Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Crown pin getting broken

Hi all

I am contemplating getting a Pam 5 or 111 or radio mir which are manual winding. I would like to ask fellow brothers if you guys have any idea:-

1)Would the daily winding would lead to the crown pin (the pin attached to crown which is inside the watch) to wear off prematurely & gets broken?) I heard of manual winding crown gets broken once in a while and i not sure if these large cased watch would pose more 'stress' to the crown pin (Though the pin may be proportionally thicker)

2)Any guys here had replaced their crown pin before from Richemont & what was the cost like?

Thanks

i think what you're referring to is the stem.
    it's unlikely that the stem will break from frequent winding, unless the watch is quite old (in terms of decades) and over time, corrosion may have gradually set in and degraded the stem.

if it does somehow break and need to be replaced, i don't think it'll cost much to replace the stem. afterall, the normal manual winding PAMs are usually running on Unitas 6497 base caliber movement which is a pretty cheap movement to be honest.
    What's in the box:
    • Patek Philippe 5726A
    • IWC Portu Chrono 3714-14
    • Panerai 187 Subzilla
    • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X