Recommended retail price for Pams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beemer75 View Post
    I will be making a trip to London and Paris in Sep and Oct. Wonder if any luck to get a good price for 312. I did more research and found tt the list price (GBP4300 or 4900 Euros) are inclusive of 15% VAT. So with VAT refund, nett will be lower.
    after VAT it would be way...........lower from the RRSP in singapore or even any PI.

so all in all it's quite a good deal to buy from members in the sales forum.

all the best in your hunt

Comment

Originally posted by beemer75 View Post
      I will be making a trip to London and Paris in Sep and Oct. Wonder if any luck to get a good price for 312. I did more research and found tt the list price (GBP4300 or 4900 Euros) are inclusive of 15% VAT. So with VAT refund, nett will be lower.
      Wish you all the best with you hunt.

Comment

re

thank you all for your contacts/encouragement/comments. wish me luck in my search for 312 in london and paris

Comment

Originally posted by terrenceterrence View Post
          my friend bought a 312 in milan with a 5% discount and 14% VAT claim on top of that with the retail of 4900 euro. you do the maths on how much is the savings.

now you know how much the PI are making
          Would like to say a few words of fairness for the PIs even though I have yet to buy any from them.

Flight to Milan $1500 (approx)
          Hotel in Milan $ 540 ($180*3days)
          Meals in Milan $ 300 ($100*3days)
          Land transport in Milan $ 60 ($20*3days)
          Sub-total $2400
          Does not include other expenses.

Believe this simple maths can explain better.
          Friends,lets look at things from another angle.

Comment

Originally posted by patricia View Post
            Would like to say a few words of fairness for the PIs even though I have yet to buy any from them.

Sub-total $2400

hmm just a tht, when I went to japan, my expenses there was very high.

however, as I had some spare cash in yen, I decided to buy some blue and black label stuff back to Singapore and hopefully sell and earn back some cash for my own expenses.

Fr the above, do you mean the PI specifically fly to Milan to buy and come back sell to make profit? I think not right? most are hoping to recuperate some of the expenses for their own trip. For luckier ones, business trip and hence, most expenses covered by companies and hence, they make full profit for whatever they bring back to sell. of cos, there are risks. If they dunno wats hot in the mkt and anyhow buy, then jia lak

Anyway, the above is ONLY for those PIs that do not fly to a country specifically to buy a watch back for selling. Those PIs that know a certain country have a watch, and spend 2.4k and above just to go there, wait and buy and come back sell, kudos to them . these PIs deserve every single cent they earn!!
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
              frankly, i am abit confused. i thou PI are suppose to be cheaper than the AD. take motor vehicle for example.....any PI is selling their imported car at a higher price as compare to the authorised agent?

anyway....maybe different industry.....lol.
              hee +1!!

I also always tht PIs sell cheaper cos not controlled price

most prob different industry hee hee
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Yeah industry different. I believe for cars PI, their biz model is on the financing that they give you. You try buying a car for PI and ask if you pay cash, any additional fees? They'll probably tell you, yes, addition $2k or something to that effect.

but I think we're going slightly off topic liaoz... many thanks to all who share the overseas price list for Pams... I believe everyone who read this thread has become more knowledgeable in Pams' rrp overseas.

We all figured out that nobody would probably fly there just to buy a Pam :P
                PIs are doing biz, so make money is their obj. they may tell you, Pam got waiting list... so sell above list price blah blah. If you got no chance to go Paris, Milan, London, and die die want the watch, then bite the bullet loh. It is still your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by patricia View Post

Sub-total $2400

did i not say it's cheaper to buy from the sales forum here?

i would always tell ppl... get teh retail price and do the maths of the VAT discount and then work your way up on how much you are willing to pay for the watch.

for watches like say 005 that is posted on the forum for $5800 from an overseas AD is a very fair price.

nego for 100-200 lower if you want to but dun be an AR** and offer $5100-5200 for a BNIB 005 watch.

if you can;t pay cash, the PIs are the way to go because

a. you get to pay in installments
                  b. you get to pay in credit card
                  c. you get the guarantee from a brick and mortar shop

they have the right to mark up higher because of the overhead and inventory they keep.

but wat pisses me off are the low ballers who fail to see the numbers. this applies not only to private buyers but also some PIs.

one place in Far East that whom i shall not mention name is offering to buy a BNIB 312 for 9k cash but the one in their display is marked up with the price of 10.5k

you do the maths....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X