PAM 40mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAM 40mm

Hi all, need some advise on choosing my first PAM. Any recommendation for 40mm model? Understand that there arent alot of 40mm models around.

I'm looking at the PAM048, isit a good buy? Wats the retail n pre-owned price?

I'm not too sure about the retail price but I believe it should hover around $8k+. You can actually call Richemont to ask for the retail price. As for pre-own, it depends on the age and condition of the watch. It should be around $7k region. How about the PAM 049 (white dial)? It is nice too. One member here (daywalker88) posted some pics of it in the forum, so you may search for it.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hmm the only difference btw the 048 n the 049 is in the colour of the dial?

If i were to get from pre-owned, where can i authentic it? At Richemont? Wat are the charges like? Saw one pre-owned at hobbylink going for 7.5k, good deal?

One more question, my wrist is less than 6 inch, abt 5.5, i'll definately look weird with a 44mm rite? Currently i'm wearing a rolex sub and it fits me well.

Comment

Originally posted by sanbecky View Post
        One more question, my wrist is less than 6 inch, abt 5.5, i'll definately look weird with a 44mm rite? Currently i'm wearing a rolex sub and it fits me well.
        Are you male or female? I think it makes a difference...

Anyway this is all personal preference. Easiest thing for u to do is try one on and see for yourself lor....

Comment

Hmm the only difference btw the 048 n the 049 is in the colour of the dial?

If i were to get from pre-owned, where can i authentic it? At Richemont? Wat are the charges like? Saw one pre-owned at hobbylink going for 7.5k, good deal?

Besides the color, the markers are also differently designed. Visit http://www.panerai.com/s_page.xpd?pa...d_categoria=35.

Yes, you may send in the watch to authenticate at Richemont Service Centre at a fee of $85 (hope I'm not wrong). I'm not too sure if a pre-own piece at hobbylink at $7.5k is a good deal or not, but I will not buy a pre-own piece at that price (..got the hint ).

Whether it's a 44/40mm PAM, it looks great, so no worries. Wear what you are most comfortable.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn View Post
            Are you male or female? I think it makes a difference...

Anyway this is all personal preference. Easiest thing for u to do is try one on and see for yourself lor....
            It makes a difference? Female...... So wats the opinion for female?

hmm probably i'll try on a 44mm and see how it fits, its juz slightly bigger than the sub right?

Comment

Slightly? The Sub is only around 40mm. I believe you can physically feel the difference between both.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

It makes a difference? Female...... So wats the opinion for female?
                Just my personal opinions hor...

Firstly I think wrist size is not just the only determining factor. There are other factors...

But if we just focus on wrist size alone:

Female : 5.5 inch wrist is probably not unusual for a lady. I would say u can easily wear a 44mm. It would probably be like wearing a chunky bangle/ bracelet?

Male : 5.5 inch wrist seems very small for a male. IMHO 44 mm would be unsuitable..

Comment

I juz tried a 44mm, I tink it look ok.. So propably will get a 44..

Now the next question, any recommendation for entry model with date n the sandwich dial?

TIA

Comment

I juz tried a 44mm, I tink it look ok.. So propably will get a 44..

Now the next question, any recommendation for entry model with date n the sandwich dial?

TIA
                    Entry level 44mm PAM with sandwich dial will be the 112, or the 111. Pics are available in the PAM website. Happy shopping.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      Entry level 44mm PAM with sandwich dial will be the 112, or the 111. Pics are available in the PAM website. Happy shopping.

Ocean bro, he wanted Date + Sandwich... the cheapest one will be 312 eh??

Comment

Haha ya kinda used to a watch with date.. But I notice alot doesn't come with the date.. Is the date necessary? I know it's up to individual preference, but isit generally better in terms of value retention to have one w date like e sub?

Is there any chart or website where I can go to see if the model is a sandwich dial? Cant really tell frm e pic.. Is 104, 05 a sandwich dial?

Btw a 104, 05, 111 n 312 which is a better choice? Seems like getting a Pam needs more research work.. Haha

Comment

Haha ya kinda used to a watch with date.. But I notice alot doesn't come with the date.. Is the date necessary? I know it's up to individual preference, but isit generally better in terms of value retention to have one w date like e sub?

Is there any chart or website where I can go to see if the model is a sandwich dial? Cant really tell frm e pic.. Is 104, 05 a sandwich dial?

Btw a 104, 05, 111 n 312 which is a better choice? Seems like getting a Pam needs more research work.. Haha
                          ..and the answer is depends on what you're looking for:

a) If the Historic Panerai is what you're looking for then its a toss between the 0005 and the 111. I personally prefer the 0005 for the logo. Again, this is pure preference. Note that 111 dial's a sandwich while the fiver is not (exception: E,F,G series for the 111 are still painted)

b) 104 is more contemporary- usually its a toss between 104 or the 164 but for me the 104 dial is much "cleaner". You get an an automatic panerai decorated ETA based movement for this.

c) 312- if you can stretch it (more expensive than others in your list), you'll get a PAM with sandwich dial, 1950's case and the P.9000 in-house automatic movement. The fact that the crystal has no cyclop also IMHO adds to its handsome looks.

So there you go, but these are just my personal views. Go out and try them all if you can and get the one that YOU like!

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
                            Ocean bro, he wanted Date + Sandwich... the cheapest one will be 312 eh??
                            Sorry read too fast, and responded. Tx for pointing out .

To have date or not is a preference. Price, of course, differs as in any added function in a watch costs money, hence naturally, you buy high, you sell high. I found another website that may help you .

Alternatively, visit some of the ADs/PIs that may carry a more extensive range of PANERAI watches and see it physically. And if you are more decided, do consider my PAM 005 that I am selling..
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Here's a little something to read

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=42932

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X