Explain PAM Homages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rotan View Post
    Thats why now all the homages go up in price cos getting rarer... But IMO it's still a matter of personal choice whether a person wants to go for a Pam or Homage. As long it's not fake Pam I'm fine with it
    rarer? this "homages" is readily available from the the replica forums and the online stores on the web...

PS.There are also local sellers fyi...

Comment

AFAIK any watch that try to resemble a Pam but does not come from Richmont is a fake. Hommage or replica is just a way to mask it.
      Just like I have never seen LV or Prada hommage.

Of course, people are still free to buy it if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
        AFAIK any watch that try to resemble a Pam but does not come from Richmont is a fake. Hommage or replica is just a way to mask it.
        Just like I have never seen LV or Prada hommage.

Of course, people are still free to buy it if they want.
        errrr...actually there are LV/PRADA lookalike bags...seen them at the shops at central. From far they really look like LV/PRADA....the LV monogram pattern,PRADA triangle logo but of cos brand names not PRADA/LV.

Comment

I mean really this is a free market. PP are allowed to buy anything they want as long it pleases them. For myself, I'm not really into homages but that does not mean others have the same thinking too...
          PAM 233K :woohoo:
          IWC BP 5004 :D
          Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
          Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

willing buyer willing seller, no matter how you fight, there is a way to get the products in the market
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

If given a choice, who doesn't want to buy/own an expensive watch. To each his own.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                If given a choice, who doesn't want to buy/own an expensive watch. To each his own.
                ya lor.. homage/replica/fake whatever you want to call still cannot match the original..
                I'm a super low-baller

Comment

this is the problem, not everyone can see a value in a watch worth as much (or more) as my car

you ask some people to buy a 10k watch, they will look at you up/down and say you are crazy, but to people like us, we see it as normal.

some of my friends dont even buy/wear watches, but when they see me browsing into the window of the AD, they just dont understand. vice versa, some people will spend many thousands on audio products, handbags, IT, photography, etc.

then again you have those who want to look the part but do not have the substance, this is how we have the problems of counterfeits, etc.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

this is a free market,yesh willing buyer willing seller.But the issue here is patented design been violated,brand's reputation been tarnished...why Ken trading,naples watch got sued by Richemont.Besides they had bought much attention to Richemont. It is also misleading to some...with or without the brand name on the dial or not,as long they find designs are similar to theirs. Look at MM20 is there any brand name there on the dial..NO,only Marina Militaire but still got sued...

Sure they know the bootleg websites around on the web,it is just that not enuf complains to drive them launch lawsuit to this companies.And imho,today you shut down website A,tmr website B appear...never ending.

Comment

Well in my opinion, I still think not very appropriate to copy the work of a designer.. Maybe its legal or illegal, like you have not done anything illegal in your life before...

My advice: wear in good health and pls show us more photos of your homages!

It is illegal not to show us your photos!

Comment

Think the word Marina Militare can only be used by Panerai as they actually seek permission from the Italian Navy to use it. Thats why I think they are sued....
                        PAM 233K :woohoo:
                        IWC BP 5004 :D
                        Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                        Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
                          Well in my opinion, I still think not very appropriate to copy the work of a designer.. Maybe its legal or illegal, like you have not done anything illegal in your life before...

My advice: wear in good health and pls show us more photos of your homages!

It is illegal not to show us your photos!
                          Actually, it's more than just copying the work of the designer. I think the Panerai design is quite standard except for the date, power reserve or stuff like that so there's not much money spent on design. The most important factor for RM to sue the pants off everyone is Consumer Confidence. Why would anyone wanna fork out a few thousands Euros for a watch that could be bought at a few Euros in China? It's not just protecting the Panarei brand but also to protect present & future owners. There are many companies that would go all the way just to close down a small shop in rural China that counterfeits its products; brands like Coke & Absolut Vodka have plenty of money to play this game & wont hesitate to take legal actions against anyone that tries to produce some look-alikes. Also, with Free Trade agreements, countries are tasked to take action against these illegal activities happening within their own backyard. Remember we used to buy copied Window programmes in Sin Min openly? I think it's still happening nowadays but not so havoc as to place the pirated CDs on display!!

So, I am happy that companies like RM is protecting its consumers & not just take our money & do NUTS!
                          I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                          Alfa 33
                          Alfa 147
                          Alfa GT
                          Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                          Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse