112 or 111 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 112 or 111 ?

Hi all, im currently deciding on either of this, and the only significant difference i find r the seconds hand, and the see-tru case back am i right ?
    what r your advice for me ? which is better in terms of value ? thank u for your time.

Originally posted by vandalize View Post
    Hi all, im currently deciding on either of this, and the only significant difference i find r the seconds hand, and the see-tru case back am i right ?
    what r your advice for me ? which is better in terms of value ? thank u for your time.
    only less sec hand nia

Comment

usually entry level pam fans would be 112.... as it has a clean dial... minimalist watch...very basic of pam watches.... if you prefer the second hands guess 111 would be the choice.....

personally, i'll go for 112....
      Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
      Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
      Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
      Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

I like 12, 3, 6, and 9 on dial. Therefore, I go for 112, imo. Just like the divers in the 1950s!!

Buy the watch u like. If the value goes up, you are lucky, if not.. just enjoy it.

cheerrs..
        I own a Rolex !

Comment

111 for me...love it

Comment

Erh, I think both the 111 (marina) and 112 (base) have see-through backs.
            111 has the seconds-hand. For some reason, the base is usually more popular. For both, E,F and G are painted dials. Starting from H series, their dials are sandwich dials.
            I say go for the 112.
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

i learnt that the base panerai are always the best bet ...
              Even if value don't go up, it will never drop even when you use it and then decide to sell..
              My vote is for the 112
              SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

got 111 recently.no regrets.

Comment

112 painted dial gets my vote.
                  both have see-thru backs.

regards,
                  inf1d3l

Comment

personally i prefer the 111, for the seconds hand and sandwich dial.

more imptly, its COSC compared to 112 which is not.
                    Currently Wearing
                    Rolex 216570

Comment

Cosc...

COSC isn't always the be-all-end-all to enjoying a watch and i think i would never say 'ill buy this piece just because it is cosc'.

moreover the criteria for cosc isn't even as stringent as some in-house tests by other more established brands. to me, it's just a marketing tool... and a strong one at that.

with the largely unmodified ETA/Valjoux movements found in the base panerais, i wouldnt bother too much about whether or not it is or isn't COSC and just enjoy the aesthetics.

regards,
                      inf1d3l

Comment

guys, thx for your replies and comments. seems like the 112 is a fav. among many of u ...but i am in a dilemna once again.. i saw the pam005logo one, and im in love with it over the 112 and 111 now ! what ya guys think of the 005 ? sorry if i very LOR SOR haha.

Comment

guys, thx for your replies and comments. seems like the 112 is a fav. among many of u ...but i am in a dilemna once again.. i saw the pam005logo one, and im in love with it over the 112 and 111 now ! what ya guys think of the 005 ? sorry if i very LOR SOR haha.
                          bottomline, go with what you like.
                          there's some rumour that the 0 and 5 are going to be discontinued, hence the recent jump in their prices, probably around S$6200-S$6500 now for a new piece.
                          personally, I find the dial of the 5 too busy.
                          but hey, get waht you like.

Ender
                          "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                          three times is enemy action and
                          over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                          ."

Comment

IMO, 05 logo seem clustered
                            I own a Rolex !

Comment

Hi,

For me, i will choose in this order:

1) Pam 111 - COSC sub sec hands more value
                              2) Pam 005 - Logo series (very unique as others only text/letterings only)
                              3) Pam 112 - basic base ( should be the least expensive because it is a base)

Regards,
                              Jay
                              PAM 104J (SOLD)
                              Omega Speedmaster 3513.50.00
                              Omega Speedmaster 3520.53.00 (Triple Day-Date)
                              Ball engr. Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE DT1026A-SAJ-BK
                              Ball Fireman Night Train NM1092C-L1B-BK (SOLD)
                              RXW MM20

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X