No announcement yet.

how do your PAM handwound watches stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do your PAM handwound watches stop?

Hi,
    just a quick question. If my watch's power reserve is almost up, does the time ever slow down? (example, it is 1230pm but my watch reflects 1030 if the sub second dial still moving)

Thanks guys.

for a handwound this is highly unusual. Once the power reserve is over then only it stops, it never slows down . The seconds hands moving is a sign of an automatic watch which when picked up even after the power reserve is exhausted

Comment

No. This will not happen.

Comment

Unlikely it will be up to 2 hours behind. It will just stop but the mainspring does lose tension thus resulting in slowing but not as much as 2 hours.
        I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
        http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Can't be slow by 2 hours so much

Comment

Exactly my thoughts. I do expect the watch to slow down slightly due to the lessening of energy stored. When i brought it down to the boutique, one of the staff advised me to monitor it... but my response was that there would be no way for me to witness that inaccuracy of the timing, with the sub second hand still moving (if you get what i mean) again as it was by chance that i noticed this incident. It was also the first time I let the power reserve drain out (I usually wind every 5 days). My other watches with similar power reserve from IWC to jlc never had such an issue. This is my first pam and im starting to love the brand, and i hope it wouldnt be the last.

Comment

What's your pam model?

Comment

510. anyway i gave it a full wind and it ran for more than 8 days, so should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by markiwc View Post
                  510. anyway i gave it a full wind and it ran for more than 8 days, so should be fine
                  Ok that's good. And it should cos I just did a test on my 510 r cently and it stopped after 10 days, 3 hours and 30 minutes.

Comment

yup thanks for your opinion. i dont know how well received the 510 is, but i like it a lot for its look and function and am so glad it is ok.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X