PAMXXX model numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wmatt76 View Post
    you can change the leather straps anytime as you like, but most PAMs does not come with date which is one of the negative point that lead me consider getting a entry level Pam.
    strangely for me, getting into pams was what made me avoid getting watches with a date function...
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Just to help you to clear your doubts, here's my 2 cents worth:

1. Movement
      Does it really matters to you if it's in-house or not? Why do you prefer in-house? Why do you think in-house is better? To me, whether it's in-house or not, what matters most is that it's keeping good & accurate time. If it's in-house & it's not accurate, then what's the use???

2. Overpriced
      Which luxury brands is not overpriced? Is the SD not overpriced? Even a Casio watch is overpriced if you really calculate the cost. It's just that it's a few hundreds dollars watch & it's very affordable that nobody really thinks about it. The cost of a $10 digital watch selling in the pasar malam is probably about $1-2. In term of percentage, that's at least 500% profit. So, overpricing is not something that we cannot control.
      Let me tell you something, when the good times are back, price would definitely be more expensive. Even during these down times, they are still increasing their retail price. So, if you think it's expensive now, down the road, it'll be even more expensive.

3. Winding
      Winding a watch everyday is a good way to connect or play with your watch so that you can get a feel of it. Just like feeling your loved ones everyday Don't worry about breaking as you'll feel the tightness when it's approaching maximum. If you want to feel how's the winding mechanism, trying on those winding clock & you'll know what I mean.

4. Leather Strap
      Every Pam owners would tell you that's the best & fun part with no other brand can offer. With every strap change, you'll feel as if you are wearing a new watch. So, if you have 5 different straps, you'll get 5 different looks

I hope that my 2 cents contributions can become 20 cents to you. I don't expect it to be anymore valueable

Dino

Comment

Pams are addictives. There is nothing with as much passion and as iconic out there with as much fun.

Rolex has been a de facto 'must have' watch. Pams are gaining that cult status by the day, plus it's cool to not see so many people wearing it.

I have moved around brands and there are some watches I will always wear even if I have Pateks and langes around......Pam and rolex.

I just can't stay away from Pams for long. Everytime I sell 1, I will almost always get another one....same for straps....so double the fun.

Join in the fun. A Pam 111 or 0 or 177 or 104 or 24 is a good piece to start off. But, if pockets are full, go straight to a 233 or 217 or 127. The journey is a long, slow and enjoyable one.

Plus, Paneristis around the world are a very special breed. I have made friends from strangers just cos we were wearing a Pam, even at airports overseas.

Get a Pam and you literally join a world-wide club.

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
          Pams are addictives. There is nothing with as much passion and as iconic out there with as much fun.

Rolex has been a de facto 'must have' watch. Pams are gaining that cult status by the day, plus it's cool to not see so many people wearing it.

I have moved around brands and there are some watches I will always wear even if I have Pateks and langes around......Pam and rolex.

I just can't stay away from Pams for long. Everytime I sell 1, I will almost always get another one....same for straps....so double the fun.

Join in the fun. A Pam 111 or 0 or 177 or 104 or 24 is a good piece to start off. But, if pockets are full, go straight to a 233 or 217 or 127. The journey is a long, slow and enjoyable one.

Plus, Paneristis around the world are a very special breed. I have made friends from strangers just cos we were wearing a Pam, even at airports overseas.

Get a Pam and you literally join a world-wide club.
          Well Said Bro! Driven by passion....
          PAM 233K :woohoo:
          IWC BP 5004 :D
          Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
          Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            i have been eyeing for a pam for 4-5 years already. till now yet to get one
            i bought a MM to try on my wrist. but it lasted only 2 weeks.
            my mm too lasted 2 wks - sold it..... But I end up with a pam .

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
              thanks for the advice.

still considering seriously btw SD and PAM111.

reason being that, maybe I not that into PAM yet so feel that its overpriced.

1) Leather strap and 316 SS vs 904L SS
              2) Non in-house movement for 111 (or I am wrong?) vs 3135
              3) Handwind vs Mechanical
              4) Possibility of overwinding and spoiling the spring due to my inexperience

the list goes on.

I am kinda just started reading up on PAM so bear with me on my above doubts and questions. Don know much abt PAM yet and still reading.

not trying to start another rollie vs Pam war here.

PEACE OUT!
              I believe those pam owner have gone down this list of 'questions'. I myself have these question too - even till today. Not sure WHY am I willing to spend money on pam.

Why not get a MM to start off see if you are fine with the size. Then see if you are going to take the path of "NO RETURN"

One point I notice, pam lover are usually friendly e.g dino, Destro22bt & Democritus.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex48 View Post
                I believe those pam owner have gone down this list of 'questions'. I myself have these question too - even till today. Not sure WHY am I willing to spend money on pam.

