Something's not right with PAMs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
    no air, super friendly, willing to help u get watches at fantastic discount.....willing to bring a metal briefcase all filled up with watches that cost more than 500k sometimes. and he is a good friend of bernard cheong too.

and he is in discussion with some watch-maker (swiss made) to order a limited number of watches specially made for the other watch forum where he is a moderator. on-going process now....i have placed order for 2 with him.

too bad he dun come here to post anymore.
    u ordered 2 ah?? 1 for me is it?? ya sooooo nice....hve i told ya lately that i luv ya?? ya just became my best(est) friend!!
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

hi andrew i understand what u mean, no worries and james u are really funny haha

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
        james, didn't i told u not to mix around too much with hary and kenny. now u r becoming more like both of them.

btw...did u pre-book any number with DK? 1 and 29 taken by him already.

neber order cos no $$...the watch very expensive...even $20 for the recent SG ROC gathering i also must borrow from pple liao...i still can afford flik flak watches for now...OT liao OT liao
        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV
        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Bro Andrew,

You mean the watch is available for pre-booking? Where can I see the watch? If you can't reveal the forum here because of violation, maybe you can send me a PM. I'm interested to see what is it. Thanks.

Dino

Comment

customised PAM?
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
              customised PAM?
              Nope, local watchmaker (hint)
              My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
              IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
              IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
              IWC 500401 Big Pilot
              PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
              PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
              PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
              Sinn UBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Jinks View Post
                Nope, local watchmaker (hint)
                Azimuth?
                Opportunities come once

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
                  I don't understand it.. have been itching to own a PAM for a long time and finally got one a month ago. Did that stop the itch?? Nooooo...after barely a month, even stronger itch to own another one! Even my better half who hated it initially is thinking of getting a 40mm one. This is not good...not good at all, especially when the 312 and 320 look so so good. I think the PAM are cursed! Or maybe it's the straps that are cursed.......help!
                  haha..panerai's truly addictive..

Comment

Agreed. Got poisoned with a bunch myself over a short period of time. They truly are one of the most outstanding watch with military history and successful branding. Plus they look and feel great. But I cannot get over the account by a local watch maker who pointed out that the total material costs for some of the Pam base models may only be about 1k or so. Wished I owned shares from OP.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
                    Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
                    Watch your words, for they become actions.
                    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
                    Watch your habits, for they become character.
                    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

yes..

It's like most watches...actual cost is quite low but for luxury watches, alot goes to the marketing and distribution cost. For example, most ETA movement is less than $200 and that's the heart of the watch. Anyway, I love PAM because it has such a distinct look - you can hardly mistaken a PAM for another brand, unless it's replica or fakes. It's clean cut looks appeals to even the ladies!

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
                        It's like most watches...actual cost is quite low but for luxury watches, alot goes to the marketing and distribution cost. For example, most ETA movement is less than $200 and that's the heart of the watch. Anyway, I love PAM because it has such a distinct look - you can hardly mistaken a PAM for another brand, unless it's replica or fakes. It's clean cut looks appeals to even the ladies!
                        TRUE true... The looks of Panerai are really distinctive... Just like the established brands like Rolex and AP... I can spot one from miles away.... But fakes one also can spot..
                        PAM 233K :woohoo:
                        IWC BP 5004 :D
                        Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                        Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

What some will do to a faux Pam

Has anyone seen this clip? I dun know whether to pity the owner, watch, tree ...or all three!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdvYg_u15dU

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
                          Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
                          Watch your words, for they become actions.
                          Watch your actions, for they become habits.
                          Watch your habits, for they become character.
                          Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Pams are distinctive and addictive...yes!

I went to Europe with some ladies colleagues. After the regular LV and Chanel shoppings, 2 ladies felt guilty and wanted to buy a watch for their hubby. Both are watch layman and knows next to nothing except Rolex. Brought them into a watch AD and showed them a few brand....Rolex, Bell&Ross, Brietling, Lange, AP, IWC, Patek and Pam.....both dressy and sporty and across price range.

Just by looking and not knowing about histroy etc....their choice for hubby...

Pam 112 and Pam 250.

The choice is clear to even newbies... Their 2nd choice was AP.

When I asked why the choice....the crown guard, simple dial design and rarely seen in Singapore.

When they pass the watches to the husbands, the husbands started surfing about Pam. Within a week, they are asking me to into nice straps to match their new Pams.

Comment

Originally posted by Taipan View Post
                              Has anyone seen this clip? I dun know whether to pity the owner, watch, tree ...or all three!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdvYg_u15dU
                              that guy on the video is a disgrace to breitling owners....
                              Opportunities come once

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                                Pams are distinctive and addictive...yes!

I went to Europe with some ladies colleagues. After the regular LV and Chanel shoppings, 2 ladies felt guilty and wanted to buy a watch for their hubby. Both are watch layman and knows next to nothing except Rolex. Brought them into a watch AD and showed them a few brand....Rolex, Bell&Ross, Brietling, Lange, AP, IWC, Patek and Pam.....both dressy and sporty and across price range.

Just by looking and not knowing about histroy etc....their choice for hubby...

Pam 112 and Pam 250.

The choice is clear to even newbies... Their 2nd choice was AP.

When I asked why the choice....the crown guard, simple dial design and rarely seen in Singapore.

When they pass the watches to the husbands, the husbands started surfing about Pam. Within a week, they are asking me to into nice straps to match their new Pams.

Can you intro some of your female colleagues( single) to me?
                                PAM 233K :woohoo:
                                IWC BP 5004 :D
                                Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                                Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X