40-42mm pam watch to recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40-42mm pam watch to recommend

Hi, i am a newbie and thinking to buy my 1st pam watch however my wrist is too small (after trying a pam 000 that looked too big). I know there are small version of pam 312 which is pam 392, are there any small version similar of pam 176, 233, 351, 359, 572?

Min pam size should be a 44mm. there not much demand for a smaller 40mm pam. if you really cannot wear a 44mm maybe pam is not really a watch for you. As pam itself is known for it size present. I hope this help.

Comment

Thanks for the input, i am not looking at any resales value but rather the watch size that suits my wrist. I know there is a pam 49 which is 39mm and newer models which are 42mm but it seems the 44mm models attracted me such as pam 233, 351,359,176 so just trying my luck on a smaller version of these..

Comment

What is most important is that you wear the watch that you feel more comfortable with, big or small. Yes, there are more varieties of sizes for Panerai watches, now than before. I believe the PAM49 is a 40mm case and not 39mm?

There is also the PAM48 (auto ETA movement), a sister model of the PAM104. The PAM48 is also 40mm in case size. For a start, you may want to visit the boutique and some of the ADs to try out the sizes.

Good luck
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Simpsons View Post
          ....newer models which are 42mm but it seems the 44mm models attracted me such as pam 233, 351,359,176 so just trying my luck on a smaller version of these..
          Unfortunately there's no 42mm version of those you specifically mentioned due to the size of the movement which does not allow any case smaller than a 44mm. And under the historic models, I don't think Panerai will ever come out with a 42mm or smaller versions as it's going away from their heritage. So you are looking at the contemporary models only.

I believed you are aware of the new models that Panerai have came up with, the 42 and 44 which I think you can reconsider again this time round as the thickness is much different from the previous predecessor. More often then not, the size itself is not necessarily the cause of the watch being to big, the thickness plays a part as well.

If you are open to other models, there are a couple of 42s in the 1940 Radiomir category.

Btw, what's the size of your wrist? Maybe it could help knowing your wrist size as I have lady friends with small wrists sporting a 44mm Panerai and rocking it.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
          it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
          How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
          That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Thanks Ocean and Ryu for yr advices. My mistake pam 49 is 40mm. Good question on my wrist size as i have never measure it before..
            Most of my watches are 35-41mm being the biggest so very comfortable on these.
            As it is my first purchase of a pam watch so i would be glad to explore more options so will be glad to know about the 42mm contemporary radiomir..

Comment

Originally posted by Simpsons View Post
              ... would be glad to explore more options so will be glad to know about the 42mm contemporary radiomir..
              You can check out the boutique, Pam 512 manual winding or Pam 572 and Pam 620 automatic as these are the 42mm and without the crown guard like the Luminors, it will not overpower your wrist.

Have a visit to the boutique and try it out and see if any fits your wrist.

Comment

Thanks Ryu, today manage to try on a 40mm and to be honest, it seems to lose the panerai touch..

Comment

yup, that was 40mm seem less of a panerai. That the reason why I said that there are not much of a demand for a smaller pam.

Comment

Also, it seems black face panerai is still its signature as compared to the white face one. Hope i am on the right track to own a panerai...

Comment

Any advise on pam 005 and pam 000?
                      Other than the pricing..

Comment

000,005 or 111 this are all the base model, base model refer to as the basic model without any complication like date. it is a Simple no fuss watch. clean dial, easy to read. Try reading time on a black dial Daytona at night and you will discover that reading time off a panerai or a moonwatch is a breeze.

Comment

Well said...thanks for the headup..should be laying my hand on 1 very soon..now torn apart on base model with or without the seconds indicator..

Comment

It's a common misconception between Panerai Bases and Marinars.

All 2 hands basic Panerai (hour and minute hands) are called Base Panerai. Anything more than that, addition of a second hand or date is called the Marina. Thus on the 2 hands Panerais, the dial says Luminor Panerai and the 3 hands onwards says Luminor Marina Panerai.

Base = hour and minute hand ONLY
                            Marina = addition of a second hand or any other complications (date, chrono and so on)

Comment

For me, I would go with the one with a second indicator, at least I know when my watch stop moving.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X