PAM104F at S$4950

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batakboy View Post
    Sigh...... My cousin bought a seiko from them too. He thought that it was a gd deal but after that must do some servicing that cost him 300 bucks. Since it was a rare model according to him, he just buy them.
    rare model then really no choice le.

but then again, JW like doing quite well using such methods. and they like to post SOLD watches on their webbie under new arrival lol...

business must be good, wonder if i start a buisiness using their style would I prosper?
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
      this is an unfair statement.

i believe u have been to jw, right? u should drop by one sat......there r queue forming up half an hr before they even open.

as for ur statement that their new arrival was sold very fast.....well, i do know that it really happen....cos a few of my friends bought from them as their price is really good.

kenny bought his daytona tt m series from jw at less than 11k....where to find?
      i have never been to JW. Reason being that I don like the way they list NETT but in actual fact, its not.

my definition of nett price as taken from internet,which I hope is not wrong:
      "It means there are no additions to the prices shown. "

I have had my fair share of such practises by other vendors (not watch related) in SLS and Lucky Plaza whereby calling them or seeing their listed price turned out is don have this don have that and when u go there, everything add up to be the same as per bought somewhere else.

Because of that, I refuse to patronise any shops that I feel have hidden agendas and are not up front about their details. of course, this is just me. Note, this paragraph is not attacking JW as I do not know how they do stuff there. But the fact that nett = excluding GST in JW context is suffice to turn me off.

No offence intended to anyone nor to JW representatives in this forum if any. Anyway, doubt they care about losing small fry customers like me

but just curious. when is their webbie actually updated? Do they just put NEW ARRIVALS and SOLD? or do they put NEW ARRIVALS for items that they have and is not sold, followed by an end of the day update of the status? If its the earlier, then I honestly don see anything wrong with my earlier post. If its the latter, then I apologise sincerely to JW for making that comment.

an honest question here: is it right to put NEW ARRIVALs as SOLD immediately? imagine I post everyday in garage many posts

"PAM111 for sale at 5k nett then in the same post SOLD! mods please move to sold section." is there any point other than show that I have sold many watches successfuly?
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

there's one BNIB SUb sold for 6.3K weeks ago in Garage section also create some hooha..
        I'm a super low-baller

Comment

John is a great guy! price wise if one buyer is sincere just have a chat with John,of cos dun offer silly prices.I 'm sure John is happy to do it without the GST if you are sincere to buy... (hope John not reading this... )

Mr Tay good to see you at ACM!

PS.Mr Tay, pls change your PVD buckle to polish or brushed finishing...

Comment

hi louie. quite surprise to see u at acm just now. met kenneth inside there before i see u. took a number of pics too.

i have a brushed pig tang buckle that i bought from dino lah...just lazy to change it. anyway....will wait for my 2 original pam strap that i have ordered from hour glass already. should be here this mth.

yes...glad to see u post in here abt JW. john did waive off GST twice i am there with my friends.....just need to know him better.

so did u talk to the richemont technician? chatted with him and he told me to service a Pam233....it is going to cost 1k. sibei expensive.
            i was like his assistant helping him to answer to some enquirers very friendly tech,had a great time there at the counter.Very patiently answering to enquiries and questions i probably will There are even ppl asked abt the prices of the pams... Wait til you meet their senior tech Mr Ho,lagi POWER! a very nicee uncle...a watch lover also. Aiya,Mr Tay i change for you lah...just a screwdriver will do the job. Did you buy the JV strap for your 233? If not,you must get it!! (since you already ordering original pam straps)

You call that expensive for servicing our manifatturas....wait till you know how much they charge to service an eta movt.

Comment

dear exxondus,

let me share with u something abt JW.

firstly, if u know john well enuff, or if someone who know him bring u to his shop, u can actually buy the watch at the price listed in his website, no GST charges. i have seen 2 cases myself...one is our CEO kenny who bought his daytona TT at 10.8k.....this is the price listed and he bought it at that price...no GST.

jw site is updated with new arrival on monday, wed and fri evening....do u know why? cos they only open on tue, thurs and sat. that is why those regular will check his site on mon, wed and fri to see if there is any good buy.

no offence taken...we are here to share.
              thanks for the info.

