Breaking News: Richemont do not verify Panerai watches anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: Richemont do not verify Panerai watches anymore

I have just received a call from Panerai, Italy.

Richemont, Panerai's distributor, DO NOT provide verification service for their watches anymore.

Can anyone fill in more information, pl?

The Crown Of Achievement

???? That's ridiculous!!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Richemont confirmed they do not/ cannot do verification anymore. the best they can do is to open up the caseback and provide you with the movement number now!

so, where does this bring us?

Comment

Chinese-made are so good now.... or PAMs can be easily copied???

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Richemont, Panerai's distributor, DO NOT provide verification service for their watches anymore.

Really? Now, this is interesting!

Comment

If they can see the movement number, I am sure they will let you know if it is not genuine.
            You only lived once. Live it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Most probably they received too many complaints regarding watch being scratch

Most probably they received too many complaints regarding watch being scratch by the Richemont service centre

Comment

Watch the floodgates for counterfeits flow
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Ant View Post
                  Most probably they received too many complaints regarding watch being scratch by the Richemont service centre
                  but if this is the case, then shouldnt they look at their QC instead?

If opening a watch to auth will cause it to be scratched, then i don see how different is it when opening it for repairs. probably they should think about stopping repairs as well then.
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Uncertain Services Provided By Richmont

Should someone write-in to check the main reasons behind rather than keep on guessing the cause,thank you?

Comment

maybe you can get the ball rolling and report back to us
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        maybe you can get the ball rolling and report back to us
                        I wish to but can u assist me too?

Comment

I reckon that there may be cases of Richemont verifying good fakes as genuine.

So prices for used Panerais may head south slightly.

Comment

Actually, come to think of it, the availbilty of second hand Pams does affect Richemont's revenue.

Just some thoughts.

Every 2nd hand PAM circulated is money that the company cant earn. Hence, if auth is abolished, less people dare to buy 2nd hand pams as scare will tio fake. most people would then prefer to buy gen and the money now goes back to them.

Helps regulate the grey mkt in a way due to the easy availbility of newer Pams. but in a way, this hurts vintage collectors for OOP models. But then again, vintage model circulation doesnt really help the company too so why should they care

makes me worry about Rolex next
                            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                              Actually, come to think of it, the availbilty of second hand Pams does affect Richemont's revenue.

Just some thoughts.

Every 2nd hand PAM circulated is money that the company cant earn. Hence, if auth is abolished, less people dare to buy 2nd hand pams as scare will tio fake. most people would then prefer to buy gen and the money now goes back to them.

Helps regulate the grey mkt in a way due to the easy availbility of newer Pams. but in a way, this hurts vintage collectors for OOP models. But then again, vintage model circulation doesnt really help the company too so why should they care

makes me worry about Rolex next
                              A valid thought that actually came to my mind too when I received the (bad) news. I have been observing that over the past year, the sales of Panerai watches have been slowing down, and the hardest hit are their models that housed the in-house movements. Some have speculated that they may cease to produce the older/entry models so that they can push their newer models more aggressively but this has not seem to be the case until now.

So this move of ceasing the service for authenticating their watches may be the other unspeculated stance that they have taken to slow down the pre-own watch market, and indirectly, push the sales of their new watches up. Again, this is purely my observation. And this can be a cause for concern, especially for the pre-own watch market, if other brands follow suit.

How are we to do
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X