Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Winding Movement

Hi all,
    I have an enquiry regarding manual winding movement watch.
    Will the time lag when the winding going to finish.Or the time will stop exactly when the winding finished.
    Ur advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Regards,

thw winding process does not affect the time movement. winding provides more stored "energy" in the process.
    Current Collection
    1.Panerai 104Q
    2.Hublot Classic Fusion Titanium
    3.Panerai 630S

Gone with the wind
    1.Tag Heuer 2000, Aquaracer Alarm, F1 Chronometer, Aquaracer Calibre 5, F1 Date Grande
    2.Ball Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow"
    3.Sinn U1
    4.Rolex Explorer 2(40mm), Explorer 2 (42mm)
    5.Panerai 111K, 312L, 000N, 359O
    6.Steinhart Aviation, Triton, Nav B-Uhr II
    7.Baume & Mercier Riviera
    8.Breitling Skyland Avenger, SuperOcean 44
    9. Tissot Touch II, T-Race Auto, Racing T-Touch
    10.Tudor Fastrider

Comment

Won't be as accurate when it's near the end. Best to keep it wound. Base models usually have 56 hours power reserve, so wind it every 48 hours/2 days to maintain accuracy. Eg wind every 2nd morning before going to the office.

Or get a 8-day power reverse such as 233

Comment

A good manual watch should maintain it's accuracy and regulation till the last second. However, such manual watches require regular winding, not till the very last minute. As mentioned by previous guy, best to wind it every 1 to 2 days apart.

Different people have different opinions about manual watches. Some lovers enjoy the "moments to wind the watch", some lovers like myself, do not have the habit of wind watches regularly, thus I buy automatic instead of manual watches. It can be a "hassle" if you are always forgetful about winding watches, though such practice can be "cultivated".

Anyway, Panerai's manual watches are good. Do consider it if you like it. Once you own a piece, you will remember to wind it.

Comment

Since this is related to what I have intended to ask, may I seek TS' understanding to use this thread to ask this:

I was informed that for manual winding watches, you should not wind the watch when it is already wound and moving, say, for the past 24 hours already. You should instead, let the watch run till it's power diminished and start to wind fully again.

I am puzzled . Pl share. Tx.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Since this is related to what I have intended to ask, may I seek TS' understanding to use this thread to ask this:

I was informed that for manual winding watches, you should not wind the watch when it is already wound and moving, say, for the past 24 hours already. You should instead, let the watch run till it's power diminished and start to wind fully again.

I am puzzled . Pl share. Tx.

Err. i wind my PAM every morning.....
            Current Collection
            1.Panerai 104Q
            2.Hublot Classic Fusion Titanium
            3.Panerai 630S

Gone with the wind
            1.Tag Heuer 2000, Aquaracer Alarm, F1 Chronometer, Aquaracer Calibre 5, F1 Date Grande
            2.Ball Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow"
            3.Sinn U1
            4.Rolex Explorer 2(40mm), Explorer 2 (42mm)
            5.Panerai 111K, 312L, 000N, 359O
            6.Steinhart Aviation, Triton, Nav B-Uhr II
            7.Baume & Mercier Riviera
            8.Breitling Skyland Avenger, SuperOcean 44
            9. Tissot Touch II, T-Race Auto, Racing T-Touch
            10.Tudor Fastrider

Comment

It's ok to wind every monring. Once in a while, it is also good to let watch run down all the way till it stops, which is easy to do since we take turns wearing different watches

Comment

I wind once every 2 days. It's a joy.

Comment

Ok thanks all for the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                    I wind once every 2 days. It's a joy.
                    +1 on this..its definitely a joy to wind it..in my case, every morning ...

Comment

I have a few watches with manual movements (e.g. some GOs, Omega Speedy, Moser RG Mayu, etc.) and love winding them up in the morning when I'm going to put them on for the day
                      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
                        I have a few watches with manual movements (e.g. some GOs, Omega Speedy, Moser RG Mayu, etc.) and love winding them up in the morning when I'm going to put them on for the day
                        Ya ok. So example for your speedy right, if it is still moving since the day before till that morning that you are going to wind again, does it matter? Because the time hasn't stopped.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
                          +1 on this..its definitely a joy to wind it..in my case, every morning ...
                          +2... definitely a joy for me too. In my case, i wind my watches every night...including my daily beater automatic GMTII

Comment

I have been heard that people send their watch for servicing, exactly what type of servicing do i have to take note of. And normally how long does the servicing took?

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Ya ok. So example for your speedy right, if it is still moving since the day before till that morning that you are going to wind again, does it matter? Because the time hasn't stopped.
                              Well, for me, it's just a habit to wind the watch up in the morning when I'm going to wear it (even if it had already been wound-up the morning before and is still moving).

Don't think it really matter ('cos accuracy should be pretty much the same unless power reserve is really running low) but that's just a habit to me (to begin the day with my watch at full power reserve?)
                              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X