This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this for real?

I called richemont asking about servicing for my pam104.
    When they mentioned it costs about $500, I was like "oh, that was expected". They are known to be expensive since they are the only authorised PAM service centre in Singapore. But what they said later shocked me. They told me it will take 3 months to service a 104. Reason is that the watch had to be sent back to switzerland as there are no capable service personnel to perform the servicing. Later they mentioned about not having the correct type of equipment to do it. I hope I heard them wrongly. Anyone experienced this?
    Rolex servicing costs more at $700 but takes only 2-3weeks, everything done locally.

Comment

• last time i serviced my cartier it took nearly 3 months.

I order cartier strap, they say 3-6 months. 2 months counting...
      I order pam strap 3 months. 1 month counting...
      I order screwdriver 1 month...
      I .... er nothing is fast unless ready stock..

104 is eta 7750 based. should be a common movement. dunno why need so long...
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

• Huh servicing a 104 takes 3 months and cost $500? This is ridiculous lor.....anyways Im gonna check it out. Servicing outside also dunno reliable anot, unless recommended by fellow bros/sis who have prior experience with the person else better not try man.
        Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

• Originally posted by tsetse View Post
          Huh servicing a 104 takes 3 months and cost $500? This is ridiculous lor.....anyways Im gonna check it out. Servicing outside also dunno reliable anot, unless recommended by fellow bros/sis who have prior experience with the person else better not try man.
          ya lor u r correct. rolex servicing easy to find, but to find reliable pam servicing i don have any lobang. wanna send to Richemont but so ex

Comment

• You may check with John from JW Horological Gallery.

Contact

Comment

• Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
              ya lor u r correct. rolex servicing easy to find, but to find reliable pam servicing i don have any lobang. wanna send to Richemont but so ex
              You can send any of your PAMs with ETA based movement to good local guys like JW , Visio or a few others.
              For the in-house movement though, nobody can service but Richemont and they need to send it back to Neuchatel aNd that will take quite a fair bit of time with 3 months thereabout being the minimum.

Comment

• Imho, pam service here has taken a step backwards. Before, richemont singapore can service a eta-based watch in 2 weeks; even the first batch of inhouse 233 with power reserve problems, they can so in 2 weeks. That was just last year. I recently took a eta-based pam there to check how it's losing power reserve, they checked and say dunno why, and say must send back to switzerland. And hear this, it will take 8-12 weeks for me to just get a quotation, and then 3 months to do the work. I say what?? I just took the watch to chinatown and it was serviced in about a week. It's an eta movt, if a big brand service centre can't handle it, I really have serious doubts.

The brand is good at marketing and selling more watches than ever, but the after sales service is lagging. I think marketing has taken over the brand.

And the new "fake" patina in the new editions make me, well... better not said.

I'm giving up on the brand..

Comment

• +1 on servicing commonly available ETA with other local trusted shops instead of Richemont - cheaper and faster. However for in house movement, not much choice where to take the watch.

Comment

• Sounded like Richemont is following the footsteps of Bell & Ross..Sigh
                    1 3 5
                    ├┼┼╕
                    2 4 6 R

Comment

• Wow, if like this, then very inconvenient whenever need to send any PAMs for servicing. I got a very good solution, buy a few PAMs so when send 1 or 2 for servicing still got a few PAMs to wear while some are being serviced.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                        Wow, if like this, then very inconvenient whenever need to send any PAMs for servicing. I got a very good solution, buy a few PAMs so when send 1 or 2 for servicing still got a few PAMs to wear while some are being serviced.
                        I guess we could be inviting trouble by buying more of a troublesome watch

Comment

• Originally posted by SinBanLi View Post
                          I guess we could be inviting trouble by buying more of a troublesome watch

On a serious note however, with lousy aftermarket service, I guess its not helping the brand to build a strong base. A 3 month wait is relli not helping things also. Well I guess the problem is the market in Singapore aint that big enuf for them to establish a properly trained team of watch techs and also purchase the necessary equipment for service and overhaul to be done here locally.

Comment

• How about Eric Ong from Bonfield watches?

He is the best watch Restorer I ever seen.
                            Note guys, he is not just a watch techican, HE is a watch restorer.
                            He is the only guy in this watch fraternity who gave a 2years warrantly. Have u heard jwwatch or visio gv you a 2years warrantly after servicing?

Comment

• You may want to contact johnfish. He knows the top guy for Asia Pacific Richemont. Probably they will look into these things if you rock the boat
                              I own a Rolex !

Comment

• same here very very unpleasant experience with richmount when i sent in my pam for servicing. moreover my pam is still under warranty period and they still charged me...
                                to my horror, the pam "师父" said my pam had been opened up by 3rd party and case dened ... barh barh barh !!!!>> wah lao.. >> want $$$ also not like that what... ..
                                so serviced ready , next time i will do the same thing, ETA movement, no need go back, ask the 老鸟 here for good reco and advise..
                                so good luck with ur servicing bro, and can PM me where u serviced those of ur PAMs ???
                                thank q

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X