panerai question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panerai question

hi collectors, im new to the world of panerai so got some doubts which i hope the seniors can clear for me

1. had anyone bought a genuine pam that comes without box and original straps? lets say resale market rate for that watch with full set is $5k, how much should i pay or shall i say its worth for an watch with papers and only comes with an rubber or leather strap.

Factor in cost of strap and box.

Not attractive to me unless minimum 1k less.

My 2 cents
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I have bought and sold Pam without box and straps. They can be sourced from outside. Discount of 800 to 1000 should cover these. Paper and movement sticker is difficult or near impossible to get back.

Comment

No boxes and papers is a strict NO NO for me. But again that's just me.
        1 3 5
        ├┼┼╕
        2 4 6 R

Comment

I never buy any watches without box n papers. That said, if u just want a daily beater and don't care much about resale value, then it might make sense to pay minimum 1k less for the watch.
          What's in the box:
          • Patek Philippe 5726A
          • IWC Portu Chrono 3714-14
          • Panerai 187 Subzilla
          • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

Hi Bro
            What all the bros mentioned is quite right

The box is selling at $500-700 on some forum. And the strap is ranging from $
            $300-500.

In the Paneria world , i know this is a no no like what Seventh Son said.

But best to have the watch verified by Richemont.

Comment

thanks guys, at least i know how to bargain for a pam tat comes without box and straps now.
              or if i buy a pam and decided to keep it, i can still sell the original strap and box to recoup some cash for my next pam

Comment

Missing boxes and straps are fine for me is different is around 1k or more.

If missing paper is no no for me too, once I have a choice between 2 set of pam 190.

a) full comlete set
                b) missing sticker & manual.

Price different between A & B is $850.

I end up getting set A as advice by someone (he posted in this thread too).

Comment

If it's a limited edition Pam but without box,strap, i will take it. Next, if without cert/paper, i won't consider it,cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tpmmark View Post
                    hi collectors, im new to the world of panerai so got some doubts which i hope the seniors can clear for me

1. had anyone bought a genuine pam that comes without box and original straps? lets say resale market rate for that watch with full set is $5k, how much should i pay or shall i say its worth for an watch with papers and only comes with an rubber or leather strap.
                    Actually it relli depends on you, if you don mind and the price is reasonable then why not.

But for me if its meant to be a daily and boh chup watch then I don mind no box or original strap. If I only wear that watch on weekends then its a strict no no purchase for me. Cos this watch I will most prob be selling it in the not too distant future.

Before U buy or U just buy, U will wah very swee and U tink to yourself that it will be something U will keep but after awhile U will sian liao and you may find difficulty selling off the watch. Its not how much U lose but the ease of sale to someone else. So consider carefully before parting with your cash
                    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                      Actually it relli depends on you, if you don mind and the price is reasonable then why not.

But for me if its meant to be a daily and boh chup watch then I don mind no box or original strap. If I only wear that watch on weekends then its a strict no no purchase for me. Cos this watch I will most prob be selling it in the not too distant future.

Before U buy or U just buy, U will wah very swee and U tink to yourself that it will be something U will keep but after awhile U will sian liao and you may find difficulty selling off the watch. Its not how much U lose but the ease of sale to someone else. So consider carefully before parting with your cash
                      yup i fully agree, based on all the opinions here its best to keep full set of the 1st or 2nd hand pam i buy, who knows one day i may need to sell them or lose interest of pam.. bt right now, im very happy wif my pam zero i just got and looking at 292 right now, esp with the 292 thread posting those beautiful shots

Comment

The "savings" from not having a set with B&P IMHO is just not worth the risk. You might need to move your pieces around until u get to the desired state or something new might come up that would need you to release so locked up funds..or your taste my change...its just like buying insurance buddy, ure paying the "premium" for peace of mind...

Comment

hi bros...sorry to sidetrack abit but where can I get a PAM verified if I were to buy direct pre own from someone.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by j-sho View Post
                            hi bros...sorry to sidetrack abit but where can I get a PAM verified if I were to buy direct pre own from someone.

Thanks
                            Send to Richmont @ havelock rd for vertification,bro

Comment

I have heard of one case where the owner finds his 292J Panerai word alignment a little off centre.

Not sure if he eventually brough back to Richmont or not.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X