Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai Quick Strap Change Mechanism

Greetings all fellow members,

I have recently bought a PAM359 for less than 2 months and I have wear it like less than 6 times. Everything is going well until during X'mas eve, as I was planning to take it out change to a new strap I've just bought, one side of the mechanisms came out while I was do the changing. I did not change my straps very often as I seldom wear the watch.

Thinking that this could be fixed up easily, I send my watch down to Richemont this morning, after the people excess my watch, I was told that they need to send to back to the manufacturer to fix it as they do not have a particular part here in SG. They then inform me that it would take some time to come back. The watch will reach back here either late Feb or early Mar. I was like what the.... A small little issue and I have to wait for so long!

Any Bros or Sis here encounter the same issue as me? Any advices? Bored to the max already! Haiz...

Its a manufacturer fault
    I would insist they do a replacement instead of making the customer wait few months

Comment

Originally posted by gmt8300 View Post
      Its a manufacturer fault
      I would insist they do a replacement instead of making the customer wait few months
      Thanks for the advice gmt8300, that's what I've thought of actually, but don't know how to open fire. lolx

Comment

I have a 351 & a 104, both using this type of mechanism, been changing straps at a rate of once a month. Didn't encounter such problem so far. Did you take a pic of the faulty mechanism? If yes, can share it here? Now you've made me think twice of "poking" that mechanism! Hmmmm. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgrip View Post
          I have a 351 & a 104, both using this type of mechanism, been changing straps at a rate of once a month. Didn't encounter such problem so far. Did you take a pic of the faulty mechanism? If yes, can share it here? Now you've made me think twice of "poking" that mechanism! Hmmmm. Thanks for sharing.
          Hi Pilotgrip,

I did not take a picture of the parts when it came off. Didn't thought of it at that moment... I guess changing your straps once a month is pretty common. Some of them change every week! But I guess its just not my day bah.. Haiz..

Comment

U may need to change the whole casing which cost 3to4k
            otherwise live with it and use third party 24mm springbar
            works like magic

Comment

i've had my 320 for about 3 plus years now. I dont change the straps as often but I sued to chage it like a few times a week. still working like a gem.
              I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
              http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by gmt8300 View Post
                U may need to change the whole casing which cost 3to4k
                otherwise live with it and use third party 24mm springbar
                works like magic
                Thanks gmt8300 for the advice, but my watch is still under warranty, hopefully they will replace it foc. Gotta wait and see what they says when my watch is back.

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
                  i've had my 320 for about 3 plus years now. I dont change the straps as often but I sued to chage it like a few times a week. still working like a gem.
                  Yup, a lot of them changes their straps very often and still works perfectly well. Perhaps I've got the wrong watch at the wrong time bah.

Comment

don understand... whats the parts that came off?
                    sounds like a serious issue

Comment

Originally posted by Saggice View Post
                      don understand... whats the parts that came off?
                      sounds like a serious issue
                      Hi Saggice,

It's 3Pcs of tiny mechanism that falls out from inside of the watch part where you use the tool to press down and to release the spring bar part.

Comment

I have 240 and now 352...never had a problem with the quick strap-change mechanism at all with either watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan_ljc View Post
                          I have 240 and now 352...never had a problem with the quick strap-change mechanism at all with either watch.
                          That's great. Do keep it that way. Like I said before, I got the wrong watch at the wrong time. Just my luck, gotta admit it! LOLX

Comment

Problem with the quick change mechanism is that a case change might be required which is why the lead time is long. This is an issue when it was first introduced and am frankly quite surprised the problem is still surfacing for new watches as OP supposedly have fixed it.

All the best!

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
                              Problem with the quick change mechanism is that a case change might be required which is why the lead time is long. This is an issue when it was first introduced and am frankly quite surprised the problem is still surfacing for new watches as OP supposedly have fixed it.

All the best!
                              Hi Zameenzahari,

Many thanks for your value advices, I would have thought that will be the case. Just hope they will not charge me for the case change, else I will be very very disappointed... lolx...

Anyways, forgot to wish all members here a very happy new year 2014!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X