Finally!!! (1St Radiomir)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!!! (1St Radiomir)

About eight months ago, I finally joined the Risti family with my 1st Pam, the amazing 193.

Since then, I've been looking for a Radiomir for my 2nd Pam. There are many, many gorgeous Rads that appear on my "wish-list" -- only to eventually cross itself out...

Logically, I can understand and fully appreciate all the historic or movement significance of each piece... But as a self-confessed non-WIS with somewhat pedestrian tastes, they were all missing the most important "GRIN FACTOR" to me; which simply put, after everything is said and done, when I put it on my wrist, can the watch inexplicably put a stupid-a** grin on my face?

Well, let's test it...

First, I put it on my 10-yr old daughter's wrist... "It's ginormous daddy!" she said with a huge grin!

Then, it goes on my 12-yr old son... "Wow! It's bigger than my Ben10 watch dad!" he said grinning widely!

So, I said hmm... let's see it on my queen's wrist!... After a short battle of trying to remain cool, my wife finally broke into laughter and said "It looks like a Bug Ben" (cross between Big Ben and Ben10 alien??)

3 FOR 3!! Yup! It's confirmed -- the 341 Egiziano puts a HUGE GRIN not only on my face, but to everyone else whose opinions matter to me!

So, without further ado, please share in my HUGE JOY & HAPPINESS of my 1St Radiomir!!

Christmas really came early for me this year!

cont'd...

A couple of lum shots....

Close-ups...

And yes, it is definitely HUGE! and no, it won't be my daily wear. But heck if I don't look (or at least FEEL!) GOOD wearing it!!! Lol!! Imho, the vintage lengths (very long) works really well for my 6.75" wrist, "framing" the top lugs with tail, and the bottom lugs with buckle...

And just for (more) grins, a couple more...

In the end, no matter how you cut it, 60mm IS too big for a normal naked wrist -- since after all, it was made to be worn over cumbersome dive suit. But to me (and perhaps to other owners who wear it out), the very large size IS a hefty part of the huge appeal of the Egi!

If you've stuck around this long -- thank you for sharing my joy!! Merry Christmas all!

Horace

Comment

Huge congrats on your new grab! It does not look out of place on you at all!
      If the 341 was only a more manageable 44 or even 45mm, it will definitely be on my list of watch to get.
      But, why 'Radiomir'?

Ender
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

Very nice hoot and very nice pictures bro!!! Well done!

* mouth wide open for 5mins *

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

You know I'm crazy for that piece Horace...you carry it well though it is indeed HUGE by all accounts!!!

Comment

It is simply AWESOME!!!!

Mega drool....
              --------------------
              My Humble Collection:

AP Black Rubberclad
              Pam 351M
              Rolex 216570
              Rolex 16610
              Rolex 6694
              Seiko sbbn007 Tuna
              Sinn U1 Black

Comment

This watch alone already looks handsome . I was worried with your first few pics and thought you are going to ruin the looks of it when worn because it is really BIG. But when I see the pics of you wearing it, I think the "combination" looks gorgeous .

Congratz! I enjoyed your pics illustration .
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Perfect illustration how wrist size isn't everything... it looks quite at home in that half-body shot you've taken! I'm impressed - didn't think it was possible on a Singaporean build! Just a little smaller and it would've been perfect... But that's my own view, and as long as its perfect to you then thats all that matters. Congratulations!!!!!

Comment

Thanks bros! I am enjoying it very much!

As to wearability, it is my personal opinion that this watch really should be worn with at least 90/160 strap (which was close to vintage lengths I believe), as the visible buckle and tail make a HUGE difference in wrist presence (as demonstrated between my wristshot in front of the Christmas tree vs. the half body).

Comment

Originally posted by H2F View Post
                      A couple of lum shots....
                      [IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/h2finally/341/DSC02578.jpg[/

And yes, it is definitely HUGE! and no, it won't be my daily wear. But heck if I don't look (or at least FEEL!) GOOD wearing it!!! Lol!! Imho, the vintage lengths (very long) works really well for my 6.75" wrist, "framing" the top lugs with tail, and the bottom lugs with buckle...

And just for (more) grins, a couple more...

In the end, no matter how you cut it, 60mm IS too big for a normal naked wrist -- since after all, it was made to be worn over cumbersome dive suit. But to me (and perhaps to other owners who wear it out), the very large size IS a hefty part of the huge appeal of the Egi!

If you've stuck around this long -- thank you for sharing my joy!! Merry Christmas all!

Horace
                      44mm watch is still in trend, not until u set a new benchmark at 60mm. That's more than just trend... u making statement dude The beast look perfectly fine on your sub 7" wrist. Big congrat. Cheers

Comment

What a fascinating piece.

Very interesting post and very nice pictures!

Replace your kids' ben ten with this keke.
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Aewsome piece of timepiece on your wrist....think of my one will be too small to stand side by side beside you,cheers!

Wear it in good health too

Comment

So far, I have only seen it look nice on Sly.....but you are a very close second.

Congrats on this historically correct beauty.

With the 193 and the 341, you should really use some loose change for a DSSD. ha

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                              So far, I have only seen it look nice on Sly.....but you are a very close second.

Congrats on this historically correct beauty.

With the 193 and the 341, you should really use some loose change for a DSSD. ha
                              Walau paisieh leh bruddah! In person it really is too big for me still... (right bro Zameen?). But the beauty of getting older is I don't care! Haha!!

I LOVE the DSSD -- but cannot tahan the taper-to-tiny bracelet! Still hopeful Rolex will make wider bracelet for it soon...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X