Why not get a MM to start off see if you are fine with the size. Then see if you are going to take the path of "NO RETURN"

One point I notice, pam lover are usually friendly e.g dino, Destro22bt & Democritus.
                Because Risti around the world are a batch of friendly guys driven by LOVE & PASSION

Dino
                Last edited by PamDino; 13-06-09, 05:28 PM. Reason: want it to be in capital letters

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                  Because Risti around the world are a batch of friendly guys driven by LOVE & PASSION

Dino
                  So good to see a Pam Lao Jiao post his views about Pam. Well said Bro! I think the most impt is to like what you buy instead of thinking of the resale value or movement etc... I have seen pp buying Daytona but not wearing it cos they only want to preserve the value but not really like it. Having said that, I do like the Daytona and given a chance I will buy it... But not to keep in the safe definitely...

Comment

To add on to the issue of manual winding, I would like to say I love winding my watch and cannot wait for the power reserve to deplete fully before winding again. If I can quote an example, I think winding your Pam is the same as spending time with your loved ones. Only spending quality time with your loved ones can you develop the relationship further and keep the love, closeness etc going.

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post
                      To add on to the issue of manual winding, I would like to say I love winding my watch and cannot wait for the power reserve to deplete fully before winding again. If I can quote an example, I think winding your Pam is the same as spending time with your loved ones. Only spending quality time with your loved ones can you develop the relationship further and keep the love, closeness etc going.
                      qk check, what happens if i wind it before the power finishes?

e.g. today i wind to full (e.g. 40 rounds). Use one day le 24 hours later the next morn, I scare the watch will halfway die off so wish to wind it again. Hence, i wind say 20 rounds this time just to ensure that it can tide me thru the day.

Woud doing the above spoil the watch?
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

qk check, what happens if i wind it before the power finishes?

e.g. today i wind to full (e.g. 40 rounds). Use one day le 24 hours later the next morn, I scare the watch will halfway die off so wish to wind it again. Hence, i wind say 20 rounds this time just to ensure that it can tide me thru the day.

Woud doing the above spoil the watch?
                        Of course not Bro... You can wind as and when you like it. For historic models with ETA movt, the full wind is very distinct you can feel the stop. Winding every morning sounds great to me. Gives you good mood too!

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post
                          Of course not Bro... You can wind as and when you like it. For historic models with ETA movt, the full wind is very distinct you can feel the stop. Winding every morning sounds great to me. Gives you good mood too!
                          icic, i think i most prb will start off with a homage first. not those cheapo 100+ ones. maybe the ones Chriswatch make with sapphire, etc stuff. looks less plastic then the 130+ MM homages.

then from there, if i really can take the 44mm size, then see how it goes.

at least thats the plan for now i guess. and also take the time to research a bit more.

leaning to wards 111 and 177 at the moment (233 is out of the question as I can get a car with that amount!! well at least the downpayment). which is more popular? the titanium or the polished case?
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

icic, i think i most prb will start off with a homage first. not those cheapo 100+ ones. maybe the ones Chriswatch make with sapphire, etc stuff. looks less plastic then the 130+ MM homages.

then from there, if i really can take the 44mm size, then see how it goes.

at least thats the plan for now i guess. and also take the time to research a bit more.

leaning to wards 111 and 177 at the moment (233 is out of the question as I can get a car with that amount!! well at least the downpayment). which is more popular? the titanium or the polished case?
                            I say forget the homage. Get a used 111 or 177 (first pam should go for SS). If you really don't like it, I'm sure you can sell it off at minimal loss...probably less than what you have paid for the homage.

You need to get the real thing to bring out the 'feel' when you walk around in it. Serious pam owner wll spot a homage miles away. As for non-watch enthu, they probably don't know what a pam is.
                            If I want to spent $200 dollar on a watch, I'll rather go for a Seiko Monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                              I say forget the homage. Get a used 111 or 177 (first pam should go for SS). If you really don't like it, I'm sure you can sell it off at minimal loss...probably less than what you have paid for the homage.

You need to get the real thing to bring out the 'feel' when you walk around in it. Serious pam owner wll spot a homage miles away. As for non-watch enthu, they probably don't know what a pam is.
                              If I want to spent $200 dollar on a watch, I'll rather go for a Seiko Monster.
                              is there a reason why preferable to go for SS?

CFO say just bought lolex cannot buy another so expensive watch for this year. keke....

Comment

is there a reason why preferable to go for SS?

CFO say just bought lolex cannot buy another so expensive watch for this year. keke....
                                SS is the defacto DNA of Pam. Go for titanium if weight is a problem to you but I like to feel the weight on my wrist, at least for the first Pam.

CFO need not know the actual price of the Pam. Can she tell the difference between a homage and a Pam 249?
                                If your CFO can tell the difference, then she is probably already addicted to Pam and will support your purchase. My CFO thinks my 217 is cheaper than my Pam 5 cos logo sure cost more.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X