But the rule of thumb is, if u are close enuff to someone, of cos u get a special price. That is one of the reason some people like to buy from a specifiic person. So no issues with that and its really the way of life n commerce.

lets say i always go wet mkt and buy from a particular stall. Sometimes that stall owner will also give me a bit of something and is less calculative. However, can the stall survive if only base on that porton of customers? They of cos need more customers. price now plays a factor to attract people.

the thing i am turn off is the usage of the term nett in their webbie, as well as it seems to me they are trying to attract people to their shop by postig a lower price but after adding the GST, becomes slightly or the same price as elsewhere.

Look at it from my point of view since I do not know the owners of JW as well as quite a it of others out there.

e.g

X company lists a watch at 5k nett. Y company lists at 4.6k nett. I don know owners of X and Y but i look at the price, which do you think I will go take a look? Now assuming i go to Y company, and then realise, Y company's definition of nett is exclusive of tax. that makes the amount to $4.92k. how would I as a customer feel?

now if i were to travel to company X, i face 3 issues
              1) What hppen if company X also make their own definition of NETT?
              2) what happens if reach le watch sold?
              3) Transport cost vs savings of 80 bucks. would it be worth all the trouble?

weighing those, high chance will just get from company Y, which is the reason why a lot of SLS and Lucky plaza shops play with their prices to make people go there as they know once people is there.

Just a sidetrack, those buying stuff from SLS, do you often look at their price list, see something very cheap, go in and the shop say sold out, and start to promote something else to you?

anyway apologies for this wall of text. Really no intention to offend anyone so will stop commenting on this issue here. thanks.

Comment

hi louie,

simi si JV strap? i order one croco and one buffalo strap....each cost around 380 from hour glass.

i wonder other than richemont, who else can service 233? i dun think i will send my 104 to richemont for service since it is just an eta.
                Mr Tay,i can't believe you didn't know abt this amazing JV straps! Plssssss go for the JV strap its a must have for your 233...no more wasting $$$ on other straps pls.

http://panerai.watchprosite.com/show...ost/ti-415161/

PS.Mod,pls delete if found inappropriate.

Comment

hi louie,

simi si JV strap? i order one croco and one buffalo strap....each cost around 380 from hour glass.

i wonder other than richemont, who else can service 233? i dun think i will send my 104 to richemont for service since it is just an eta.
                  huh Andrew? original pam leather strap each costs only $380? so cheap?? i tot it's $500-$560? oem is it?
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

$380 from AD is cheap... if get from other dealers about $250-$300... am I right? I bought mine at $250 from dealer last time... (but last year loh...)

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                    huh Andrew? original pam leather strap each costs only $380? so cheap?? i tot it's $500-$560? oem is it?

Comment

bro, any lobang for Franck Casa letter strap?

mod, I know I OT liao... sorry... don't delete it before other bro read it...

OEM original strap is indeed around 500 bucks. but since tele-tubby hary knew the AD so well, they can sell it at 380 each. that is why i order 2 from them.

Comment

tele-tubby? ha ha... what a cute name! Can Pm me his contact pls? thank u!!!

BTW, back to topic... how much is cheap to pay for a pre-owned PAM48K?

hi bro.....i'm not sure....but u can definitely ask tele-tubby for help. he is in germany and back this sat.

Comment

OEM original strap is indeed around 500 bucks. but since tele-tubby hary knew the AD so well, they can sell it at 380 each. that is why i order 2 from them.
                          ok got it...good price indeed....

Current collection
                          Audemars Piguet ROO
                          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                          Panerai 270
                          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                          Rolex 116610LV

Comment

u want to buy? i am dropping by at tangs tomorrow. i can check for u....sometime they carry stock too.
                            Hey Andrew, not yet but thanks...am happy with this brown strap now...hahaa..

at least i know who to speak to when the need arises

Current collection
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV

Comment

u want to buy? i am dropping by at tangs tomorrow. i can check for u....sometime they carry stock too.
                              Mr Tay,pls help me ask if they got stock of the JV brown straps...thanks.

Comment

going for tangs 12%?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X