Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on vintage leather straps

Hey folks,

In the process of picking my first 24/24 strap, and I'd appreciate any advice on your fave straps and/or strapmakers for vintage ammo/ammo-ish leathers! I know there isn't a *best* strap, and I totally recognize that any feedback is subjective. Nonetheless, it'd be good to hear from some local ristis on ideas for chio vintage leathers..

Some thoughts from my end... I've been emailing various strapmakers for availability of leathers. Right now the grail ammostrap for me would be a Septimus, but the price is -though not quite as steep as a Kev ammo! Other options include Zeugma (turkish ammo) and David Lane (yugoslavian ammo), though David hasn't yet replied with availability.. And third but increasingly attractive option is to go with a red Mario Paci PAV 91... Dunno whether the photo altered or what, but the strap looks exceptionally chio...

Anyway, appreciate any advice from bros here regarding leather straps, esp from those who've bought, tried and tested 'em! Of course, pictures would be great as well... In any case this could double as a [Strap] WRUW thread, since I don't think there's been one on SG-ROC quite yet..

Hi Wong
    My favourite strap maker as follows
    Personally , 1) Simona 2) Zeugma , 3) OEM 4) Gunny 5) Dirk straps 6) Rob Montanta 7)Wontancrafts 8)Manifatture Firenze 9) Julien Landa 10) Feretti .

A piece of advice - If u got the strap u want ,wear and season it first before deciding to change. Unless at the first look, u really dnt look like it. (Happen to me 1 mth ago)

Comment

Thanks for the words of wisdom and recommendations Luke, much appreciated! Yes I saw your CH3 on sale, would've gone for it if it were 24/24...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X