104!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miniUltraman View Post
    that is very true.. actually I am looking for a 104... but no stock.. then he showed me this PAM48J... only 2 weeks old.. the owner trade-in for 104 lor.. so I very tempted I have small wrist though.. and I thought PAM48 can share with wife (she got even smaller wrist)
    Did u just see the watch an hour ago at Truly Collectibles? I just came from there and there was a PAM48 just traded while I was there looking at Straps.

If u've got small wrists and looking for just a PAM to share with wifey, I think it's reasonable. But if your wrist size is at least 5 inches... I suggest 44mm... trust me... I dun think u'd wanna share with your wifey when it grows on ya hahahaha...
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
      Can I check abt the specs difference between a 104 E, K, H and then comparing that to a 190 (JLC movement power reserve..)

Sorry.. think I was mixed up.. am targeting a 190 instead... but would be keen to understand more of the 104. Cheers.
      104K has the new push pin strap changing system and the wheel bearing on the crown lever that the earlier versions don't have.

104 and 190 are very different animals... the 190 is a relative 'cheap' Panerai watch with an 8 day manual wind complication.
      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

I saw a 104K in Collectors' Haven last week. Going at close to 8K only. Brand new. I almost got this piece but decided to get the destro instead. Now not sure whether still have or not. Those who are keen shld check this out
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
          Did u just see the watch an hour ago at Truly Collectibles? I just came from there and there was a PAM48 just traded while I was there looking at Straps.

If u've got small wrists and looking for just a PAM to share with wifey, I think it's reasonable. But if your wrist size is at least 5 inches... I suggest 44mm... trust me... I dun think u'd wanna share with your wifey when it grows on ya hahahaha...
          Hey! brother.. I think I saw you just now.. paying Francis for your strap!!! Your pam looks so nice on your wrist too Is that a power reserve you have?

Comment

Originally posted by miniUltraman View Post
            Hey! brother.. I think I saw you just now.. paying Francis for your strap!!! Your pam looks so nice on your wrist too Is that a power reserve you have?
            Ahhhahahhahaha.... I'm the one beside him lah, you might not have noticed. Yes, my friend was wearing the PAM90. U were with another friend issit? U certainly dun look the size to wear a 40mm... really should go for 44mm.
            --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
              I saw a 104K in Collectors' Haven last week. Going at close to 8K only. Brand new. I almost got this piece but decided to get the destro instead. Now not sure whether still have or not. Those who are keen shld check this out
              Last I checked it's gone already I think...
              --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Those who want to own a Panerai, be it 104, 90, or 88, just grab. Ham Tam liao talk later... If slow, the prices will only go up when the next shipment comes. No need to think whether worth the buy or not...

Buy Buy Buy
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

thanks destro...
                  So u wun recommend the 104E or 104H?

190 is relative 'cheap'... Wah... Tats new... Care to elaborate why? Its practically going at 8 to 9k now. Thanks for enlightening..

104K has the new push pin strap changing system and the wheel bearing on the crown lever that the earlier versions don't have.

104 and 190 are very different animals... the 190 is a relative 'cheap' Panerai watch with an 8 day manual wind complication.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Ahhhahahhahaha.... I'm the one beside him lah, you might not have noticed. Yes, my friend was wearing the PAM90. U were with another friend issit? U certainly dun look the size to wear a 40mm... really should go for 44mm.
                    yes, I am with another friend.. but I am the smaller size one Got your point.. I actually go measure my wrist.. about 6 inch.. back to PAM90 or 104 btw, how much is PAM90 now?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                      bro...trust the advice of the old birds here....get the 44mm. u will simply love panerai with each passing days. and u won't stop at one too. i am in the process of acquiring another one too.
                      yup yup.. I really appreciate the advices. Now I am putting my mind either on 104 or 90... today TWT quoted me $8.2k for 104

Comment

oh....i am also bioing time will tell submersible titanium.....
                        PAM25

Comment

yes.....i think time will tell quoted 8.2k is a good price. i checked with AD cortina, they quoted me 9.8k and no stock. i bought my pam104H from them at 7220 in 2006.
                          you mean 9.8k is 104 or 25?

Comment

opps sorry Andrew.. you already mentioned in another thread. thanks for the info please ignore this one

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                              thanks destro...
                              So u wun recommend the 104E or 104H?

190 is relative 'cheap'... Wah... Tats new... Care to elaborate why? Its practically going at 8 to 9k now. Thanks for enlightening..
                              Not that I won't recommend the earlier series of the 104, but it's always good to know how much it deviates from the retail price of a brand new PAM104. Imagine if a PAM104E which is easily more than 5 years old selling at $500 off the retail price for a brand new piece... I wouldn't get it mate... the movement probably needs servicing and I'd rather be forking out the full retail price for a brand new piece... However, if u can find a used piece in very good condition at abt 1k+ off, I'll take it anytime. But now it's pretty difficult as prices are high. So my recommendation is to get a BNIB J or K series at gray market prices (should be abt S$7.8-8k)

Why I said the PAM190 is relatively 'cheap' is because it has a JLC 8 day complication housed within. Take a look at it's replacement, the PAM268 8 days, it's going at S$16k easily. Further, purists prefer the PAM190 for it's clean dial with the power reserve indicator at the back and its gold hands as opposed to the PAM268's liner fang indicator and silver hands.

With grey market prices of PAM190 going at between $12900 - $14000, depending on series and condition, it is the cheapest Panerai with an 8days complication. And the potential of it skyrocketing after it's taken off the official catalogue is really something to look out for... I'm holding my breath for it to happen.
                              --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Bro miniultraman, u saw how good my friend's PAM90 looks on the Olive Green Simona Strap right? Your wrist size is the same as mine, so it's 44mm or nothing IMO. The previous owner of that PAM48 has a 6 inch wrist as well. He was there about 20 minutes before you came in. And he traded in the PAM48 for a brand new PAM104K. Dun commit the same mistake as him pls, iirc, he had to top up close to 2.7k for the PAM104K.

PAM90, should be in the range of about S$9.2k-$9.4k. Another one would be the PAM88 GMT. PAM88's are usually S$200 lower in price as compared to the PAM90. But if u're adventurous and wanna take a bet, I'd recommend the PAM89 anthracite GMT (already OOP) that K.Chen of Collectors Haven put up for sale recently. It might still be available.
                                Last edited by Destro22BT; 05-05-08, 10:41 PM.
                                --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X