches, I borrow the same theory to be applied to PAMs: Neo vintage T dials have better resale than L dials, True Vintage and Pre-A PAMs are out of reach for most, 'A' series are more expensive than any later series. There are different dial variations to the PAM233, and that's what makes it interesting to me, and my personal view is that if I were to get a PAM233, I'll go for the 'I' series with Mk1 dial (hopefully without any reliability issues)... Although I do admit that it's all a guessing game, it makes watch collecting fun for me.

So, get a PAM233 regardless, cos being the first of the first in-house complication of Panerai, I think it's a very safe bet.

My 2 cents
                                well said always! so is 233 your next wtb panny..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X