budget of 10k for Pam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patricia View Post
    Retail in Singapore you can forget about it.Overseas AD especially europe must be fast.Euros going up I just paid at extra of couple of hundreds for my 312

Pam from overseas is warranty locally by richemont also? Or no? I mean PI set.

Comment

Originally posted by sonateer View Post
      Pam from overseas is warranty locally by richemont also? Or no? I mean PI set.
      international warranty

Comment

Originally posted by sonateer View Post
        I like the 312 also, but seen so many sets selling, so bit scare. Is in-house movement more reliable or cost more for Pam? Thanks.
        Many sets selling cos many flippers are selling this new model above list to earn some pocket money. It is a good watch and no worry of reliability. The fact that so many flip it shows that it is a good and popular piece.

Comment

Would definitely go for PAM 312 or of not, the PAM 88 is very nice too with auspicious number!!

Comment

Try not to get the 312 now. Let the price sit.
            I own a Rolex !

Comment

One idea is to get a pre owned cheaper model, 00, 05, 111 etc..

Use for 2yrs then can look out for 312.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Seriously I think the price of 232 will not soften as it's SE... If anything, it will only one way... UP...
                PAM 233K :woohoo:
                IWC BP 5004 :D
                Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                  Many sets selling cos many flippers are selling this new model above list to earn some pocket money. It is a good watch and no worry of reliability. The fact that so many flip it shows that it is a good and popular piece.

Thats why even ask for 312 from local AD also no discount, maybe they know many flippers around..

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                    Try not to get the 312 now. Let the price sit.

Bro, at what price do you think can buy the 312? At list price?

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                      One idea is to get a pre owned cheaper model, 00, 05, 111 etc..

Use for 2yrs then can look out for 312.

Just check out some shops like parklane, lucky plaza, forums, the used price for 00, 05, 111 is about the same as brand new, bit cheaper sometimes only.

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post
                        Seriously I think the price of 232 will not soften as it's SE... If anything, it will only one way... UP...

232 still can get brand new from AD? Do you know their list price? Never check out this model cos is above my budget i guess.

Comment

Pam 232

The Panerai Radiomir 1938 aka Pam 232 is a special edition of 1938 pieces that has been discontinued. The last list price was in 2007 for Pam 232 from the paneristi site :

Reference - PAM 232
                          Description - Radiomir 1938, steel case, vintage brown dial
                          Size - 47mm
                          US Price - $ 6400
                          UK Price - £ 3400
                          Euro Price - € 4800

On the Chrono24 site, the current mkt price is € 7,718 or US$11,070 (S$15.5k). The only dealer in town with a BNIB specimen may be Bonfield but their price is unknown.
                          Last edited by Taipan; 08-08-09, 05:43 PM. Reason: Do not know if the rest of the preowned dealers have a pristine piece available.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
                          Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
                          Watch your words, for they become actions.
                          Watch your actions, for they become habits.
                          Watch your habits, for they become character.
                          Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Originally posted by Taipan View Post
                            The Panerai Radiomir 1938 aka Pam 232 is a special edition of 1938 pieces that has been discontinued. The last list price was in 2007 for Pam 232 from the paneristi site :

Reference - PAM 232
                            Description - Radiomir 1938, steel case, vintage brown dial
                            Size - 47mm
                            US Price - $ 6400
                            UK Price - £ 3400
                            Euro Price - € 4800

On the Chrono24 site, the current mkt price is € 7,718 or US$11,070 (S$15.5k). The only dealer in town with a BNIB specimen may be Bonfield but their price is unknown.

Wow! This model seems like a collector item? Only 1938 in production

Comment

Collectors' Pams

Yes I think the Pam 232 is destined to be a collectors' item as a special edition. But one must also consider the other "Siamese Twin Brother" called the Pam 249 California Dial 1936. This is another historic release by Office Panerai made to celebrate the "stealth" watches made for the Italian Navy frogmen (divers) to use during secret underwater missions during World War2. The original Pam 249 dials came in a curious mixture of roman numerals and and modern numbers but without any brands, marking or name to prevent the enemy from identifying the origin of the watch if the wearer died in combat. True to its heritage the Pam 249 crystal is even made in plastic acrylic just like the original. But the 232 crystal is made in scratch-proof sapphire conundrum and the dial has modern numbers.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
                              Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
                              Watch your words, for they become actions.
                              Watch your actions, for they become habits.
                              Watch your habits, for they become character.
                              Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

The 249 seems to be more popular in the market and thus more expensive to own but I still think the 232 is a nicer piece.
                                PAM 233K :woohoo:
                                IWC BP 5004 :D
                                Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
                                Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X